Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+33
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
J T
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
amiahtfrazier
Travis of the Cosmos
Bert Savoy
Heat Miser
MrMojoRisin
Dendrobates
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
SawGreen
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
37 posters

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 12 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-04, 10:26

kingstonlake wrote:Anybody catch "Nope"

Curious of people thoughts on it. I can't decide if I liked it.
Nope.

(haven't watched it)
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 12 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-06, 15:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Only murders in the building, season 2... some pretty funny lines.
They do a good job with this show. I only firat watched Season 1 (and then Season 2) a couple of weeks ago, but was pleasantly surprised. The quirky humor works with me.

I’m madly in love with Selena Gomez and yes in a completely creepy way.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan and Wally Fairway like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-06, 18:29

Rocinante wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
They do a good job with this show. I only firat watched Season 1 (and then Season 2) a couple of weeks ago, but was pleasantly surprised. The quirky humor works with me.

I don't think I've seen her anything since my daughter used to watch her Disney show. She's matured quite nicely.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-06, 18:53

Rocinante wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

That voice though. Yikes.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-09-06, 21:22

MiamiSpartan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Only murders in the building, season 2... some pretty funny lines.

I'm not a big fan of Short and Martin, but they fit their characters well. Well done. Easy watch.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-09-07, 10:34

Just finished season one of For All Mankind on AppleTV. A pretty good what if story so far.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-09, 14:03

I actually liked Morbius. Although he’s more chaotic neutral in the comics and I thought the female lead at the end was kind of eh… also the cameo during the credits seemed really like off the cuff. But all in all I liked it a lot. Matt Smith was great. Leto got better as it went along. Usually he’s distractingly weird as an actor to me. Also seems to take place in the MCU so interested to see if they bring him in.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-09-09, 20:56

I went to the first Lord of the Rings movie. I thought it would be good. I like medieval type shit. I read the Hobbit as a kid. Probably skimmed it to be honest. It was 3 hours of hell. One of the reasons I rarely go to the theatre.

I thought I would give it another chance with Rings of Power. I'm not trapped in a theater. They can spread the story out. GoT's House of Dragons is pretty solid. Let's give it a go. 10 minutes in and it fugging sucks. Not my thing.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-10, 14:35

Nordic wrote:I went to the first Lord of the Rings movie. I thought it would be good. I like medieval type shit. I read the Hobbit as a kid. Probably skimmed it to be honest. It was 3 hours of hell. One of the reasons I rarely go to the theatre.

I thought I would give it another chance with Rings of Power. I'm not trapped in a theater. They can spread the story out. GoT's House of Dragons is pretty solid. Let's give it a go. 10 minutes in and it fugging sucks. Not my thing.

I think most people have LOTR fatigue. My completely scientific opinion is it’s going to bomb.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-14, 19:37

First two episodes of the new season of The Hamdmaid's Tale dropped today. One of the beat shows on TV.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-14, 20:02

Rocinante wrote:
Nordic wrote:I went to the first Lord of the Rings movie. I thought it would be good. I like medieval type shit. I read the Hobbit as a kid. Probably skimmed it to be honest. It was 3 hours of hell. One of the reasons I rarely go to the theatre.

I think most people have LOTR fatigue. My completely scientific opinion is it’s going to bomb.

Despite racists review bombing it (a pathetic trend with movies and TV) the premier had 25 million viewers in the first 24 hours, Amazon's largest ever premier. I believe that's comparable to the premier of House of Dragons.

Of course the test will be the numbers that stick around for the season, not the premier. I'm fine with it so far, but we will see how it develops. It seems like a slow burn, but so we're the LOTR movies.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-15, 10:57

Like I said my analysis was completely scientific so you should bank on it.

Also, fuck racists.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-09-16, 14:42

my god.. I watched the trailer for the Jeffery Dahmer movie on Netflix and I might never sleep again.

holy fuck it's creepy.

Monster
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-22, 17:23

Who’s watched the Kids in the Hall reboot on Amazon. There were some clunkers but from what I remember there were in the original too. I thought it was good. Episode 2 felt like the funniest front to back to me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-22, 18:55

Rocinante wrote:Who’s watched the Kids in the Hall reboot on Amazon. There were some clunkers but from what I remember there were in the original too. I thought it was good. Episode 2 felt like the funniest front to back to me.
Yes, good.
Did not have to see what I saw though.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-23, 12:12

Which is exactly why they did it. 😂
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-23, 18:30

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Someone said Hacks... mid way through season 2, pretty good.

Just wrapped up Hacks season one. It usually takes me 2-3 episodes to buy into a show, especially a comedy, but this was easy to like right from the start. That alone is surprising to me because I had my doubts, mostly because I’m not a huge fan of Jean Smart and I couldn’t see her pulling off a lead role as a comedian. Happy to report I was wrong.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-23, 18:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

So is it a "the making of" or is it a drama? Do you have to be a HUGE fan of the movie to enjoy it?

(Of course I liked it, but I'm not a fanboy of the movie... and the wife that got blowed up was super hot and also very irritating)

It is a drama about the making of, based mostly on producer Al Ruddy's account.

I am a huge Godfather fan, but I don't think you need to be to enjoy this show. There are references to famous scenes, but it isn't like you need background from the movies to know what is going on in the shows plot lines.

Repeating my emphasis on how much I liked The Offer. And you’re right—it stands on its own as a 10-part mini-series. But anyone who knows the film will find the storylines interesting on a separate level.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-23, 22:39

kingstonlake wrote:Anybody catch "Nope"

Curious of people thoughts on it. I can't decide if I liked it.
Soooo... uh yeah. The ship and everything. What did the monkey have to do with it? It's a head scratcher. I'm sure it "means" something, but its beyond me.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-09-23, 22:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my god.. I watched the trailer for the Jeffery Dahmer movie on Netflix and I might never sleep again.

holy fuck it's creepy.

Monster

That's too in-depth. Strictly for fans.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-24, 20:52

Watching Pinocchio on Disney+... I got a hot take that might shock you people, but here it goes. Tom motherfucking Hanks can act a movie.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-24, 21:13

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Watching Pinocchio on Disney+... I got a hot take that might shock you people, but here it goes. Tom motherfucking Hanks can act a movie.
He peaked with Bosom Buddies.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-26, 15:42

Just finished "The US and the Holocaust"... and guess what... it was fucking depressing as hell.

Damn... the language used then and now is identical. Any chance the current "america first" crowd watches this and feels disgusted with themselves? Rolling Eyes

I suppose, like it said in the final episode with the jewish touring show, art has a way of influencing that other things don't necessarily do. So, this needed to be made... it's just fucking disgusting and depressing and probably wont be seen by those who should see it the most.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-26, 18:19

I’d say the people who need to see it most are the ones willing to beat the shit out of a fascist.

🖐
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-09-27, 18:16

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just finished "The US and the Holocaust"... and guess what... it was fucking depressing as hell.

Damn... the language used then and now is identical. Any chance the current "america first" crowd watches this and feels disgusted with themselves? Rolling Eyes
No way in hell they feel disgusted with themselves. Ya gotta remember, their christian hero brags about grabbing women "by the pussy".

If anything, they used the Burns documentary as a "how to" guide.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-09-28, 20:32

tWife is watching Welcome to Wrexum. The obvious reason is because of Ryan Reynolds.

The soccer fans of the board may be tempted to give it a go. Maybe you're a documentary fan or Reynold's gets you going (I like him, twife likes him, win-wn).

But i'm gonna cut to the Pervis-Muldoon-chase, this thing is a pile of shit.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-29, 12:53

Yeah I watched the first 2 or 3. Mainly I kept watching because of some great northern English accents. The front office guy especially. But it wasn’t enough. Pass.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-09-29, 12:56

What do squirrels watch on TV?

Dad Joke Answer:
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-29, 13:53

Rocinante wrote:Yeah I watched the first 2 or 3. Mainly I kept watching because of some great northern English accents. The front office guy especially. But it wasn’t enough. Pass.

They'd probably string you up by the balls for calling it that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-29, 13:58

I'm watching the Wrexham... it's not bad.

I had no idea rob mcelhenney is married to sweet D.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-29, 14:01

I like Welcome To Wrexham, but I also have a real admiration for the lower tier clubs. I'd love to attend games of that level if I get the chance to go to England again. And, although I've supported one of the biggest clubs in the world since I was a kid, I can identify a lot with the things they say about the community aspects of the clubs, what it all means to them, etc. It is the same as the local fans of even the big clubs, and the fan culture of English soccer is hugely important to me. I don't care so much about the owners, but I really enjoy the fan angle on the show.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-29, 14:49

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm watching the Wrexham... it's not bad.

I had no idea rob mcelhenney is married to sweet D.

He must like birds.

p.s. did you know Charlie and the Waitress are married irl?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-09-29, 14:52

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm watching the Wrexham....
Wrexham?

damn near killed 'ham.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-29, 14:59

Defending Jacob was pretty good. It’s an 8-episode miniseries based on the bestselling novel by William Landay.
On one hand, this drama/murder mystery is fairly formulaic. But it’s less predictable than usual. The writing is good and there are enough little twists to keep you guessing as to whether or not the boy is guilty. It doesn’t help that, IMO, the actor chosen as Jacob acts too moody and looks like he’d be more comfortable in a dark trenchcoat shooting up his high school, but you may feel differently.

Here’s the IMDb viewer writeup:

Andy Barber has been an assistant district attorney in his suburban Massachusetts county for over 20 years. He is respected in his community, tenacious in the courtroom, and happy at home with his wife Laurie and son Jacob. But when a shocking crime shatters their New England town, Andy is blindsided by what happens next: His 14-year-old son is charged with the murder of a fellow student. Every parental instinct Andy has rallies to protect his boy. Jacob insists that he is innocent, and Andy believes him. Andy must. He's his father. But as damning facts and shocking revelations surface, as a marriage threatens to crumble and the trial intensifies, as the crisis reveals how little a father knows about his son, Andy will face his own trial: between loyalty and justice, between truth and allegation, between a past he's tried to bury and a future he cannot conceive.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-29, 18:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Yeah I watched the first 2 or 3. Mainly I kept watching because of some great northern English accents. The front office guy especially. But it wasn’t enough. Pass.

What would you call it smartypants. Some sound more Yorkshire, some sound like other places. So… North. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-29, 18:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:I like Welcome To Wrexham, but I also have a real admiration for the lower tier clubs. I'd love to attend games of that level if I get the chance to go to England again. And, although I've supported one of the biggest clubs in the world since I was a kid, I can identify a lot with the things they say about the community aspects of the clubs, what it all means to them, etc. It is the same as the local fans of even the big clubs, and the fan culture of English soccer is hugely important to me. I don't care so much about the owners, but I really enjoy the fan angle on the show.
Agree, small town fans, relegation... all of that is cool to me. Too bad no merican sports have that same feel. Just think of cheering on the lions to get back to the NFL? Or watching the Lansing beat Grand Rapids for a title and relegation to the bigs....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-29, 18:17

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I like Welcome To Wrexham, but I also have a real admiration for the lower tier clubs. I'd love to attend games of that level if I get the chance to go to England again. And, although I've supported one of the biggest clubs in the world since I was a kid, I can identify a lot with the things they say about the community aspects of the clubs, what it all means to them, etc. It is the same as the local fans of even the big clubs, and the fan culture of English soccer is hugely important to me. I don't care so much about the owners, but I really enjoy the fan angle on the show.
Agree, small town fans, relegation... all of that is cool to me. Too bad no merican sports have that same feel. Just think of cheering on the lions to get back to the NFL? Or watching the Lansing beat Grand Rapids for a title and relegation to the bigs....

I think USL is implementing it with their lower tier, but they won't be able to move up to MLS. Will be interesting to see how that goes.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-29, 18:20

Rocinante wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

What would you call it smartypants. Some sound more Yorkshire, some sound like other places. So… North. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally, I'd call it Welsh. Since it is in Wales. Which, of course, is not England, so they may take exception to their accent being called English.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-29, 18:31

Fair. Some of the ones I like the most don’t sound like they’re from wrexham though. Clearly I’m a scholar of uk dialects.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-29, 18:47

Rocinante wrote:Fair. Some of the ones I like the most don’t sound like they’re from wrexham though. Clearly I’m a scholar of uk dialects.

A few years ago, someone — I think it was Craig Ferguson — said there’s a place somewhere in Scotland where everyone talks like pirates. It’s just their natural accent. Can’t decide if I’d be amused or annoyed by that if I ever visited. Probably both.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next