Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015

+21
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
HT
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
beal99
SeeRockCity
SpartanInNH
Rodeo Burger
Herbie Green
Ass Dan
The_Dude
Heat Miser
Nordic
headeast
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
InTenSity
NigelUno
DWags
25 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-12, 21:37

Freep's McCabe blasts the recruiting industry. Talks about Lewerke losing s star for some arbitrary reason.

A year ago after their junior seasons, Brian Lewerke of Phoenix, who eventually signed with Michigan State, was rated a four-star recruit, and Birmingham Brother Rice's Alex Malzone, who has enrolled at Michigan, was a three-star recruit. But when the ratings were adjusted before this season, Lewerke was dropped to a three-star recruit and Malzone was elevated to a four-star recruit.

The explanation given by a Rivals.com recruiting guru was their ratings were changed after seeing them in combines and seven-on-seven.

How could someone say that with a straight face?

In other words, after seeing Lewerke play a season full of actual football games, they thought he was a four-star recruit, but after seeing him in the Underwear Olympics and in seven-on-sevens where no one is rushing the quarterback, no receiver is being hit off the line of scrimmage and no scrambling is required, he lost a star.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/mick-mccabe/2015/02/12/underwear-olympics-recruiting/23325505/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015

Post by Nordic 2015-02-12, 22:06

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 10 1486952199 Mitch
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-12, 22:39

More on the crap side of recruiting:

Predictably, Meyer has now used 12 medical hardships in a little over three years at OSU, outpacing Saban’s first three years. If you’re comparing recent history, Bama has used 2 medical hardships since 2012, while OSU has used 12. The two most recent hardship recipients at OSU (Reeves and Tanner) both fully participated in the Sugar Bowl and Championship Game, cleared by their medical staff before the games and finishing both games uninjured. Three weeks later and right before signing day, the OSU medical staff would not clear the players to continue their careers. Conveniently, this allowed OSU to reach their oversigning limit of 88 scholarships to comply with their conference rule.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2vnngc/unmasking_ohio_state_as_one_of_college_footballs/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-04, 08:16

Michigan State football signee Cassius Peat wins 4th Arizona basketball championship

Basketball Winner
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-04, 08:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:Michigan State football signee Cassius Peat wins 4th Arizona basketball championship

Basketball  Winner

Matt Trannon also played football. In case you did not know.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-04, 08:29

Turtleneck wrote:

Matt Trannon also played football. In case you did not know.

Was he the gym rat, ambidextrous guy with a high basketball IQ?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-04, 08:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Was he the gym rat, ambidextrous guy with a high basketball IQ?

You might be thinking of the kid whose relatives live on the same street as Magic's parents.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-12, 15:23

Good article about 2015 commit Khari Willis and his skills on the basketball court.

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/3192589443131504825/mr-basketball-top-10-jackson-lumen-christis-khari-willis-to-play-football-at-msu-but-considering-basketball/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-20, 08:52

Drake Martinez gets third year of eligibility starting this fall.

In the midst of plenty of recruiting victories, Michigan State got some more good news on Tuesday when transfer Drake Martinez successfully appealed his chance to have three years of eligibility beginning this fall.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/2015/05/19/drake-martinez-wins-appeal-to-gain-three-years-of-eligibility/27604961/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-09, 11:46

Mufi Hunt to begin two year mission

Michigan State University 2015 football commit Mufi Hunt has had a pretty exciting few days. On Tuesday, his soon-to-be collegiate coach — MSU’s Mark Dantonio — visited him and his family in their last big get together before he starts his two-year mission. On Thursday, he officially graduated from high school.

“Things are pretty crazy right now,” he said. “It really hasn’t hit me yet. I still feel like I have school coming up.”

A graduation party was scheduled for Saturday and this Wednesday is the day that Mufi says goodbye to his friends and his family. On June 10th he’ll get dropped off to a missionary training center in Provo, Utah for two weeks of in-depth training. It will be nearly two years before he sees them again.

After his two weeks of training is finished, Hunt will head to the Greater Washington DC area, where he will complete his two-year mission through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He’ll be spreading his faith and his religion — “day in and day out,” he said.

http://isportsweb.com/2015/06/08/michigan-state-football-mufi-hunt-heads-out-on-mission/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-16, 05:23

MSU frosh Stallworth understands benefit of a redshirt

Coming to an established, high-level football program such as Michigan State, the chances for immediate impact are slim.

On the offensive line, where there is a set rotation, there's even less of a chance to play as a true freshman, though guard Brian Allen played in 12 games (one start) last season.

But Kyonta Stallworth, the four-star offensive lineman from Detroit King, is unfazed heading to MSU. He sees the opportunity, but also understands the benefit of waiting.

"I can play if I want to play if I put my mind to it," he said Saturday after the Border Classic Michigan-Ohio high school All-Star game. "But there's nothing wrong with redshirting. That's where most of the money is when you redshirt."

He's referring to development up front, where the NFL-bound players usually are those who spent five years in college, getting stronger and refining their skills.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-18, 07:54

2015 WR signee Darrell Stewart bringing enthusiasm and talent to Michigan State football

EAST LANSING —Houston's Darrell Stewart will bring a lot of enthusiasm and personality to the Michigan State football team — along with talent.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound receiver describes his recruitment as "a dream come true,'' saying he feels honored to be following in the footsteps of Spartans' receivers coach Terrence Samuels, who also attended Houston's Nimitz High School.

"It's like a dream come true to have someone that went to your high school and walked that path that I'm about to approach,'' Stewart said on 'The Griff and Grinz Show' on Lansing's 92.1 FM, The Team. "I cannot wait to get to play college football, I'm going to Michigan State, and I'm a Spartan Dawg! How much better can this life get for me?''
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-25, 10:10

Michigan State QB Brian Lewerke reflects on first two weeks as a Spartan, heads back to Phoenix

EAST LANSING — Brian Lewerke got exactly what he bargained for when he showed up earlier this month for voluntary workouts at Michigan State — familiarization with the campus and a lot of sweat.

"The workouts were about as hard as I thought they would be,'' said Lewerke, the Spartans' 2015 quarterback signee from Phoenix, Arizona. "I think the biggest things I got out of it was that I was able to make friends with my new teammates, and I was able to get acquainted with the campus.

"If I wasn't able to come until July, you'd have classes and football and everything shoved into one day.''

Lewerke was scheduled to fly back to Phoenix this morning for a little more than a week of relaxation and farewells to his friends back home before reporting with the rest of the incoming MSU freshman in early July.

Lewerke and midterm enrollee Tyriq Thompson -- a linebacker -- were the only two players from the 2015 signing class to take part in the individual workouts in June.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-26, 14:03

He's a large man.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 10 Studio_twitter_biggerStudio Dental@StudioDentalAZ
Thanks to @raerae_51 for being a great patient. Best of luck to you at MSU. #BestDentist

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2015 - Page 10 CIcItUyUMAALgEJ
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-26, 14:05

Big fan of the girl to his right.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-05, 08:11

Get to know Michigan State football's freshman class

Breaking: Michigan State actually does have a 2015 football recruiting class, a fact shrouded for much of the spring and summer by the next wave — 20 commitments already for 2016, currently ranked in the national top five, extremely active on Twitter and elsewhere.

But now 2016 is looking at a slowdown — maybe a handful of additions until signing day in February — and 2015 is looking at Ken Mannie. The MSU head strength coach will welcome the freshman class in full Monday for the start of conditioning (veterans already have been working with Mannie), and the team reports for preseason camp Aug. 7.

Running back LJ Scott, junior college linebacker Drake Martinez, linebacker and early enrollee Tyriq Thompson and various receivers and cornerbacks could be factors for an expected preseason top-10 team. The Free Press' Joe Rexrode caught up with a few members of the class before they arrived on campus:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-05, 21:48

Gaines delayed....

Online science class puts arrival of one of Michigan State football's 2015 signees on hold

EAST LANSING — Michigan State 2015 signee Kaleel Gaines did not report with the rest of the Spartans incoming freshmen on Sunday night.

Gaines, a cornerback from Frostproof, Florida, told MLive.com on Sunday afternoon that he's finishing up an online biology class needed to satisfy enrollment requirements after falling short on high school science credits.

"I started the class on Saturday, and I'm planning to be finished in a week-and-a-half,'' Gaines said. "I'm planning to be up there on the 20th. I will get this done.''

Gaines, a 6-foot, 185-pounder, is expected to compete immediately for a spot in the Michigan State secondary.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-06, 08:56

Michigan State incoming freshman QB Brian Lewerke prepared to lead 2015 signees in summer drills

EAST LANSING — Brian Lewerke looks to lead his fellow classmates from the 2015 signing class onto to the field today, as Michigan State's incoming freshmen begin the second phase of voluntary summer workouts.

Lewerke got his first dose of Spartan Football between June 8 and June 24, when he showed up and went through voluntary workouts to better get to know the campus and his older teammates.

"It was really nice, most of the guys came up and introduced themselves to me,'' said Lewerke, who along with midterm enrollee Tyriq Thompson represented the 2015 signees on campus in June.

"I knew the quarterbacks here already, because I had been talking to them.''
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-07-06, 19:27

LooseGoose wrote:Michigan State incoming freshman QB Brian Lewerke prepared to lead 2015 signees in summer drills

EAST LANSING — Brian Lewerke looks to lead his fellow classmates from the 2015 signing class onto to the field today, as Michigan State's incoming freshmen begin the second phase of voluntary summer workouts.

Lewerke got his first dose of Spartan Football between June 8 and June 24, when he showed up and went through voluntary workouts to better get to know the campus and his older teammates.

"It was really nice, most of the guys came up and introduced themselves to me,'' said Lewerke, who along with midterm enrollee Tyriq Thompson represented the 2015 signees on campus in June.

"I knew the quarterbacks here already, because I had been talking to them.''

Gonna be interesting how the QB position is handled once Cook graduates.  People hail Messiah, and forget Lewerke.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-07-06, 19:41

SpartanInNH wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Michigan State incoming freshman QB Brian Lewerke prepared to lead 2015 signees in summer drills

Or Damion "Future 3x Heisman Winner" Terry

Gonna be interesting how the QB position is handled once Cook graduates.  People hail Messiah, and forget Lewerke.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-08, 11:04

Handful of youngsters could contribute early for Michigan State
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/handful-of-youngsters-could-contribute-early-for-michigan-state-070615
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-08, 11:06

Tim Wakefield wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

NIckels/Cousin all over again?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-08, 11:11

Rocinante wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

NIckels/Cousin all over again?

Of course we are skipping right past Terry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-28, 15:11

Our last member of the Class of 2015, eligible immediately.

Wide receiver Frank Epitropoulos announced Tuesday afternoon on his Twitter page that he will be attending Michigan State this fall.
247sports reports that Epitropoulos will be a non-scholarship player who will be eligible in 2015 after sitting out last season.
Epitropoulos (6-foot-1, 206 pounds) spent two seasons with the Buckeyes, redshirting in 2012 and appearing in four games in 2013, recording one catch. He is a former three-star recruit from the Columbus area whose father and uncle both played for Ohio State.

Former Ohio State WR Frank Epitropoulos announces transfer to Michigan State
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-07-28, 15:25

You can never have enough Greek wideouts.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-07-28, 17:57

Nordic wrote:You can never have enough Greek wideouts.

Or Samoan linemen.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-31, 11:31

Is this the right thread to say that Kaleel Gaines is eligible immediately?

Gaines Eligible
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-08-01, 21:00

InTenSity wrote:Is this the right thread to say that Kaleel Gaines is eligible immediately?

Gaines Eligible

Why the fuck not.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-20, 14:08

The class of 15 is still being recruited!!

Report: Texas WR transfer Ryan Newsome to visit Michigan State
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-20, 14:37

LooseGoose wrote:The class of 15 is still being recruited!!

Report: Texas WR transfer Ryan Newsome to visit Michigan State

Besides senior grad transfers, I'm not a big fan of transfers. They usually come with baggage.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-04, 07:56

It looks like Drake is about to dominate August again.....

Michigan likes the look of Drake Harris at cornerback
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-04, 08:17

As an old coach, and competitor you never wish for a kid to be a failure, but you sure do hope they learn a lesson about keeping quiet and working. I have a feeling he has. I wonder if his dad has.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-04, 08:23

DWags wrote:As an old coach, and competitor you never wish for a kid to be a failure, but you sure do hope they learn a lesson about keeping quiet and working. I have a feeling he has. I wonder if his dad has.

Don't go soft on us Wags.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-09, 09:59

Once doubted as walk-on, Michigan State DE Kenny Willekes validated as potential starter

EAST LANSING - Kenny Willekes was a footnote to Michigan State's 2015 recruiting class.

An unranked prospect from Grand Rapids NorthPointe Christian High School, Willekes had Division II scholarship offers from Wayne State and Ferris State, among others, but chose to sign with the Spartans as a preferred walk-on.

"I heard a lot of people say 'oh, you're so dumb. You're never going to play there, you should have just taken a D-II scholarship,'" Willekes recalled on Monday. "That also helped put a chip on my shoulder because I wanted to prove them wrong. I hate people telling me I can't do anything."

Willekes is no longer a walk-on mired in obscurity. The 6-foot-4, 244-pound redshirt sophomore earned a scholarship in the spring and is competing for a starting spot at defensive end this season.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10