Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015

+21
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
HT
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
beal99
SeeRockCity
SpartanInNH
Rodeo Burger
Herbie Green
Ass Dan
The_Dude
Heat Miser
Nordic
headeast
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
InTenSity
NigelUno
DWags
25 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-04, 16:19

The_Dude wrote:When is MSU going to be coveted on BTNs show right now?
I doubt they'll ever be coveted.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015

Post by NigelUno 2015-02-04, 17:14

Tneck?

Did we offer Pat Shurmur's kid? He signed with Vandy. QB.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-04, 17:36

NigelUno wrote:Tneck?

Did we offer Pat Shurmur's kid? He signed with Vandy. QB.

I do not believe he was offered by MSU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-02-04, 19:06

VIDEO:  Mark Dantonio on building the Michigan State Program

Jesus, they have to fuckin' ask him about Harbaugh. Rolling Eyes
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-04, 19:31

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 B9CFi8wIUAEH18D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-04, 19:34

Much more at the link:

What stands out most about this class, especially on the heels of the team's success?

Mark Dantonio: Just the quality of class as individuals. Everybody's got ability, but the way they went about their business, there was no drama involved. It was very much, 'This is what we're going to do,' and they stayed with their decisions. It's an outstanding class. I don't know how many top 300 players we have, probably 10 or so. We got an outstanding running back, a big-time defensive end. We've got enough defensive backs and somebody will play as a true freshman, no question about that. You've got active linebackers who can run and defensive linemen. As long as you continue to recruit quality defensive linemen, you're going to have a chance to be a good football team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/115326/recruiting-qa-msus-mark-dantonio-3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-04, 19:43

MSU placed four players in the "Rivals 250" rankings:
No. 57 RB Larry Scott
No. 153 DL Raequan Williams
No. 239 QB Brian Lewerke
No. 241 CB Josh Butler

The Spartans had three players in the "ESPN 300" rankings:
No. 93 RB Larry Scott
No. 194 OL Kyonta Stallworth
No. 270 QB Brian Lewerke

MSU had four players in the 247sports "247" rankings:
No. 78 RB Larry Scott
No. 201 OL Kyonta Stallworth
No. 217 WR Felton Davis III
No. 246 DL Raequan Williams

Michigan State has nine players in the "Scout 300" rankings:

No. 65 RB Larry Scott
No. 157 OL Kyonta Stallworth
No. 159 DL Raequan WIlliams
No. 165 CB Tyson Smith
No. 166 DE Cassius Peat
No. 186 LB Tyriq Thompson
No. 197 LB Andrew Dowell
No. 236 WR David Dowell
No. 298 OT Noah Listermann

TEAM RANKINGS

247Sports
Michigan State No. 22 overall, No. 3 in Big Ten-Ohio State (6), Penn State (14)

Rivals.Com
Michigan State No. 20 overall, No. 3 Big Ten-Ohio State (9), Penn State (15)

Scout.com
Michigan State No. 20 overall, No. 4 in Big Ten-Ohio State (4), Penn State (12), Nebraska (17)

ESPN.com
Michigan State No. 29 overall, No. 3 in Big Ten-Ohio State (6), Penn State (14)

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/02/michigan_state_football_recrui_33.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-04, 20:43

EAST LANSING -- Three of the new Spartans are from Texas. One is from Florida. Others are from Virginia, Arizona, Kentucky, Utah and Illinois.

MSU football is a national brand now, able to sign players from across the country. Of the 20 recruits in this class, only nine are from Michigan or Ohio. And this is significant. That's how you compete and beat the top teams in the country. That's how you stay competitive, by going into talent-rich states like Texas and Florida and pulling out recruits.

"We are selling results," MSU coach Mark Dantonio said this afternoon on National Signing Day. "That's the big difference."

Yes, things are going well for this coach who is churning out 11-win seasons, has led the Spartans to four straight bowl wins, back-to-back top-five finishes and has landed a top 25 recruiting class.

"I think it's a fantastic class, maybe one of the best here," Dantonio said.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/02/04/msu-football-recruiting-dantonio-spartans/22879163/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-04, 20:44

What analysts said about Michigan State's class:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/02/04/michigan-state-recruiting-analysis/22895153/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-05, 00:17

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 3412346

Stole this from somewhere.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-05, 07:12

LooseGoose wrote:tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 B9CFi8wIUAEH18D
cool.. I remember a time when we didn't want/sign 4 or 5 star recruits and diminished the schools that did..

we've come a long way.. Go Green!! tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-05, 08:06

I do not think it was a matter of not wanting them as much as realizing a class full of 4-5 stars does not determine future success. You take the best players that fit what you do, which means you find as much potential in 2-3 stars as you might in some 4-5 stars.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-05, 08:27

Turtleneck wrote:I do not think it was a matter of not wanting them as much as realizing a class full of 4-5 stars does not determine future success. You take the best players that fit what you do, which means you find as much potential in 2-3 stars as you might in some 4-5 stars.
exactly.. that was my point.

but now we're all wound up about 4 or 5 star recruits. At least I know I am.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-02-05, 10:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:exactly.. that was my point.

"We're"??? Recruiting matters, recruiting stars doesn't matter. I know you're just beating the dead horse that yuou always do because that's your personality, and you'll keep the schtick up till we've run this site into the ground, but to be realistic, many MSU fans are excited that our class has landed more football players this year that other very good programs want. It's like we knew Dantonio always found gems and worked with them, but we also were probably skeptical that he could continue to do it.

So, yeah lets have some of that "humor" that we always get from you in regards to MSU fans, it's somethign we all really look forward to with each one of your posts we fly by.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-05, 10:03

DWags wrote:

"We're"???    Recruiting matters, recruiting stars doesn't matter.  I know you're just beating the dead horse that yuou always do because that's your personality, and you'll keep the schtick up till we've run this site into the ground, but to be realistic, many MSU fans are excited that our class has landed more football players this year that other very good programs want.   It's like we knew Dantonio always found gems and worked with them, but we also were probably skeptical that he could continue to do it.  

So, yeah lets have some of that "humor" that we always get from you in regards to MSU fans, it's somethign we all really look forward to with each one of your posts we fly by.  
you seem upset considering we landed such an amazing class yesterday..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-05, 10:28

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 502811600

You certainly know how to get people worked up Bob. D wags seems to hate this place lately.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-05, 10:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

You certainly know how to get people worked up Bob. D wags seems to hate this place lately.

he seems like a pretty uptight dude from time to time.. not sure why people have to get all offended... oh well. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-05, 11:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
exactly.. that was my point.

Except that is not true. The two big pick-ups from yesterday that got everybody excited, Cassius Peat and Mufi Hunt, are both three stars. There are no five stars in the class. The excitement can be put in a simple equation (of sorts):

External Evaluation (class is well regarded) + Internal Evaluation (staff has proven it has an eye for talent and can develop talent) = excitement. 

The latter is most important. Dantonio has shown he recruits talent that best fits MSU. We know Dantonio is not trying to land stars for the sake of stars. External validation becomes meaningless over time if the players are not a fit and/or do not develop. However, we know MSU does a great job bringing in talent that is a fit and can be developed. Therefore, at this point, just about any class - so long as the players are not unheard of kids from Fargo, ND or the Premier American Football Club of Tokyo, Japan - will be well received.

It just happens that this class comes with a strong external evaluation. Most people have never seen these kids play, but they default to external evaluations. When those evaluations are relatively strong, it drives up the excitement level. At the same time, more stars usually means more potential. Maybe the program has unlocked a couple of doors previously closed. However, in combination with what I wrote above, Dantonio is still looking for players that are the right fit and will develop to fill a need.

All-in-all, people are excited because the class is well regarded. However, that excitement does not exist in isolation from the trust fans have in their coach. Also, and not accounted for in the equation, is recent success. What if the final score of the Cotton Bowl was 56-21 in favor of Baylor? The program is riding a high which naturally inflates the excitement of the 2015 class.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-05, 11:31

Turtleneck wrote:

Except that is not true. The two big pick-ups from yesterday that got everybody excited, Cassius Peat and Mufi Hunt, are both three stars. There are no five stars in the class. The excitement can be put in a simple equation (of sorts):

External Evaluation (class is well regarded) + Internal Evaluation (staff has proven it has an eye for talent and can develop talent) = excitement. 

The latter is most important. Dantonio has shown he recruits talent that best fits MSU. We know Dantonio is not trying to land stars for the sake of stars. External validation becomes meaningless over time if the players are not a fit and/or do not develop. However, we know MSU does a great job bringing in talent that is a fit and can be developed. Therefore, at this point, just about any class - so long as the players are not unheard of kids from Fargo, ND or the Premier American Football Club of Tokyo, Japan - will be well received.

It just happens that this class comes with a strong external evaluation. Most people have never seen these kids play, but they default to external evaluations. When those evaluations are relatively strong, it drives up the excitement level. At the same time, more stars usually means more potential. Maybe the program has unlocked a couple of doors previously closed. However, in combination with what I wrote above, Dantonio is still looking for players that are the right fit and will develop to fill a need.

All-in-all, people are excited because the class is well regarded. However, that excitement does not exist in isolation from the trust fans have in their coach. Also, and not accounted for in the equation, is recent success. What if the final score of the Cotton Bowl was 56-21 in favor of Baylor? The program is riding a high which naturally inflates the excitement of the 2015 class.
meh.. I just get a kick out of the predictable hypocrisy of our fans.. the same ones who, when our classes weren't all that highly ranked, said that rankings didn't matter. As our ranking suddenly starts creeping up, we stick our chest our and boast about how highly ranked our class is..

that's all - I guess some people take decisions made by 17/18 year old kids more seriously than I do.  tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-05, 11:41

The thing about hypocrisy is that it is exclusive to every human. I have yet to meet a person that has never engaged in hypocrisy.

I will reserve my excitement for when these young kids actually begin to play CFB. Some will get excited now. Whatever. I am not going to judge.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-05, 11:53

Turtleneck wrote:The thing about hypocrisy is that it is exclusive to every human. I have yet to meet a person that has never engaged in hypocrisy.

I will reserve my excitement for when these young kids actually begin to play CFB. Some will get excited now. Whatever. I am not going to judge.
you're a great American....+1 to you, good Sir.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-05, 12:00

Turtleneck wrote:The thing about hypocrisy is that it is exclusive to every human. I have yet to meet a person that has never engaged in hypocrisy.

by the way, I am going to see Sturgill Simpson tomorrow night. If you're not familiar with him, you should be..

now that's something to be excited about.. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-05, 12:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
meh.. I just get a kick out of the predictable hypocrisy of our fans.. the same ones who, when our classes weren't all that highly ranked, said that rankings didn't matter. As our ranking suddenly starts creeping up, we stick our chest our and boast about how highly ranked our class is..

that's all - I guess some people take decisions made by 17/18 year old kids more seriously than I do.  tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 2599972566
You also extrapolate a few isolated cases from our fanbase, but throw out blanket statements that accuse a whole fanbase of what those few think. 

I acted excited yesterday, mainly because I have nothing to add, I'm not going to go watch film, and it seemed like the fun thing to do.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-05, 12:10

InTenSity wrote:
You also extrapolate a few isolated cases from our fanbase, but throw out blanket statements that accuse a whole fanbase of what those few think. 

He's got you there Bobby. Don't group me in with those weirdos over at RCMB.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2015-02-05, 12:30

I'm certain you don't see the irony of your post.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 1966794946
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-05, 12:33

meh.. living in East Lansing for 20+ years, I've met more delusional/insecure MSU fans than I have obnoxious U of M fans.. it's quite entertaining to observe.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-05, 12:33

Toe wrote:

I'm certain you don't see the irony of your post.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 1966794946

The fanbase sample size is a lot larger than the message board's.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-05, 15:32

Immediate high Impact talk here:

www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/02/7_signees_most_likely_to_have.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-02-06, 09:30

Every college football team's updated 4-year recruiting rank, led by you-know-who

MSU's four-year average is now ranked 28th and trending upward.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-06, 09:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:Every college football team's updated 4-year recruiting rank, led by you-know-who

MSU's four-year average is now ranked 28th and trending upward.
tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 9 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-06, 09:57

When your team gets 4 starz = OMG Star so hard
When your team doesn't land 4 stars = we dont need crootin starz
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-06, 10:03

The_Dude wrote:When your team gets 4 starz = OMG Star so hard
watch out, dude....

the folks who take decisions made my 17/18 year old kids regarding where they're going to pursue college footb.. errr... higher education are about to let you have it for your casual approach to something so globally significant.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-06, 10:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
watch out, dude....

the folks who take decisions made my 17/18 year old kids regarding where they're going to pursue college footb.. errr... higher education are about to let you have it for your casual approach to something so globally significant.

You're confusing posting updates with obsession. Not the same thing. Obsession would be following kids on Twitter, paying $9.95 per month to hear about their favorite food, and thinking their Facebook post about how much they like Ecto-Cooler must mean they are choosing MSU. Posting links to  newspapers and other sources is not obsession.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-02-06, 10:12; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-02-06, 10:11

The_Dude wrote:When your team gets 4 starz = OMG Star so hard

Thanks. Your posts from yesterday were unclear on this matter. You've really got some new and original thoughts here. Keep 'em coming. Rolling Eyes
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-06, 10:21

Heat Miser wrote:

Thanks. Your posts from yesterday were unclear on this matter. You've really got some new and original thoughts here. Keep 'em coming. Rolling Eyes
Just think of tDud as someone who is so desperate for attention that he'll just say whatever it takes to get people riled up. I don't think he really believes anything he says, I think he just says it to try to get a reaction. He'll call out Spartans on MSU messageboards for being fanboys, while at the same time trolling um fans and being very fanboyish himself on other MB's. I'm sure there is some conservative MB out there where he defends Obama and talks about how much better liberals are than evil conservatives.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-06, 10:27

Turtleneck wrote:

You're confusing posting updates with obsession. Not the same thing. Obsession would be following kids on Twitter, paying $9.95 per month to hear about their favorite food, and thinking their Facebook post about how much they like Ecto-Cooler must mean they are choosing MSU. Posting links to  newspapers and other sources is not obsession.
if being obsessed is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-06, 10:29

Obsessed = Bob Barmack

That dude is off his rocker
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-06, 10:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
if being obsessed is wrong, I don't want to be right.

This is turning into a classic case of obsession with obsession.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-06, 11:13

Turtleneck wrote:

This is turning into a classic case of obsession with obsession.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-08, 12:30

From the BTN: One instant impact recruit from each school. No surprise as to who is listed from MSU's 2015 class.

MICHIGAN STATE: RB L.J. Scott. This is a kid who could be the next great Spartan back, following in the footsteps of Javon Ringer, Le’Veon Bell and Jeremy Langford. With the graduation of Langford, running back becomes one of the few question marks for this Spartan team in 2015. Do the Spartans have another 1,000 yard back waiting in the wings? Scott will get his chance to play early and often as this running back position battle figures to be one of the best in the Big Ten this offseason.
See more at: http://btn.com/2015/02/07/one-instant-impact-commitment-from-every-big-ten-school/#sthash.2R258lzc.dpuf
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next