Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+26
Izzo Court
kingstonlake
Rick Saunders
NigelUno
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
Motown Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
MSU addict
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
gomersbro
Trapper Gus
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
DWags
MiamiSpartan
PennSpartan
aualum06
Dendrobates
30 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-26, 08:08

The Pantry wrote:Just checked email. Monday's test result came back positive. Sore throat, shits, and feeling foggy.

Must have got it at work last week.

Know a few people who've had Omicron. It was very mild. Like a cold that couldn't quite figure out what it wanted to do. Scratchy (not sore) throat. Hopefully that's the case with you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-01-26, 08:20

Dendrobates wrote:Shit Pantry, you've had it bad lately. I really hope you feel better soon.
Do you have a pulse ox at home?
Nurse gave me something called a Jumper day I left the hospital, Is that for pulse-ox?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-26, 10:23

But in general, what’s standing in the way of normal life is Covid, not Covid prevention. In most cases where schools are closing, it’s because too many people are out sick to staff them. The same is true of stores that are cutting back their hours and airlines canceling flights. To have more normalcy, we need less illness. That means doing all the things public health people drone on about, especially getting more people vaccinated and boosted, which still — even with the high number of Omicron breakthrough cases — reduces the risk of infection as well as hospitalization.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-26, 10:32

Counterpoint- everything is normal. Not new normal. Just normal normal. What can’t someone do right now that they want to do? You want to go to a 75,000 person stadium and then fuck 10 strangers after? Go for it. No one stopping you. You want to go grocery shopping without a mask on? Again, go for it. No one says you can’t.

I’m more tired about people complaining about their made up victimhood. There hasn’t been anything resembling a real “lock down” in two years now. Everything has been normal for quite some time. The pretend there isn’t a virus people won, and they did a long time ago.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-26, 10:34

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Shit Pantry, you've had it bad lately. I really hope you feel better soon.
Nurse gave me something called a Jumper day I left the hospital, Is that for pulse-ox?

I think jumpers are what little girls wear. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 3 2599972566 Does the jumper bring out your feminine side?

Get healthy quick, Pantry. Keep us posted on your progress.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-26, 10:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Counterpoint- everything is normal. Not new normal. Just normal normal. What can’t someone do right now that they want to do? You want to go to a 75,000 person stadium and then fuck 10 strangers after? Go for it. No one stopping you. You want to go grocery shopping without a mask on? Again, go for it. No one says you can’t.

I’m more tired about people complaining about their made up victimhood. There hasn’t been anything resembling a real “lock down” in two years now. Everything has been normal for quite some time. The pretend there isn’t a virus people won, and they did a long time ago.

Yes, the new normal, waves of new mutations of covid, un-vaxed people filling up the ER's and hospital beds, businesses and schools shutting down due to staffing issues (while un-vaxers tell us kids are not a risk from covid). It is the new normal and as people have said - it sucks.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-26, 10:37

Oh yes, Pantry, get better soon ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-26, 10:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Counterpoint- everything is normal. Not new normal. Just normal normal. What can’t someone do right now that they want to do? You want to go to a 75,000 person stadium and then fuck 10 strangers after? Go for it. No one stopping you. You want to go grocery shopping without a mask on? Again, go for it. No one says you can’t.

Not sure having to show a vax card at Breslin is normal (or not having in person classes).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-26, 10:50

Whatever man they can still go. There’s absolutely nothing stopping anyone from doing anything they want to do and having to show a piece of paper at isolated events pales in comparison to the woe is me bullshit whining about “lockdowns” and how they’re so severely aggrieved.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-01-26, 10:52

Pantry I hope this setback really amounts to meaning you just have more time to post for a few days.

Travis I'd like to think that we are at or can be normal but it just can't be so for me. I am severely hearing impaired and being a careful (masked) person in a masked environment (where I work and I'm on board) continues to make things not normal (my version).
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

The Pantry and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-26, 10:55

Rick Saunders wrote:Pantry I hope this setback really amounts to meaning you just have more time to post for a few days.

Travis I'd like to think that we are at or can be normal but it just can't be so for me. I am severely hearing impaired and being a careful (masked) person in a masked environment (where I work and I'm on board) continues to make things not normal (my version).

But, you’re probably not someone bitching about wanting things to go back to normal- if someone wants things to be normal, then they certainly can be for that person. The bitching being asinine is more the point
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-26, 11:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Whatever man they can still go. There’s absolutely nothing stopping anyone from doing anything they want to do and having to show a piece of paper at isolated events pales in comparison to the woe is me bullshit whining about “lockdowns” and how they’re so severely aggrieved.

Who can still go (to Breslin)? People who show vax cards. Not everyone. And some people who are vaxed are still a little concerned about being in crowds.
That's not normal. And neither are zoom classes.

Your frustration with anti-vaxxers ignores the reality that life isn't normal for a lot of people.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-26, 11:19

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Whatever man they can still go. There’s absolutely nothing stopping anyone from doing anything they want to do and having to show a piece of paper at isolated events pales in comparison to the woe is me bullshit whining about “lockdowns” and how they’re so severely aggrieved.

Who can still go (to Breslin)? People who show vax cards. Not everyone. And some people who are vaxed are still a little concerned about being in crowds.

Your frustration with anti-vaxxers ignores the reality that life isn't normal for a lot of people.

You forgot about someone who shows a negative test. So, anyone. Anyone can go if they want.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-26, 11:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You forgot about someone who shows a negative test. So, anyone. Anyone can go if they want.

Right. Because that's "normal" also. Getting a test to get into a game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-26, 11:23

But they can go. They can do whatever they want to do. That’s the point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-26, 11:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But they can go. They can do whatever they want to do. That’s the point.

"They" can go.

Like I said...

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-01-26, 11:57

The Pantry wrote:

I have no idea what a jumper day is.
The pulse ox is one of the tools used to take your vitals. The little clamp on your finger briefly. You can get them online maybe around 40-50.
I've had one for a long time because of my asthma
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-26, 12:03

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But they can go. They can do whatever they want to do. That’s the point.

"They" can go.

Like I said...

Like you said was incorrect. Many of the people bitching are in fact vaccinated. “They” is people bitching.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-26, 12:24

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Nurse gave me something called a Jumper day I left the hospital, Is that for pulse-ox?

The pulse ox is one of the tools used to take your vitals. The little clamp on your finger briefly. You can get them online maybe around 40-50.

Are they the things that measure your oxygen? We have one of those. Was told by all the medical people in my family to have one in the house. As I'm 25 LB's over weight, I'm old, and they worried that if I got covid it's not a good thing and that it's real important to know my oxygen count.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-01-26, 12:27

I bought one on Amazon when I had it (not expensive... like around $20 as I recall).

It was nice to be able to check when I started panting from walking upstairs from my basement.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-01-26, 12:47

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I bought one on Amazon when I had it (not expensive... like around $20 as I recall).

It was nice to be able to check when I started panting from walking upstairs from my basement.

I bought one from Amazon in April-May of 2020 and it was definitely in upper $40s but it might have been a case of supply and demand back then. Most of the time it sits unused on my desk at work, but a couple of weeks ago I was exposed so it did use it for about 10 days to monitor things.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-01-26, 13:12

The Pantry wrote:
Nurse gave me something called a Jumper day I left the hospital,  Is that for pulse-ox?
"Jumper" in that context probably refers to something made by Jumper Medical equipment.  They do make a fingertip pulse oximeter - what everyone is referring to.

Jumper Homecare Products
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-01-26, 13:14

DWags wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Are they the things that measure your oxygen? We have one of those. Was told by all the medical people in my family to have one in the house. As I'm 25 LB's over weight, I'm old, and they worried that if I got covid it's not a good thing and that it's real important to know my oxygen count.

Yup, that's it. A simple tool that is really helpful. I'm sure there are different kinds determining prices. I don't remember what we paid. Just look for an avg price on one.
But especially after Pantry's medical issues, it may be good to have one around. Along with an automatic blood pressure cuff if you don't have someone to take it for you.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-01-26, 13:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:I bought one on Amazon when I had it (not expensive... like around $20 as I recall).

I bought one from Amazon in April-May of 2020 and it was definitely in upper $40s but it might have been a case of supply and demand back then. Most of the time it sits unused on my desk at work, but a couple of weeks ago I was exposed so it did use it for about 10 days to monitor things.
Definitely a supply and demand thing. The going rate for one on amazon with good reviews is about $15, but was much higher in early 2020. We have had a number of them lying around the house for years as my daughter has allergy induced asthma. It was pretty bad when she was a toddler - she was hospitalized with it a couple of times - but now that she is older it hasn't had an issue in a couple of years.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-26, 13:45

NigelUno wrote:

"They" can go.

Like I said...

Like you said was incorrect. Many of the people bitching are in fact vaccinated. “They” is people bitching.

So, you're going stick with life is normal? Just like pre-pandemic?

OK.

I mean...it's obviously not.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-01-26, 13:50

NigelUno wrote:

OK.

In the slightest of all possible ways that are in no way commiserate with the level of complaining and imaginary enforcements that people like to pretend they are under.

All of which I’ve already posted, so since you’re in a peckish go around in circles kind of mood I probably won’t bother any further.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-01-26, 14:10

NigelUno wrote:

OK.

In the slightest of all possible ways that are in no way commiserate with the level of complaining and imaginary enforcements that people like to pretend they are under.

All of which I’ve already posted, so since you’re in a peckish go around in circles kind of mood I probably won’t bother any further.

You're projecting.

Life isn't normal just because you're tired of people complaining.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-01-26, 14:45

MSU addict wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Nurse gave me something called a Jumper day I left the hospital,  Is that for pulse-ox?
"Jumper" in that context probably refers to something made by Jumper Medical equipment.  They do make a fingertip pulse oximeter - what everyone is referring to.

Jumper Homecare Products

The one I have is:

Are you passing out and hitting your head on the toilet?

Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-26, 14:51

Rick Saunders wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Jumper Homecare Products

The one I have is:

Are you passing out and hitting your head on the toilet?

Mine comes with seeing stars before hitting my head. ✨✨
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-01-26, 20:50

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Nurse gave me something called a Jumper day I left the hospital, Is that for pulse-ox?

Jumper was the brand name of the finger clamp gizmo they gave me for free the day I left the hospital.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 3 Image10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-01-26, 22:32

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Jumper was the brand name of the finger clamp gizmo they gave me for free the day I left the hospital.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 3 Image10

Ah, that makes sense. I have not been familiar with good or bad brands. I'm sure there are some. There's always a standard deviation with these things.
I'm glad you've got one. Use it multiple times a day right now. After this has past, you may not use it. But it's a simple thing to have that is very helpful.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-01-27, 11:04

Looks like they’re naming the new variant “stealth omicron”. Sounds pretty scary. You can’t even see this one coming!!

Is there a naming list like they have for hurricanes?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-01-27, 11:51

kingstonlake wrote:Looks like they’re naming the new variant “stealth omicron”. Sounds pretty scary. You can’t even see this one coming!!

Is there a naming list like they have for hurricanes?

It's based on the Greek alphabet is my understanding of it. There have been quite a few varients discovered, but the only ones that have proliferated have been Delta and Omicron. So, basically, Delta and Omicron are two different variants of the original virus, and now "Stealth Omicron" is a new variant of the Omicron variant.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2022-01-27, 13:56

Omicron went through the family two weeks ago. tWife (triple vaxxed) went out to lunch on a Saturday with a friend (also triple vaxxed) and brought home more than leftovers. tWife's symptoms were very very mild, just a scratchy throat, but so mild she didn't think she was sick. My scratchy throat started on Thursday night, but I didn't think anything of it until lunch on Friday when I was talking to tWife and told her about it. We each took a rapid test and they were negative. Saturday morning and the body aches, sinus pressure, and fatigue hit. Everything other than the fatigue was gone in 12 hours. I took another rapid test on Sunday and it lit up like a Christmas tree. Took the kids to get tested and they were positive. The kids didn't have any symptoms. Overall most colds I have had were worse. Sucks having a week off from work and you're stuck and home in the middle of January.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-27, 13:59

Izzo Court wrote:Omicron went through the family two weeks ago. tWife (triple vaxxed) went out to lunch on a Saturday with a friend (also triple vaxxed) and brought home more than leftovers. tWife's symptoms were very very mild, just a scratchy throat, but so mild she didn't think she was sick. My scratchy throat started on Thursday night, but I didn't think anything of it until lunch on Friday when I was talking to tWife and told her about it. We each took a rapid test and they were negative. Saturday morning and the body aches, sinus pressure, and fatigue hit. Everything other than the fatigue was gone in 12 hours. I took another rapid test on Sunday and it lit up like a Christmas tree. Took the kids to get tested and they were positive. The kids didn't have any symptoms. Overall most colds I have had were worse. Sucks having a week off from work and you're stuck and home in the middle of January.

Glad they were mild.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-01-27, 15:11

Izzo Court wrote:Omicron went through the family two weeks ago.  tWife (triple vaxxed) went out to lunch on a Saturday with a friend (also triple vaxxed) and brought home more than leftovers.  tWife's symptoms were very very mild, just a scratchy throat, but so mild she didn't think she was sick.  My scratchy throat started on Thursday night, but I didn't think anything of it until lunch on Friday when I was talking to tWife and told her about it.  We each took a rapid test and they were negative.  Saturday morning and the body aches, sinus pressure, and fatigue hit.  Everything other than the fatigue was gone in 12 hours.  I took another rapid test on Sunday and it lit up like a Christmas tree.  Took the kids to get tested and they were positive.  The kids didn't have any symptoms.  Overall most colds I have had were worse.  Sucks having a week off from work and you're stuck and home in the middle of January.  
Symptoms started early Monday morning with a sore throat, mild headache, and the runs.  The runs have been an ongoing issue since leaving the hospital (stents) last month.  They'd settled down after doc took me off one of the medications but have come back with a vengeance.  Rarely sleep more than 1½ hours without getting up to go.  Not sure where the product is coming from because I'm not hungry and have barely eaten.  Lost 25# during and after the hospital stay.  Feeling like I'll be down another 10-12 after this.  Probably not the best way to lose weight.

Been in bed most of the past 2 days.  Number of bouts of chills but no fever.  Woke up once this morning with night sweats...t-shirt was soaked.  Fortunately I've been sleeping on a towel to help mitigate any potential quick-hitting bowel issues.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-01-27, 15:25

The Pantry wrote:
Izzo Court wrote:Omicron went through the family two weeks ago.  tWife (triple vaxxed) went out to lunch on a Saturday with a friend (also triple vaxxed) and brought home more than leftovers.  tWife's symptoms were very very mild, just a scratchy throat, but so mild she didn't think she was sick.  My scratchy throat started on Thursday night, but I didn't think anything of it until lunch on Friday when I was talking to tWife and told her about it.  We each took a rapid test and they were negative.  Saturday morning and the body aches, sinus pressure, and fatigue hit.  Everything other than the fatigue was gone in 12 hours.  I took another rapid test on Sunday and it lit up like a Christmas tree.  Took the kids to get tested and they were positive.  The kids didn't have any symptoms.  Overall most colds I have had were worse.  Sucks having a week off from work and you're stuck and home in the middle of January.  
Symptoms started early Monday morning with a sore throat, mild headache, and the runs.  The runs have been an ongoing issue since leaving the hospital (stents) last month.  They'd settled down after doc took me off one of the medications but have come back with a vengeance.  Rarely sleep more than 1½ hours without getting up to go.  Not sure where the product is coming from because I'm not hungry and have barely eaten.  Lost 25# during and after the hospital stay.  Feeling like I'll be down another 10-12 after this.  Probably not the best way to lose weight.

Been in bed most of the past 2 days.  Number of bouts of chills but no fever.  Woke up once this morning with night sweats...t-shirt was soaked.  Fortunately I've been sleeping on a towel to help mitigate any potential quick-hitting bowel issues.

Christ almighty that sounds horrific. Would you like us all to come over and just take turns kicking you?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay, Dendrobates and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-27, 15:56

CDC has been saying that if your vaxed and boosted it is most likely like a mide case of the flu, and death rates for vaxed and boosted, even the oldsters is less than the flu.

The deaths and hospitalizations are like 95% unvaxed peoples

edit - didn't mean to step on Pantry's serious condition. Guessing he might be taking immunity suppressers due to implanted stents. Hang in there, dude.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-01-27, 16:20

The Pantry wrote:

Seriously sorry to hear that Pantry.
=
=
=
I'm not a medical doctor but you might want to try this thing called the "Land, Air & Sea." Put enough cheese on it and it could put a stopper in that problem. If it doesn't... well at least you will have solved the mystery of production.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-01-30, 14:32

Spent most of the last week taking multiple naps a day. Taken two so far today and feel a third coming on.

Going back to work tomorrow is gonna be a bitch.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next