Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+26
Izzo Court
kingstonlake
Rick Saunders
NigelUno
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
Motown Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
MSU addict
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
gomersbro
Trapper Gus
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
DWags
MiamiSpartan
PennSpartan
aualum06
Dendrobates
30 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by NumbersDude Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:16 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:Seeing these messages shows me and my family are living in a covid free bubble.

People I "know" who have had covid are friends of acquaintances. No one of my siblings, spousal siblings, cousins, nephews or nieces has had it.

I think I might be related to you. You are darth vader and I am princess leah.

NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:38 pm

I don't know all that many people that have tested positive, which is very different than people who have had it.

Follow the shit. When you see the numbers of people that are estimated to have it based on sewage analysis, that's where I think they probably come up with the 75% number.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:59 am

had a doctor's appointment yesterday (non COVID related.. just went so they could tell me how healthy I am and to get a prescription refill). She told me that having 4 doses of the vaccine kept my situation from likely getting worse (which I knew, obviously).

I'm pretty much back at 100% now. A slight lingering cough but otherwise okay. Getting geared up for graduation weekend next week. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, duffy munn, DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:32 am

NumbersDude wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Seeing these messages shows me and my family are living in a covid free bubble.

People I "know" who have had covid are friends of acquaintances. No one of my siblings, spousal siblings, cousins, nephews or nieces has had it.

26A I am your father...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:24 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

I think I might be related to you.  You are darth vader and I am princess leah.

26A I am your father...

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 Ggbl63rnl964
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:28 am

Darth Vadar is from my home town. He still goes up and visits his old high school friend who happens to live kitty corner from my moms back yard. If you’re lucky, on a summers night, we’ve heard that voice laughing in the back yard. Cool story bro.

BTW, he got 10k total for the first Star Wars. That was it. He was considered a special effect or an extra or something like that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus, Rick Saunders and NumbersDude like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:32 am

DWags wrote:Darth Vadar is from my home town. He still goes up and visits his old high school friend who happens to live kitty corner from my moms back yard.  If you’re lucky, on a summers night, we’ve heard that voice laughing in the back yard.  Cool story bro.  

BTW, he got 10k total for the first Star Wars.  That was it.  He was considered a special effect or an extra or something like that.  

If you are an adult that would be awesome. If you are a kid that laugh would be terrifying.
Hearing Darth Fucking Vader laughing at night.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:09 am

DWags wrote:Darth Vadar is from my home town. He still goes up and visits his old high school friend who happens to live kitty corner from my moms back yard. If you’re lucky, on a summers night, we’ve heard that voice laughing in the back yard. Cool story bro.

BTW, he got 10k total for the first Star Wars. That was it. He was considered a special effect or an extra or something like that.
There's a whole generation if people that would read that and say, "Hayden Christensen is from your hometown".

The $10k seems like a decent wage considering it was just voice over work (not that I have any idea what the going rate was for voice iver work in 1977). I don't think he was ever in the suit, but maybe I'm wrong. For what was thought to be just a run of the mill sci fi movie without a well known cast, that's probably pretty good.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:26 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:had a doctor's appointment yesterday (non COVID related.. just went so they could tell me how healthy I am and to get a prescription refill). She told me that having 4 doses of the vaccine kept my situation from likely getting worse (which I knew, obviously).

I'm pretty much back at 100% now. A slight lingering cough but otherwise okay. Getting geared up for graduation weekend next week. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 3493939353

Good news Bob.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:03 am

NumbersDude wrote:

Kissing her brother Leia or wearing a gold metal bikini Leia?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:17 am

tGreenWay wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

Kissing her brother Leia or wearing a gold metal bikini Leia?

Can there be a kissing her brother while wearing a gold metal bikini Leia option?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:33 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Darth Vadar is from my home town. He still goes up and visits his old high school friend who happens to live kitty corner from my moms back yard. If you’re lucky, on a summers night, we’ve heard that voice laughing in the back yard. Cool story bro.

There's a whole generation if people that would read that and say, "Hayden Christensen is from your hometown".

The $10k seems like a decent wage considering it was just voice over work (not that I have any idea what the going rate was for voice iver work in 1977). I don't think he was ever in the suit, but maybe I'm wrong. For what was thought to be just a run of the mill sci fi movie without a well known cast, that's probably pretty good.

So I guess his beef was with the franchise bumping everyone’s bonus points when it went big and he got nothing. Thing is, everyone was imitating his voice after the movie. When the next came out he said no in a contract dispute. Then Lucas could t match his voice so, he got paid. I don’t believe you’re right about never actually being in the movies.

He really helped out on the historic Ramsdale theater in Manistee. Did some fundraising etc. It’s pretty cool you should Google some pictures of it. It’s the first acting he ever did. It’s pretty much completely restored to its original state because of him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:51 am

Isn't there a statue of Darth Vader in front of the Breslin Center? Is that to honor Morgan Freeman for his accomplishments and being from Manistee?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:48 pm

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

So I guess his beef was with the franchise bumping everyone’s bonus points when it went big and he got nothing. Thing is, everyone was imitating his voice after the movie. When the next came out he said no in a contract dispute. Then Lucas could t match his voice so, he got paid. I don’t believe you’re right about never actually being in the movies.

He really helped out on the historic Ramsdale theater in Manistee. Did some fundraising etc. It’s pretty cool you should Google some pictures of it. It’s the first acting he ever did. It’s pretty much completely restored to its original state because of him.

That does sound cool. It's awesome he is from there and still gives back. He's one of my favorite actors of all time. When I was at State (early 90s) he did a book signing at a book store on Grand River. I didn't buy his book and get it signed (it cost like 2 cases of beer!), but it was cool seeing him and listening to him talk.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:11 pm

DWags wrote:Darth Vadar is from my home town. He still goes up and visits his old high school friend who happens to live kitty corner from my moms back yard.  If you’re lucky, on a summers night, we’ve heard that voice laughing in the back yard.  Cool story bro.  

BTW, he got 10k total for the first Star Wars.  That was it.  He was considered a special effect or an extra or something like that.  

This old guy, from England, that is dead, is from your home town?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Prowse

Or are you talking about the voice of Darth Vader Mr James Earl Jones?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 01, 2022 12:02 am

pulling69 wrote:

JEJ is Darth Vader. He made Vader. Any tall person could've walked around in costume, but only one person could have made Vader sound like he does, and that’s DWags’ hometown theater hero.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun May 01, 2022 12:06 am

tGreenWay wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

JEJ is Darth Vader. He made Vader. Any tall person could've walked around in costume, but only one person could have made Vader sound like he does, and that’s DWags’ hometown theater hero.

Yep. There are slower peeps than us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 01, 2022 12:08 am

Jones might be the only wolverine I like.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun May 01, 2022 12:11 am

tGreenWay wrote:Jones might be the only wolverine I like.

He walked from Brethren Michigan into the manistee Woolworths to accept the scholarship at the pay phone. Its like 12 miles.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 01, 2022 12:56 am

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Jones might be the only wolverine I like.

He walked from Brethren Michigan into the manistee Woolworths to accept the scholarship at the pay phone. Its like 12 miles.

I had no idea pay phones offered scholarships. 📞
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun May 01, 2022 7:35 am

Somehow it is appropriate that Darth Vader went to Michigan.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

tGreenWay, pulling69 and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 01, 2022 7:48 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:Somehow it is appropriate that Darth Vader went to Michigan.

Yeah, there’s that, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed May 04, 2022 5:33 pm

Project manager I've been helping with technical stuff was out today...covid.  Talked with my boss.  Couple other people are out with it this week..I thought they were on vacation. All three work within 12-15 feet of me.  Obvious the headcheese is no longer sending company-wide emails regarding covid.  I'm fully expecting to get it again...likely already have it. Have government issued self-test kits. Not going to use one unless symptomatic.  

New cases per day in Oakland County were way down early April...lowest was in the 20's. Numbers are rising again.  Recent days have approached 600. Expect it to go higher.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu May 05, 2022 9:50 am

The Pantry wrote:Project manager I've been helping with technical stuff was out today...covid.  Talked with my boss.  Couple other people are out with it this week..I thought they were on vacation. All three work within 12-15 feet of me.  Obvious the headcheese is no longer sending company-wide emails regarding covid.  I'm fully expecting to get it again...likely already have it. Have government issued self-test kits. Not going to use one unless symptomatic.  

New cases per day in Oakland County were way down early April...lowest was in the 20's. Numbers are rising again.  Recent days have approached 600. Expect it to go higher.

Guy I work with went to a large meeting and may have been exposed to covid so he's taking his ten day quarantine seriously, convenient since we start two days in office this week. He said HR hasn't questioned it. Sounds like an easy way to continue working from home. I wonder how many ten days in a row it would take them to start questioning it?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 05, 2022 12:32 pm

FYI, I'm back baby.. it knocked me out for a few days. Fatigue, etc - then I had a horrendous cough that wouldn't go away.. had it for about two weeks. Finally turned the corner over the last 5-6 days.

Went out running this morning.. good bike ride yesterday - my lungs have responded nicely. Thankfully.

but, yeah, I suspect numbers are on the rise.. we as a society have given up. We're not going back. It's a survival of the fittest at this point. My unsolicited advice is to get vaccinated, boosted, wear a mask indoors if there are a lot of people around, etc - I was vax'd twice, had both boosters and it laid a whoopin' on me, at least for a few days. I don't think it would've gone well at all had I not all the four shots.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, Turtleneck, gomersbro and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu May 05, 2022 1:19 pm

Advice for dealing with coronavirus sent out by where I work: Be respectful of other's boundaries. Some people will be comfortable with handshakes and crowded meeting rooms and others won't. Give everyone the space they need.

Yeah, how about not forcing us to go sit in our cubes when we can get the same amount of work done at home and not have to worry about crowded meeting rooms and handshakes.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Travis of the Cosmos, tGreenWay and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu May 05, 2022 4:49 pm

Glad to hear you're feeling well, Bob. Can't wait to have you back at choir practice.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu May 05, 2022 5:02 pm

Bob’s updated stats after not running for 2 weeks

5’7
378 pounds
BP- 197/34
RHR- his heart can beat out the bass portion of any Neil Peart drum solo
Afternoon snack- rotisserie chicken skin wrapped around bacon which is wrapped around a ham. He calls it a skin ham. It isn’t very clever
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu May 05, 2022 8:20 pm

tMrs. just tested positive. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 1550444538 Fully vaxxed & boosted. Recently started 3 days/week going into the office. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 1896033241 Also could've been from the mani/pedi she got on Saturday. She's been miserable since Tuesday.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu May 05, 2022 8:33 pm

Heat Miser wrote:tMrs. just tested positive. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 1550444538 Fully vaxxed & boosted. Recently started 3 days/week going into the office. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 1896033241 Also could've been from the mani/pedi she got on Saturday. She's been miserable since Tuesday.
First time for her? Have you had it yet?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu May 05, 2022 10:06 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:tMrs. just tested positive. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 1550444538 Fully vaxxed & boosted. Recently started 3 days/week going into the office. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 1896033241 Also could've been from the mani/pedi she got on Saturday. She's been miserable since Tuesday.
First time for her?  Have you had it yet?

She was a Covid virgin, as far as she knew. I still am, as far as I know, but I've not been boosted. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 1550444538 Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 1550444538
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu May 05, 2022 11:36 pm

Hope she gets past this quick, Heat. Without the boost, you’d best mask up around her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri May 06, 2022 5:05 am

Wow, sorry to hear this. Best to her. Heat, get your boosters.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri May 06, 2022 9:01 am

Heat, you have an attic fan? It has run through our house a few times. I would crack wondow, turn the fan on low and circulate the air. Seemed to keep others I'm the house from getting it, but who knows. Or crank up your AC to recirc the air.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri May 06, 2022 9:03 am

Both wife and I got all four shots. Flew to and from Burlington Vt with N94 (Korean designation).  VT has a 90% vaccination rate of at least 2 shots yet that state  getting s getting a double whammy of COVID and flu that’s raging because relaxed masking and folks didn’t get flu shots in Fall ‘21.  The other reason is an uptick in early tourism attributed to pent up demand.

My oldest works at University of Vermont Medical. They have multiple people missing work.  Two co-workers had to take their 6-8 month olds into the hospital for 2-3 day stays due to COVID related respiratory issues.  Multiple co-workers are 10 day quarantine.

Today I saw the Kalamazoo Central HS prom that was a No Mask event is now being categorized as a super spreader event.  

Flying back (after new variant started) about 80% of the  BVT to ORD were wearing masks.  ORD to GRR about 10%.  

If you fly for business or vacation might want to consider a mask.  We ain’t out of the woods yet.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri May 06, 2022 9:31 am

What are the % of hospitalized (or Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 3836498553) fully/partially vaccinated?

Depending on that answer, I maybe mentally downshifting to Covid = Flu.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri May 06, 2022 12:49 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:What are the % of hospitalized (or Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 6 3836498553) fully/partially vaccinated?

Depending on that answer, I maybe mentally downshifting to Covid = Flu.

COVID = Flu is akin to don’t pay attention to blood type.

Your bouts with flu don’t put your under age 3 children into the hospital. Treat COVID like the flu and you can infect your children, young children at family events, children of co-workers who can transmit to their children.

Maybe you will just feel flu symptoms but the unvaccinated are still susceptible to more serious issues.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri May 06, 2022 3:52 pm

The Pantry wrote:Project manager I've been helping with technical stuff was out today...covid.  Talked with my boss.  Couple other people are out with it this week..I thought they were on vacation. All three work within 12-15 feet of me.
Surprised, no symptoms yet. Maybe having it back in January provided some immunity.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri May 06, 2022 5:11 pm

Was Covid a DARPA, NIH funded lab leak? Wonky and long, but interesting read. tl;dr: There was American taxpayer funded research that produced viruses that had characteristics strikingly similar to some of the more novel Covid 19 characteristics. That research was a precursor to work that the Wuhan lab worked on. But ultimately, the story lands on “well there’s a lot of smoke, but we still don’t know.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/03/the-virus-hunting-nonprofit-at-the-center-of-the-lab-leak-controversy
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude Sat May 07, 2022 8:53 am

Rocinante wrote:Was Covid a DARPA, NIH funded lab leak? Wonky and long, but interesting read. tl;dr: There was American taxpayer funded research that produced viruses that had characteristics strikingly similar to some of the more novel Covid 19 characteristics. That research was a precursor to work that the Wuhan lab worked on. But ultimately, the story lands on “well there’s a lot of smoke, but we still don’t know.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/03/the-virus-hunting-nonprofit-at-the-center-of-the-lab-leak-controversy

Interesting read. The lack of transparency is what spawns conspiracy theories. The US government should cut all funding to Chinese based and controlled research.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6