Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Stimulus and MSM coverage

+14
DWags
Motown Spartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
18 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Second Stimulus and MSM coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Second Stimulus and MSM coverage

Post by kingstonlake 2020-12-29, 12:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
They know he's not gonna sign such a thing.. but they also know that he publicly put the Senate in a bad position two weeks before the GA election to determine control of the Senate.

Loeffler, Perdue back $2,000 stimulus checks
Second Stimulus and MSM coverage - Page 3 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

Let me translate. " I support the president and the idea that I'll never actually have to vote on and put my money where my mouth is. Thank you Mitch. We played Nancy and the Dems like a fiddle again. I gotta go now and campaign on the net win issue I support but will never have to follow through on."
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Second Stimulus and MSM coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Second Stimulus and MSM coverage

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-29, 13:16

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Second Stimulus and MSM coverage - Page 3 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

Let me translate. " I support the president and the idea that I'll never actually have to vote on and put my money where my mouth is. Thank you Mitch. We played Nancy and the Dems like a fiddle again. I gotta go now and campaign on the net win issue I support but will never have to follow through on."
you're a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-21, 15:40

Are the democrats really gonna fuck this all up this fast? If they take until March to send out $1400 checks, why would anyone in Georgia ever vote Democrat again? The promises were clear and explicit. $2000 checks immediately.

This shouldn't be fucking difficult.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 16:00

Cameron wrote:

Are the democrats really gonna fuck this all up this fast? If they take until March to send out $1400 checks, why would anyone in Georgia ever vote Democrat again? The promises were clear and explicit. $2000 checks immediately.

Well, it is actually fucking difficult.

You do know the bill must pass in the Senate? And you do know that requires 60 votes unless they kill the filibuster (the so-called nuclear option)? So the Rs are trying to debate/delay and then try to transfer blame to the Ds.

The bill is ready to go. The Rs in the Senate don't like the $1.9T price tag. And there you have it.

Mitch sat on the last House bill that had $2k checks for 6+months before "compromising to the $600 joke. Where's your faux outrage over that?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-01-21, 16:02

Cameron wrote:

Why would they get a $2000 check? $1400 + $600 = $2000 I know math isn't a strong suit in the south, but $1400 makes sense.
Has it even been 48 hours since Biden's been in office yet?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-21, 16:15

You two are such fucking weenies. "Oh, they can't do it, the Republicans!" "Math means people should be fine with $600 less than they were promised!"

I'll address some of these concerns in turn.

Yes, I know that the bill has to pass the senate. Yes, I know they need 60 votes. There is no God damn bill on the senate floor, even, yet you're still trying to blame Republicans. THE DEMOCRATS CONTROL BOTH CHAMBERS NOW. They can at least bring it to the floor, and there are multiple Republican senators that have indicated they will or might support it.

Where was my "faux-outrage" over Mitch sitting on the bill, Heat? If you paid any fucking attention at all to anything, you'd know that I've been bitching about the delay/lack of stimulus for months now.

As for the 1400+600=2000 bit of rocket science you've just laid on me Inten, let me take a minute to compose myself, because that's mighty complicated, what you've just laid on me, and I'm a simple man.

The Democrats campaigned hard in Georgia on "vote D, get $2k." We already had the 600, and they weren't saying "vote D and get another $1400, bringing the total up to $2k, and oh by the way, that might not happen until March anyway, damn Republicans."

You guys both fail.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 16:21

Cameron wrote:You two are such fucking weenies. "Oh, they can't do it, the Republicans!" "Math means people should be fine with $600 less than they were promised!"

Yes, I know that the bill has to pass the senate. Yes, I know they need 60 votes. There is no God damn bill on the senate floor, even, yet you're still trying to blame Republicans. THE DEMOCRATS CONTROL BOTH CHAMBERS NOW. They can at least bring it to the floor, and there are multiple Republican senators that have indicated they will or might support it.

Where was my "faux-outrage" over Mitch sitting on the bill, Heat? If you paid any fucking attention at all to anything, you'd know that I've been bitching about the delay/lack of stimulus for months now.

As for the 1400+600=2000 bit of rocket science you've just laid on me Inten, let me take a minute to compose myself, because that's mighty complicated, what you've just laid on me, and I'm a simple man.

The Democrats campaigned hard in Georgia on "vote D, get $2k." We already had the 600, and they weren't saying "vote D and get another $1400, bringing the total up to $2k, and oh by the way, that might not happen until March anyway, damn Republicans."

You guys both fail.

Looks like you don't really understand how Congress works. No, you can't just bring a bill to the floor on day 2. It has to go thru the House with debate. Assuming it passes, it then has to go to the Senate...with debate. Then reconciliation between the two. And so on.

You should Google 'Schoolhouse Rock' and watch the one about how a bill becomes a law. It's got a catchy tune. You'll love it.

And BTW...it took the Rs 11 months to get their tax giveaway passed while controlling both houses & they had to use a sneaky budget reconciliation trick to do it with 53 votes in the Senate. Spending ~$2T doesn't happen overnight. Sorry.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-01-21, 16:30

And just like that the left is already fighting within itself.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 16:34

InTenSity wrote:And just like that the left is already fighting within itself.

Well that video is not from the "left". Funny how the right is now suddenly "tongue in cheek" concerned about people getting checks.

Also, March is <40 days away. Getting a ~$2T bill passed in <40 days would be rather impressive IMHO.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-21, 16:35

Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:You two are such fucking weenies. "Oh, they can't do it, the Republicans!" "Math means people should be fine with $600 less than they were promised!"

You guys both fail.

Looks like you don't really understand how Congress works. No, you can't just bring a bill to the floor on day 2. It has to go thru the House with debate. Assuming it passes, it then has to go to the Senate...with debate. Then reconciliation between the two. And so on.

You should Google 'Schoolhouse Rock' and watch the one about how a bill becomes a law. It's got a catchy tune. You'll love it.

And BTW...it took the Rs 11 months to get their tax giveaway passed while controlling both houses & they had to use a sneaky budget reconciliation trick to do it with 53 votes in the Senate. Spending ~$2T doesn't happen overnight. Sorry.
Yeah, and it's not like the Democrats have controlled the House for a while now and could have already had a bill sent to the Senate. Definitely not. And I certainly haven't criticized Pelosi for that failing either, no way.

Second Stimulus and MSM coverage - Page 3 116
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 16:40

They sent a bill to the Senate in June. Mitch sat on it. Sending bills to the Senate while under Mitch's control is useless. We'll see how long it takes for the new bill to go thru. Again, it's day 2. I think your expectations need some managing.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-21, 16:51

Heat Miser wrote:They sent a bill to the Senate in June. Mitch sat on it. Sending bills to the Senate while under Mitch's control is useless. We'll see how long it takes for the new bill to go thru. Again, it's day 2. I think your expectations need some managing.
And you've said that if we get nothing until March, you'll be impressed. Your expectations are absurdly low, and you seem perfectly content to lay all the blame for the state of things at the feet of the Republicans.

I actually expect my legislators to legislate, and I expect them to work much much harder during an emergency like a global pandemic. Both fucking parties. To the extent that Democrats at least pay lip service to doing the right thing on occasion, I find it rather more galling when they fail to respond urgently to urgent matters. And I find it fucking obnoxious when they use Republican obstinacy as a pretext to not even really try, which they are only too happy to do. And I find it pathetic when otherwise reasonable people let them off the hook for doing it, simply because the other party is worse.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 17:03

Cameron wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:They sent a bill to the Senate in June. Mitch sat on it. Sending bills to the Senate while under Mitch's control is useless. We'll see how long it takes for the new bill to go thru. Again, it's day 2. I think your expectations need some managing.
And you've said that if we get nothing until March, you'll be impressed. Your expectations are absurdly low, and you seem perfectly content to lay all the blame for the state of things at the feet of the Republicans.

I actually expect my legislators to legislate, and I expect them to work much much harder during an emergency like a global pandemic. Both fucking parties. To the extent that Democrats at least pay lip service to doing the right thing on occasion, I find it rather more galling when they fail to respond urgently to urgent matters. And I find it fucking obnoxious when they use Republican obstinacy as a pretext to not even really try, which they are only too happy to do. And I find it pathetic when otherwise reasonable people let them off the hook for doing it, simply because the other party is worse.

What's a reasonable date in your eyes? When were you expecting to get your $1400/$2k check? Have you even gotten your $600 insult?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-21, 18:36

Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:

What's a reasonable date in your eyes? When were you expecting to get your $1400/$2k check? Have you even gotten your $600 insult?
I did get the $600. Pretty quickly after it passed, in fact. If they don't play games and try and roll other stuff into it, I think they could get $2k checks at least to a floor vote within a week. Or at least they would have been able to if they had done the legwork and the ball was already rolling.

They can draft articles of impeachment for a guy who won't be in office anymore within a couple days, it's clear they can get stuff done quickly when they actually want to.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 19:00

Cameron wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I did get the $600. Pretty quickly after it passed, in fact. If they don't play games and try and roll other stuff into it, I think they could get $2k checks at least to a floor vote within a week. Or at least they would have been able to if they had done the legwork and the ball was already rolling.

They can draft articles of impeachment for a guy who won't be in office anymore within a couple days, it's clear they can get stuff done quickly when they actually want to.

Well, the article of impeachment was a 4 page document. The next relief package will likely be 1k+ pages.

Now, 1 week to the House floor. Another week to the Senate floor. Another week for reconciliation. Hello March.

Also, please point me to a single piece of significant legislation that was passed within 1 month of any president in the history of this country taking office.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-21, 19:07

$2k checks does not require 1000 pages unless they want to load it up with a bunch of extraneous nonsense like always. Both sides want to play games with other priorities here. Mitch wanted to put section 230 and employer liability shield shit in there with the checks. The Dems seem to want to put state and local stuff in with it. Stop trying to pair the checks with contentious items, stop playing games, and just pass checks like they promised to do over and over again while campaigning in Georgia.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 19:14

Cameron wrote:$2k checks does not require 1000 pages unless they want to load it up with a bunch of extraneous nonsense like always. Both sides want to play games with other priorities here. Mitch wanted to put section 230 and employer liability shield shit in there with the checks. The Dems seem to want to put state and local stuff in with it. Stop trying to pair the checks with contentious items, stop playing games, and just pass checks like they promised to do over and over again while campaigning in Georgia.

Whelp. That's not the legislation on the table. You're living in fantasyland if you think that's going to happen. Please point me to anywhere where anyone promised they were going to do stand alone check legislation.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-21, 19:24

Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:$2k checks does not require 1000 pages unless they want to load it up with a bunch of extraneous nonsense like always. Both sides want to play games with other priorities here. Mitch wanted to put section 230 and employer liability shield shit in there with the checks. The Dems seem to want to put state and local stuff in with it. Stop trying to pair the checks with contentious items, stop playing games, and just pass checks like they promised to do over and over again while campaigning in Georgia.

Whelp. That's not the legislation on the table. You're living in fantasyland if you think that's going to happen. Please point me to anywhere where anyone promised they were going to do stand alone check legislation.
I doubt anyone said "we're gonna do stand alone legislation for $2k checks with no other provisions." They also didn't say "vote D and you'll maybe get $1400 to go along with the $600 you've already gotten, in a few weeks, if Republicans aren't dicks about it." I'm sure the voters who gave them the senate won't mind that the Dems are already watering down their promises without a fight.

If you insist on carrying water for the Democratic establishment, you should want them not to be transparently spineless weasels. You should want them to follow through on the promises they make to voters, so that those voters keep voting D instead of R.

Second Stimulus and MSM coverage - Page 3 Tenor
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 19:34

Cameron wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I doubt anyone said "we're gonna do stand alone legislation for $2k checks with no other provisions." They also didn't say "vote D and you'll maybe get $1400 to go along with the $600 you've already gotten, in a few weeks, if Republicans aren't dicks about it." I'm sure the voters who gave them the senate won't mind that the Dems are already watering down their promises without a fight.

If you insist on carrying water for the Democratic establishment, you should want them not to be transparently spineless weasels. You should want them to follow through on the promises they make to voters, so that those voters keep voting D instead of R.

Second Stimulus and MSM coverage - Page 3 Tenor

I suppose they're welcome to vote R and take $600 and nothing else. They often vote against their own best interests. Second Stimulus and MSM coverage - Page 3 2599972566

And they are following thru thus far (again, it's day 2). Just not at a speed acceptable to Cameron. Or at a speed that's never been done before in the history of the country. #unrealisticexpectations
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-21, 19:45

Republicans bludgeon Biden's big stimulus plans

John Thune (R-S.D,) wrote:“I don’t think it can get 60. Because even the people on our side that would be inclined to want to work with the administration on something like that, that price range is going to be out of range for them.”

But tax cuts for corporations and the rich? Hell yes!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-21, 21:00

‘A Betrayal’: Georgia Voters Enraged After Democrats Promise of ‘$2000 Checks’ Becomes $1400 Under Biden Stimulus Plan

[tw]1349937010954407936?s=20[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-21, 21:30

Cameron wrote:‘A Betrayal’: Georgia Voters Enraged After Democrats Promise of ‘$2000 Checks’ Becomes $1400 Under Biden Stimulus Plan

$1400 + $600= $2000
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-01-21, 21:46

Cameron wrote:‘A Betrayal’: Georgia Voters Enraged After Democrats Promise of ‘$2000 Checks’ Becomes $1400 Under Biden Stimulus Plan

This really feels like a pre-trump fox news story. Rile up the base with bullshit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-21, 23:13

Do Democrats need the US to literally be a one-party system to actually get anything done? Is that the lesson I should be learning right now?

If Democrats are incapable of doing shit with control of the white House and both chambers of congress, what is the fucking point? If it takes more than this, we'll never get there. Get results or fucking stop running for office.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-01-22, 00:15

$600 + $1400 = ?

Anyone? Anyone?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-01-22, 00:20

I think campaigns should now just be a game of name that check.

Two candidates just keep one upping each other on how much money they’ll send you until one bows out.

Or maybe they can just kick each other in the crotch until one quits.

Either one really.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-22, 00:27

Cameron wrote:Do Democrats need the US to literally be a one-party system to actually get anything done? Is that the lesson I should be learning right now?

If Democrats are incapable of doing shit with control of the white House and both chambers of congress, what is the fucking point? If it takes more than this, we'll never get there. Get results or fucking stop running for office.

They just need 10 more senators. Get to work and boot some more red devils in '22.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-22, 00:28

GRR Spartan wrote:$600 + $1400 = ?

Anyone?  Anyone?
If you give someone $600, and then you give them $1400, is it accurate and correct to say that you gave them a $2000 check?

If you've already given someone $600, and you say that if they do X, you'll give them $2000, then they do X, and you give them $1400, have you been true to your word?

Is the credibility of the Biden administration and the Democratic party in general worth $600 per person? Would giving Americans a full fresh $2000 be a bad thing?

I just don't fucking get it...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-22, 00:28

Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:Do Democrats need the US to literally be a one-party system to actually get anything done? Is that the lesson I should be learning right now?

They just need 10 more senators. Get to work and boot some more red devils in '22.
If you think that has any chance of happening, I want some of your drugs.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-22, 00:48

Cameron wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

If you think that has any chance of happening, I want some of your drugs.

Then I guess you're going to have to learn to deal with the current situation.

I'll remind you the Rs had the White House, House, & Senate for the 1st two years of Orange Fuckface's reign of terror. What did they accomplish legislatively? The big tax giveaway. That's about it. And it took them 11 months. The didn't repeal Obamacare. No infrastructure bill. Nothing.

So have a little patience. It's day 3 now. They spent 4 years fucking shit up. It ain't getting cleaned up overnight.

BTW...Mitch still hasn't agreed to procedural terms for the Senate, so the Ds don't even have control of the committees yet. Don't like it? Call Mitch & tell him to stop being a dickhead.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-22, 06:13

Second Stimulus and MSM coverage - Page 3 Bf25ce10
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-22, 06:16

I agree with Cameron that they should probably just go ahead and send out a $2000 check to not immediately look and sound like idiots and I don’t see why anyone would be against them doing that and I think it’s just a bit of blind follow the leader happy trails going on
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-22, 06:56

Start writing checks today! Rolling Eyes
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-01-22, 07:53

kingstonlake wrote:Start writing checks today! Rolling Eyes

We can't. The Republicans are concerned about the deficit now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-22, 08:44

God damn. I'm shedding a tear right now. It's been so long since this stuff has been the biggest topic to discuss with the executive branch. No rampant corruption, at least overtly... only bureaucratic bullshit. God bless America!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-22, 09:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Start writing checks today! Rolling Eyes

Doesn't matter. Write checks. It's my money and I want it now!

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-01-22, 09:18

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Filibuster
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-22, 09:28

Motown Spartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Filibuster

Who you callin a Busta!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-22, 09:50

Paging Cameron

Why Republicans are still in charge of Senate proceedings.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-22, 10:50

I really just don’t think that saying “if democrats ran on a $2000 per person stimulus then get elected and don’t get a $2000 stimulus done then that’s a bad thing” is that ridiculous of a notion. If they want people to keep voting for them then they’re going to have to come through on that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next