Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie

+38
SawGreen
I.B. Fine
Floyd Robertson
TheReal_LWS
SeeRockCity
Watch Out Pylon!
CheesySpartan
Herbie Green
Motown Spartan
Rocinante
Blanch32
Rodeo Burger
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
EJE
InTenSity
Triple Sparty
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
AMwood
CORNER BLITZ
Cym Jim
DWags
By-Tor
tTy
Brock Middlebrook
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Masturbates
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
HT
Dr. Strangelove
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
42 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 4 Empty Re: Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie

Post by AMwood 2015-07-31, 12:31

lions should have a buffalo give them a powerpoint presentation on the subject.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 4 Empty Re: Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-31, 13:05

AMwood wrote:lions should have a buffalo give them a powerpoint presentation on the subject.
Slide 1 - Don't live in a poor ass Continent.
Slide 2 - Don't eat the people trying to care for you.
Slide 3 - ????
Slide 4 - Profit
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-31, 13:38

Slide 3 taste better
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-31, 13:45

Ted nudge the had it figured. People are stupid

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/30/ted_nugent_is_a_cecil_the_lion_truther_because_of_course_he_is/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-31, 13:47

Screw mobile. Ted has it figured.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-31, 13:54

DWags wrote:Ted nudge the had it figured. People are stupid

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/30/ted_nugent_is_a_cecil_the_lion_truther_because_of_course_he_is/
Didn't someone accuse you of being blanch earlier? You really might be.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-31, 15:03

Giant Moose wrote:

hey - I think he deserves more respect than you're giving him. Apparently he knows some football coaches or something like that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-31, 15:06

Giant Moose wrote:

Damn.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-31, 15:13

I'm bored of this outrage. Isn't there something else to be outraged about yet?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-31, 15:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm bored of this outrage. Isn't there something else to be outraged about yet?

I don't think anyone running for president is any good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-31, 15:21

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 4 NuUB2Xu
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-31, 15:30

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm bored of this outrage. Isn't there something else to be outraged about yet?

Way too soon for me to be outraged about that. What else ya got
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-31, 15:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

My eggs at Vickie's in Douglas this morning were a bit over cooked
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-31, 15:35

DWags wrote:

Did you hear about how a bunch of media guys picked OSU over us?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-31, 16:37

DWags wrote:

My eggs at Vickie's in Douglas this morning were a bit over cooked
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. WHO CAN WE CALL, WHAT CAN WE DO
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-31, 16:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Did you hear about how a bunch of media guys picked OSU over us?
I mean, they're the national champions. Fair enough.

Wait. Sorry. I meant OUTRAGE!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-31, 16:45

There's a fb post going around that pretty much nails it. Something about a foriegn guy who didn't belong there killing a lion and Jimmy kimmell and half of America are in tears. Some foreigner who doesn't belong here guns down a woman in SF and nobody bats an eye.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-31, 17:20

kingstonlake wrote:There's a fb post going around that pretty much nails it. Something about a foriegn guy who didn't belong there killing a lion and Jimmy kimmell and half of America are in tears. Some foreigner who doesn't belong here guns down a woman in SF and nobody bats an eye.

You know what always works? Manufactured outrage at people's manufactured outrage.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-07-31, 17:21

kingstonlake wrote:There's a fb post going around that pretty much nails it. Something about a foriegn guy who didn't belong there killing a lion and Jimmy kimmell and half of America are in tears. Some foreigner who doesn't belong here guns down a woman in SF and nobody bats an eye.

Brilliant! Wait - we're not allowed to care about something because something else happened in the world that was worse? Crap, that is going to lead to one shitty planet.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-31, 17:26

Cym Jim wrote:

Brilliant! Wait - we're not allowed to care about something because something else happened in the world that was worse? Crap, that is going to lead to one shitty planet.

wait, wait, wait.. you should be outraged at THIS!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-31, 18:11

This thread has confused the hell out of me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-07-31, 18:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:wait, wait, wait.. you should be outraged at THIS!

It takes a lot to move me past a shrug on the outrage meter, but I think this guy is a shit and I'm glad to see him suffer Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 4 2599972566
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-31, 18:36

DWags wrote:This thread has confused the hell out of me.  
Just be mad about something. Whatever you want. Who cares. Be mad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-12, 07:03

In Zimbabwe, We Don’t Cry for Lions

Cecil who? I wondered. When I turned on the news and discovered that the messages were about a lion killed by an American dentist, the village boy inside me instinctively cheered: One lion fewer to menace families like mine.

My excitement was doused when I realized that the lion killer was being painted as the villain. I faced the starkest cultural contradiction I'd experienced during my five years studying in the United States.

Did all those Americans signing petitions understand that lions actually kill people? That all the talk about Cecil being "beloved" or a "local favorite" was media hype? Did Jimmy Kimmel choke up because Cecil was murdered or because he confused him with Simba from "The Lion King"?

In my village in Zimbabwe, surrounded by wildlife conservation areas, no lion has ever been beloved, or granted an affectionate nickname. They are objects of terror.

...The American tendency to romanticize animals that have been given actual names and to jump onto a hashtag train has turned an ordinary situation - there were 800 lions legally killed over a decade by well-heeled foreigners who shelled out serious money to prove their prowess - into what seems to my Zimbabwean eyes an absurdist circus.

PETA is calling for the hunter to be hanged. Zimbabwean politicians are accusing the United States of staging Cecil's killing as a "ploy" to make our country look bad. And Americans who can't find Zimbabwe on a map are applauding the nation's demand for the extradition of the dentist, unaware that a baby elephant was reportedly slaughtered for our president's most recent birthday banquet.

We Zimbabweans are left shaking our heads, wondering why Americans care more about African animals than about African people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-12, 07:19

Dentis paid 50K to have him lured out of a park with meat and led to an area where the pussy could shoot him.

Don't care if he killed animals
I eat meat
I respect hunters

Dentist is a big pussy. Huge.
Stories defending the pussy are for people who consider what the dentist did hunting.

Fuck him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-12, 07:33

The great white hunter shot his baited prey over a month ago.  He's still in hiding and a patient was told he would re-open his practice in September.  Minneapolis media attempted to confirm but no one is answering phone calls.  I don't think it will be September of 2015.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-08-12, 11:37; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-12, 07:55

glad to see that a certain segment of our population has taken the killing of a lion and, somehow, twisted it into yet another reason to be outraged by brown people in America.

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-12, 08:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:glad to see that a certain segment of our population has taken the killing of a lion and, somehow, twisted it into yet another reason to be outraged by brown people in America.

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 4 502811600
Bob?   Can you elaborate how anyone is outraged over "brown people" in this case?

I know your brain is programmed to throw that out there every post but I'm having trouble seeing the relationship here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-12, 09:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:glad to see that a certain segment of our population has taken the killing of a lion and, somehow, twisted it into yet another reason to be outraged by brown people in America.

Bob?   Can you elaborate how anyone is outraged over "brown people" in this case?

I know your brain is programmed to throw that out there every post but I'm having trouble seeing the relationship here.
I realize that reading comprehension - education, in general, I guess - isn't a priority for conservatives.. but here is post 167 on this very page of this very thread:

There's a fb post going around that pretty much nails it. Something about a foriegn guy who didn't belong there killing a lion and Jimmy kimmell and half of America are in tears. Some foreigner who doesn't belong here guns down a woman in SF and nobody bats an eye.

so, yeah.. Benghazi, dirty Mexicans.. ummm.. healthcare for everyone.. socialist muslim in the White House wants my guns/bibles.. ya know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-12, 10:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I realize that reading comprehension - education, in general, I guess - isn't a priority for conservatives.. but here is post 167 on this very page of this very thread:

so, yeah.. Benghazi, dirty Mexicans.. ummm.. healthcare for everyone.. socialist muslim in the White House wants my guns/bibles.. ya know.
Weak sauce my friend, there's no reference to skin color there at all.  So once again you seem to be projecting your own prejudices on others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-12, 10:36

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Weak sauce my friend, there's no reference to skin color there at all.  So once again you seem to be projecting your own prejudices on others.
Benghazi!! Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 4 1550444538

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-12, 10:49

I love social media warriors...changing the world one #like at a time! Razz
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-12, 10:50

The_Dude wrote:I love social media warriors...changing the world one #like at a time! Razz
#PoliceLivesMatter
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-12, 10:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:I love social media warriors...changing the world one #like at a time! Razz
#PoliceLivesMatter

I personally will never forget the date and time of where I was when I heard that Cecil was fatally shot.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-12, 10:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:#PoliceLivesMatter

#AllLivesMatter
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-12, 10:55

#onlyimatter #fucktherestofyou
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-12, 11:01

Rocinante wrote:

#AllLivesMatter
not to conservatives (and others.. though they're the loudest "pro life" hypocrites) that support the death penalty
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-12, 11:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

#AllLivesMatter
not to conservatives (and others.. though they're the loudest "pro life" hypocrites) that support the death penalty

#AllLivesMatterExceptDeathRowInmatesAndMuslimExtremestsWhichReallyMeansAllMuslimsBecauseDidntYouKnowTheresAWarOnCristianityYouIdiot ?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-08-12, 11:21

The_Dude wrote:

I personally will never forget the date and time of where I was when I heard that Cecil was fatally shot.

If there efforts are so meaningless, why do you feel so threatened by them?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-12, 12:07

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

#AllLivesMatterExceptDeathRowInmatesAndMuslimExtremestsWhichReallyMeansAllMuslimsBecauseDidntYouKnowTheresAWarOnCristianityYouIdiot ?
#AllLivesMatter
#ExceptDeathRowInmates
#OrMuslimExtremists
#OrUnarmedBlackKids
#AndIllDecideWhichLivesMatter
#BecauseAllLivesMatter
#ExceptForTheOnesThatDont
#OfWhichIllDecide
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next