Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+29
GirbaudJeans
NigelUno
Heat Miser
SawGreen
InTenSity
Mr. Shagnasty
MSU addict
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
Jake from State Farm
DWags
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
y2kMgrad
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
Rocinante
steveschneider
Turtleneck
Dendrobates
Motown Spartan
33 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Dendrobates Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:02 pm

SawGreen wrote:
DWags wrote:

Like how the president’s leave behind a note in the desk.

(p.s. I think there is a different thread for this, but ... https://www.amazon.com/M%E1%BA%A1ssager-Ple%E1%BA%A1sure-St%E1%BB%8Bmul%E1%BA%A1tor-V%E1%BB%8Bbr%E1%BA%A1ting-Rech%E1%BA%A1rgeable/dp/B0966H7PN6/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=rabbit+vibrator&qid=1622932016&sr=8-2)

That's similar to the one I had. RIP rabbit
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

SawGreen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:03 pm

I don’t think I get that channel, Pantry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:19 pm

Ads appear on a few standard cable channels.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:44 pm

The Pantry wrote:Ads appear on a few standard cable channels.

I've seen them. It is entertaining to watch
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:48 pm

The Pantry wrote:Ever fall asleep with the TV on and wake up to one of those Adam & Eve infomercials? The chick that does them seems so excited describing all the products.

Nope, pretty much the Golden Girls every time that happens.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:34 pm

SawGreen wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Ever fall asleep with the TV on and wake up to one of those Adam & Eve infomercials? The chick that does them seems so excited describing all the products.

CMT?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:00 am

The Pantry wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

CMT?

Hallmark and yeah, I guess I'm on a mission lately to sound really old)
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:07 am

I prefer to be naked when I poop. Not sure why, but I just feel more free. This is something I've slowly discovered over the past few years but I now know I was definitely missing out.

Carry on.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:I prefer to be naked when I poop. Not sure why, but I just feel more free. This is something I've slowly discovered over the past few years but I now know I was definitely missing out.

Carry on.

My 3 year old likes to do that too
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:26 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:I prefer to be naked when I poop. Not sure why, but I just feel more free. This is something I've slowly discovered over the past few years but I now know I was definitely missing out.

Carry on.

My 3 year old likes to do that too

Kindred spirits.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Carry on.

I have been pondering this all day. It sounds interesting, but I just don't think I would take the time to undress and dress.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:09 pm

Our Corporate IT overlords decided to push a security update out this weekend that requires you to set an 8 digit pin on your phone to unlock it if you want to access your Outlook account on your phone. They already had one in place for if I were to launch Teams or Outlook on my phone (6 digit PIN), and that was annoying, but I get it and fine. But now if I lock my phone for a second and want to unlock it to use my camera I would have to do a 8 digit PIN. So I guess I'm not using Outlook on my phone anymore. Remember when I would respond to all of those emails and IMs when I was at the gym or at home away from my desk? Not anymore. Brilliant move pinheads.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:22 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Our Corporate IT overlords decided to push a security update out this weekend that requires you to set an 8 digit pin on your phone to unlock it if you want to access your Outlook account on your phone. They already had one in place for if I were to launch Teams or Outlook on my phone (6 digit PIN), and that was annoying, but I get it and fine. But now if I lock my phone for a second and want to unlock it to use my camera I would have to do a 8 digit PIN. So I guess I'm not using Outlook on my phone anymore. Remember when I would respond to all of those emails and IMs when I was at the gym or at home away from my desk? Not anymore. Brilliant move pinheads.

Just add four zero's to the 4 digit pin. I did that when AT&T added that little piece of love to our phone system to get messages for the business. "No, you need to have an 6 digit pin now, not a four digit pin". So, I just kept the shit the same on the four lines and added two zero's to all of them. yeah, it's a pain, but I'm used to it now. If anyone wants to break into my business and listen to my phone messages, well, go the fuck ahead.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

SawGreen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:43 pm

They actually have it set so you can't use repeating digits.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:46 pm

SawGreen wrote:

Carry on.

I have been pondering this all day. It sounds interesting, but I just don't think I would take the time to undress and dress.

You have to try it at least once. Especially good if dealing with unusually loose stools.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:57 pm

Pooping naked is awesome.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:17 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They actually have it set so you can't use repeating digits.

Proof that IT guys can be complete dicks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:28 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They actually have it set so you can't use repeating digits.

Makes me wonder how current they are with password recommendations. NIST did a complete about face about password requirements a few years ago. I don't have a link, but I can bear witness that a place I worked for was trying to keep up with a few years ago standards. I think I introducing a third element works pretty well (like a cell phone or landline verification after an id/password sign-in).
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:35 pm

Yeah. But I think more the point of my rant is - password protect the apps! Not the whole effing phone! I was actually contemplating it earlier thinking this might be a good exercise in not using my phone as much. It definitely would train you to think twice before reaching for your phone. But honestly nah - there are times when I actually need to access my phone frequently and I just could not deal with that shit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:40 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah. But I think more the point of my rant is - password protect the apps! Not the whole effing phone! I was actually contemplating it earlier thinking this might be a good exercise in not using my phone as much. It definitely would train you to think twice before reaching for your phone. But honestly nah - there are times when I actually need to access my phone frequently and I just could not deal with that shit.

I agree. I think the phone requirement is an over-reach unless you are provided the phone. Email or cell or landline seems ok to me. I just got subbed under a firm that uses effing Google as their corporate foundation. I don't find that to be a wise move. Cheap maybe, but kinda risky IMO.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:56 pm

SawGreen wrote:

Carry on.

I have been pondering this all day.  It sounds interesting, but I just don't think I would take the time to undress and dress.  
If you get naked (at least remove your pants) you can face the other way the toilet and use the tank as a little table - for snacks, your laptop, etc.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:10 pm

MSU addict wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

I have been pondering this all day.  It sounds interesting, but I just don't think I would take the time to undress and dress.  
If you get naked (at least remove your pants) you can face the other way the toilet and use the tank as a little table - for snacks, your laptop, etc.

This sounds like it’s coming from experience.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:13 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah. But I think more the point of my rant is - password protect the apps! Not the whole effing phone! I was actually contemplating it earlier thinking this might be a good exercise in not using my phone as much. It definitely would train you to think twice before reaching for your phone. But honestly nah - there are times when I actually need to access my phone frequently and I just could not deal with that shit.

So some of my friends have two phones which I never questioned but though was stupid. I think I see why now. Business and personal. I know that doesn’t make your problem go away as it’s really just adding a layer you don’t want or need. But I do get the business vs personal thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:20 pm

MSU addict wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

Shit smell and snacks? Maybe you sniff the toilet brush for fun.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 am

DWags wrote:

So some of my friends have two phones which I never questioned but though was stupid. I think I see why now. Business and personal. I know that doesn’t make your problem go away as it’s really just adding a layer you don’t want or need. But I do get the business vs personal thing.

I use mine for both, it's work supplied. Wife wanted to know why my phone was password protected. I told to ask the IT Department.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 am

Mine is the same way. And you can never repeat anything you've used in the past. We have to reset them every 8-12 weeks depending on device (I have work iPad, iPhone, and laptop). Major pain in the ass
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:47 am

DWags wrote:

We're not required to have 2 phones, but most of us do. While I do not think the company is purposefully looking through my phone stuff, it's the fact that they can. So I like keeping my personal and work one separate. Although I'm always losing a phone.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:59 am

That seems to be the way we're heading. Fuck that. I am a minimalist. I don't want to have 2 phones. Segue - I don't know what modern workplaces/offices are like anymore. I hear and see stuff from friends and acquaintances but we all really only know our own reality and maybe that of our spouses. When I first started out in the workforce, and for maybe my first 8-10 years it was the awful 9-5 Office Space bullshit. Like we don't know why we're all here and forced to stare at our monitors and pretend we weren't surfing the internet until 5:01 PM and if you left before that you were a pariah that was looked upon poorly by management.

At some point 11.5 years ago I took a job that was 100% virtual. And it was like holy shit, you mean I can get my work done whenever the fuck I want and they basically are trusting me to be responsible and handle my shit? Game changer. So a world of flexibility opened up. This was before/during/right after child #1 so I wasn't traversing the globe exactly but all I needed was my phone on me to respond to emails or IMs and I could be on my way to Kansas City in an RV drinking beer, or at the gym, or up north. It doesn't seem that way now, but my phone was the key to my freedom.

I still feel that way to an extent. It is why I don't feel bad going to the gym at 11 or noon if I don't have calls. It's allowed me to have a great work/life balance and be highly engaged in my kids' school activities, as well as allowed me to do drop off/pick up for 6 years of Elementary school and daycare before that.

I guess that is over now. I guess I am just going to be less engaged, and if that affects my job performance so be it. I just feel that this was a really stupid move by corporate. Perhaps Floyd or someone can explain what the extra layer of security accomplishes. To me all it is going to accomplish is less employee engagement. I guess I will see about using OWA for when I need to check emails in a pinch.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:06 am

Dendrobates wrote:

Mine is the same way. And you can never repeat anything you've used in the past. We have to reset them every 8-12 weeks depending on device (I have work iPad, iPhone,  and laptop). Major pain in the ass

This is exactly the opposite of the NIST recommendations issued in 2019 that SawGreen mentioned. Make them complex by using password managers, use 2FA, DO NOT require them to be changed at set intervals.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:21 am

So, if we can solve the TP conundrum, I'm in with the naked pooping stuff if it is built into a shower and includes a bidet. Any ideas?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:49 am

SawGreen wrote:

I agree. I think the phone requirement is an over-reach unless you are provided the phone. Email or cell or landline seems ok to me. I just got subbed under a firm that uses effing Google as their corporate foundation. I don't find that to be a wise move. Cheap maybe, but kinda risky IMO.

Yeah, fuck that shit. Ain't nobody controlling access to a phone that I'm paying for. You want to control my phone? Issue me one and pay for it yourself fuckers.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Back in the office and while I was gone they switched TP to a really bad brand. Sure enough, right after the afternoon poo, my finger went right through. I rubbed it all over the door handle before I washed.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:31 pm

I didn’t do that but I was mad.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Rocinante wrote:Back in the office and while I was gone they switched TP to a really bad brand. Sure enough, right after the afternoon poo, my finger went right through. I rubbed it all over the door handle before I washed.

I have tried to come up with a Sniglet for that occurrence. I haven't settled on one Fecarupture?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:10 pm

MSU addict wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I was cranking some George Harrison the other night and there's one thing I just can't get over...what kind of man or woman would leave a guy like George Harrison for Eric Crapton? Fuck Eric Crapton for taking his best friends wife.

Did Layla and You Look Wonderful Tonight really do the trick?
That's the hill you want to defend?

Didn't Pattie Boyd leave George Harrison because of his many infidelities, including the fact that he was banging Ringo Starr's wife Maureen?

Hey, I'm not giving a pass to George for balling Ringo's wife but since when does two wrongs make a right? Also, what kind of a guy steals his best friends wife and then writes two hit songs about it that your friend is going to have to hear over and over again?

Also, isn't it weird that Eric Crapton appropriated blues music and he calls his guitar "blackie". There's something just wrong with that guy.

Last edited by steveschneider on Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 am

steveschneider wrote:
MSU addict wrote:
That's the hill you want to defend?

Didn't Pattie Boyd leave George Harrison because of his many infidelities, including the fact that he was banging Ringo Starr's wife Maureen?

Hey, I'm not giving a pass to George for balling Ringo's wife but since when does two wrongs make a right? Also, what kind of a guy steals his best friends wife and then writes two hit songs about it that your friend is going to have to hear over and over again?

Also, isn't it weird that Eric Crapton appropriated blues music and he calls his guitar "blackey". There's something just wrong with that guy.
Your obsession with hating Clapton is just weird.  All musicians have musical influences, including Harrison.  Yes, Clapton named his black guitar blackie.  Harrison called his favorite guitar (a gift from Clapton) Lucy.  

Harrison and Clapton remained friends until Harrison's death.  I don't try to understand the relationship - I just accept that rock stars seem to live in a different world than I do.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:27 am

MSU addict wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Also, isn't it weird that Eric Crapton appropriated blues music and he calls his guitar "blackey". There's something just wrong with that guy.
Your obsession with hating Clapton is just weird.  All musicians have musical influences, including Harrison.  Yes, Clapton named his black guitar blackie.  Harrison called his favorite guitar (a gift from Clapton) Lucy.  

Harrison and Clapton remained friends until Harrison's death.  I don't try to understand the relationship - I just accept that rock stars seem to live in a different world than I do.

I don't think of my self as a hater or obsessed. I do have strong feelings about some of his behaviors that I find contemptible and I do find the choice of 'Blackie' as a guitar name pretty offensive. He popped into my mind because I was listening to some George Harrison and it struck me just how abnormal that whole thing was. To your point though it is probably just the thoughts of an outsider looking in to the strange world of 70's rock star lives.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:59 am

steveschneider wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

I don't think of my self as a hater or obsessed. I do have strong feelings about some of his behaviors that I find contemptible and I do find the choice of 'Blackie' as a guitar name pretty offensive. He popped into my mind because I was listening to some George Harrison and it struck me just how abnormal that whole thing was. To your point though it is probably just the thoughts of an outsider looking in to the strange world of 70's rock star lives.
I don't know if Clapton naming his guitar blackie had any deeper meaning than the fact it was black. He called his previous guitar, which was colored in a brown sunburst pattern, "brownie."

That said, "1970's" Eric Clapton was very racist. I don't think there is any doubt about that. He has backed off that now, but still remains pretty hard core right wing. Feel free to hate on him for that.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:12 am

MSU addict wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don't know if Clapton naming his guitar blackie had any deeper meaning than the fact it was black. He called his previous guitar, which was colored in a brown sunburst pattern, "brownie."

That said, "1970's" Eric Clapton was very racist. I don't think there is any doubt about that. He has backed off that now, but still remains pretty hard core right wing. Feel free to hate on him for that.

I don't really have much of an opinion or keep up with him beyond what I mentioned. I do really like George's music a lot and probably just reacting as a biased fan. Regarding Clapton I love all those Cream and Yardbirds recordings and for some reason never cared for Claptons work outside of those two groups including his collab with George on 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'. Go figure.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:53 pm

Thanks for the dialogue, and the reminder as to why I don't spend much time here.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next