Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 13 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 24 May 2018 - 4:55

StylesGShmooth wrote:Evil Genius was pretty good, those investigators were inept.  Had to be gifted the solution to the case.

Just finished Wild Wild West.  That was crazy. Another doc, about the Rajpaneesh cult in the 80s.  Gotta say I thought those crazy fuckers were pretty harmless until they kept fucking with them. Then they went kinda crazy.  

Almost finished watching The Rain.  Norwegian series.  One of those shows where you find you might hate all of the main characters.  

Thanks for the Rain tip.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 13 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 24 May 2018 - 6:02

StylesGShmooth wrote:Evil Genius was pretty good, those investigators were inept. Had to be gifted the solution to the case.

Just finished Wild Wild West. That was crazy. Another doc, about the Rajpaneesh cult in the 80s. Gotta say I thought those crazy fuckers were pretty harmless until they kept fucking with them. Then they went kinda crazy.

Almost finished watching The Rain. Norwegian series. One of those shows where you find you might hate all of the main characters.

Just finished up Wild Wild Country last night too. They never really explained where all that money came from. I guess from his well off followers. They really did have something special out in the middle of nowhere. Too bad the leaders had some Nazi like tendencies.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:23

I'm about three minutes into Extinction and I think I'm going to regret this.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:40

This may not be too popular, but I read Lonesome Dove and thought it was awesome. Then watched the mini-series, and thought it was fantastic.

This guy has several videos. The production value is crap, but historically, I think it's really good. A really great true story turned into a really good fiction story.

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 22:29

Last chance u was outstanding yet again
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 22:32

aualum06 wrote:Last chance u was outstanding yet again
yep
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 22:37

DWags wrote:
yep

You watch the Isaiah wright episode yet?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 11:48

I watched Young Guns last night on Hulu. It holds up surprisingly well. Other than the rock music soundtrack in a western movie B.S. Started watching part 2, but fell asleep. Also pretty good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 13:53

3/4 through episode 1 right now. I like this head guy a whole helluva lot more than I liked Buddy Stephens. Shit, I could work for this guy.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 14:23

Clarett's Folly wrote:

3/4 through episode 1 right now. I like this head guy a whole helluva lot more than I liked Buddy Stephens. Shit, I could work for this guy.

When you finish that watch QB1 next.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 16:17

Clarett's Folly wrote:

I like him more than Buddy, but he has his own issues as well. Unlike Buddy, it seemed like he actually cares about the players, but some of the shit he says to them. Can't ride with all of it.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 16:19

I haven't watched QB1, but I have watched all of Friday Night Tykes. Holy shit! Needless to say there's stuff in there, you'll find to be not a good look.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 18:16

StylesGShmooth wrote:I haven't watched QB1, but I have watched all of Friday Night Tykes. Holy shit! Needless to say there's stuff in there, you'll find to be not a good look.

Friday night tykes is all that is wrong with the world but a great show
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue 14 Aug 2018 - 19:29

Just watched the first episode of I am a killer, pretty interesting look at a guy that is on death row because that's where he wanted to be
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 14 Aug 2018 - 20:02

CastleRock on Hulu

The new season of Bosch on Amazon
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 14 Aug 2018 - 20:46

Castle Rock looked interesting. Any details?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 12:07

Rocinante wrote:Castle Rock looked interesting. Any details?

**UPDATE**

I watched a couple episodes last night.  It's pretty good.  If it follows other King-based tales, it will probably be some alien / demon / mutant thing living in a cave under the town making everyone nuts.  Sissy Spacek is in it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 13:13

Rocinante wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Castle Rock looked interesting. Any details?

**UPDATE**

I watched a couple episodes last night.  It's pretty good.  If it follows other King-based tales, it will probably be some alien / demon / mutant thing living in a cave under the town making everyone nuts.  Sissy Spacek is in it.

Just watched the first 30 minutes at lunch. I'm a big SK fan so I'm gonna watch it all unless it's complete trash.

Interesting that they start out with Shawshank prison, which is one of the few SK stories that was based in reality, but also includes Alan Pangborn, who was the sheriff of Castle Rock in a few of the nuttier, supernatural stories.

There will probably be some sort of Cthulu type monster at the center of it all.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 13:46

I didn't take all the time to see the references to other King stories, but there was at least one to IT, Shawshank (beyond the story taking place partially in the prison) and Carrie (Spacek). I'm sure they are going to be throughout the show.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 2 Sep 2018 - 22:42

Jack Ryan series on prime is pretty good... Half way through
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 2 Sep 2018 - 22:45

Let me know when Michael Scarn shows up
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 2 Sep 2018 - 23:35

Ep 2
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 21:43

Bodyguard. It's a British political/crime thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 10:13

looks like I'm gonna have to figure out how folks use Netflix..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 10:38

Just started watching the Fargo tv series. A lot of big name actors for a TV series. Pretty good so far.

For those that have watched it, I'm assuming this is a continuation from the movie? I just watched the episode where the supermarket owner found the money buried in the snow. I'm guessing this is the money that Steve Bushemi's character buried near the end of the movie?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 10:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just started watching the Fargo tv series. A lot of big name actors for a TV series. Pretty good so far.

For those that have watched it, I'm assuming this is a continuation from the movie? I just watched the episode where the supermarket owner found the money buried in the snow. I'm guessing this is the money that Steve Bushemi's character buried near the end of the movie?

Somewhere a writer is rejoicing.

"We made that simple enough that even Pylon got it!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 10:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just started watching the Fargo tv series. A lot of big name actors for a TV series. Pretty good so far.

I don't think it really has much to do with the movie, other than the location.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 10:55

InTenSity wrote:

I don't think it really has much to do with the movie, other than the location.

Aw, so we're not going to have Francis McDormand showing up, telling a story about a funny looking fella getting fed to a wood chipper?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 3 Dec 2018 - 20:47

Season 3 of Frontier hit Netflix last week or so. Very underrated drama with Jason Momoa about the 1700s fur trade and Hudson Bay Company.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 11:41

So I've been watching a lot of Fargo lately. Apparently I've picked up on the accents from the show. tWife is saying that I sound like a "Northern hick" after watching an episode.

Aw jeez!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 11:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So I've been watching a lot of Fargo lately. Apparently I've picked up on the accents from the show. tWife is saying that I sound like a "Northern hick" after watching an episode.

Aw jeez!

She's counting that as an improvement over what you sound like following one of your Hallmark marathons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 12:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So I've been watching a lot of Fargo lately. Apparently I've picked up on the accents from the show. tWife is saying that I sound like a "Northern hick" after watching an episode.

Aw jeez!

She's counting that as an improvement over what you sound like following one of your Hallmark marathons.

So he's not weepy all the time anymore?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 13:10

I.B. Fine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So he's not weepy all the time anymore?

Fer Pete's sake I.B. Why ya gotta be so mean? Heck!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 4 Dec 2018 - 13:34

Aw jeez!
The Fargos are good shows, Don'tChaNo...

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 7 Dec 2018 - 20:20

Now-canceled ‘Daredevil’ was one of Netflix’s most popular shows

Too bad, it was pretty good.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Tue 11 Dec 2018 - 14:56

I can only assume all the Marvel shows are being moved over to the new Disney streaming service that's coming soon.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 2 Jan 2019 - 21:03

Of course this is a thing.

[tw]1080525103593512962[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 9:45

The Bird Box Effect: How Memes Drive Users to Netflix
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 13:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:The Bird Box Effect: How Memes Drive Users to Netflix

I haven't seen it but it's pretty clear they're talking about social media, no? The computer screen dude (seen in a meme) and the fact that it's called "bird box" (Twitter) and some people appear immune (trolls). I mean it's kind of on the nose.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 13:17

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:The Bird Box Effect: How Memes Drive Users to Netflix

I haven't seen it but it's pretty clear they're talking about social media, no? The computer screen dude (seen in a meme) and the fact that it's called "bird box" (Twitter) and some people appear immune (trolls). I mean it's kind of on the nose.

I watched it. It wasn't that good. I have no idea why this movie is getting all of this attention.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next