Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie

+38
SawGreen
I.B. Fine
Floyd Robertson
TheReal_LWS
SeeRockCity
Watch Out Pylon!
CheesySpartan
Herbie Green
Motown Spartan
Rocinante
Blanch32
Rodeo Burger
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
EJE
InTenSity
Triple Sparty
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
AMwood
CORNER BLITZ
Cym Jim
DWags
By-Tor
tTy
Brock Middlebrook
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Masturbates
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
HT
Dr. Strangelove
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
42 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 Empty Re: Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-09-09, 15:16

Actually 90% of hunting in Michigan is on private land (cause public land is the wild wild west)... That shit isn't like these "guided" hunts. There are "farms" in Michigan with fenced deer waiting to be "harvested"... Just go to fucking meijer and buy meat at that point.

If someone owns 50 acres and lets you plop down on a corner of a field cause they saw some deer there in the past... its a little different then the "professional" guided hunts and farms.

Assuming this dickhead did something like this, but with guns... The guy "in the know" drove him up to the Rhino to be smoked. That's not "hunting"... paying a shit ton of money to kill something (the locals knew was dying anyway).  Not sure how you get a thrill or sense of accomplishment from that.
Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.travelafrica.ch%2FTravelAfrica2015%2FImages%2FInserted%2Fimages%2Fsuedafrika-nationalparks-safari
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 Empty Re: Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-09, 15:37

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Actually 90% of hunting in Michigan is on private land (cause public land is the wild wild west)... That shit isn't like these "guided" hunts. There are "farms" in Michigan with fenced deer waiting to be "harvested"... Just go to fucking meijer and buy meat at that point.

If someone owns 50 acres and lets you plop down on a corner of a field cause they saw some deer there in the past... its a little different then the "professional" guided hunts and farms.

Assuming this dickhead did something like this, but with guns... The guy "in the know" drove him up to the Rhino to be smoked. That's not "hunting"... paying a shit ton of money to kill something (the locals knew was dying anyway).  Not sure how you get a thrill or sense of accomplishment from that.
Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.travelafrica.ch%2FTravelAfrica2015%2FImages%2FInserted%2Fimages%2Fsuedafrika-nationalparks-safari
Seems like there's a lot of assumption going on in this thread though.

Look, I don't mean to be defending the guy. I've said I'm against trophy hunting for the sake of the trophy. But people seem more worked up about how it was killed than the fact that it was killed at all. Would you guys really feel better if he went walking out on his own, saw this rhino in a valley minding his own business, walked down, and killed him?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-09, 15:38

MiamiSpartan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Actually 90% of hunting in Michigan is on private land (cause public land is the wild wild west)... That shit isn't like these "guided" hunts. There are "farms" in Michigan with fenced deer waiting to be "harvested"... Just go to fucking meijer and buy meat at that point.

Look, I don't mean to be defending the guy. I've said I'm against trophy hunting for the sake of the trophy. But people seem more worked up about how it was killed than the fact that it was killed at all. Would you guys really feel better if he went walking out on his own, saw this rhino in a valley minding his own business, walked down, and killed him?
I would.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-09, 15:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I would not because it’s still trophy hunting
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-09, 15:54

on a positive note, I just read through this entire thread and I don't really miss all the racists that used to post here.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-09, 15:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Look, I know you enjoy these debates, but could you please make a point and stick with it in this thread? You originally argued that this hunt was some vast national park with no fences, then came back with it’s tantamount to hunting on a friend’s land where he knows all the best spots—same as favorite fishing holes.

Which one is it?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-09, 16:14

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Look, I know you enjoy these debates, but could you please make a point and stick with it in this thread? You originally argued that this hunt was some vast national park with no fences, then came back with it’s tantamount to hunting on a friend’s land where he knows all the best spots—same as favorite fishing holes.

Which one is it?

Isn’t it both bro??
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-09, 16:20

The fact that Namibia or whoever has decided that the best way to conserve this species is to allow rich assholes with small dicks to shoot a handful each year to fund the whole venture is a sad necessity (in that apparently no one will give them the money they need for conservation otherwise).

The fact that this small-dicked, rich asshole feels the need to shoot trophy animals and pose with them like he's some bigshot is worthy of contempt and ridicule.

The rest seems mostly irrelevant, to me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-09, 16:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Is that really any different than going to someone's personal property to hunt, which is fairly common in Michigan and elsewhere?  They know the land like the back of their hand, know the animals habits, bait areas for them, etc.  Or any different than fishing in a pond or lake that you've fished on for decades and know all the good spots?

Also, since you had bolded the fact that he was hunted in a national park where you then laughed at "hunting", I suppose that's why I thought that your issue was that being in a national park somehow made it less of a "hunt".

the bold part wasn't his point. keep up. Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 502811600

I’m not sure Namibia’s national parks are quite like ours. But I’ve not been. I’m guessing with it’s size and percentage of land they could fence some of them and damn near turn them into a petting zoo. But yeah I was guessing
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-09, 17:10

DWags wrote:

the bold part wasn't his point. keep up. Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 502811600

I’m not sure Namibia’s national parks are quite like ours. But I’ve not been. I’m guessing with it’s size and percentage of land they could fence some of them and damn near turn them into a petting zoo. But yeah I was guessing

Too bad it doesn't specify which park it is, there are quite a few.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-09, 17:10

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Which one is it?
Are those mutually exclusive? One is about location, the other is about guides. Both things I mentioned were in response to what others had posted, I didn't just randomly post them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-09, 17:17

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Which one is it?
Are those mutually exclusive? One is about location, the other is about guides. Both things I mentioned were in response to what others had posted, I didn't just randomly post them.

They are not mutually exclusive, which is what I said in the first place. However, that’s not the point you made until later, which made it seem like you were posting opposing viewpoints.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-09, 17:19

DWags wrote:

On my phone but I don’t think it’s vast no matter which. I actually do think they can fence some. Is Namibia bigger than Colorado?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-09, 17:24

The one that gets me is the fuckers that shoot elephants. Absolute pieces of shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-09, 17:29

steveschneider wrote:The one that gets me is the fuckers that shoot elephants. Absolute pieces of shit.

What I recall about some areas of that geographical setting from old geography classes is that some of those elephants would actually tear down farmers houses. Now I’d forgive them for shooting one. Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-09, 17:31

DWags wrote:

On my phone but I don’t think it’s vast no matter which. I actually do think they can fence some. Is Namibia bigger than Colorado?

Yeah, and it's bigger than Texas.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-09, 17:36

DWags wrote:

Any of their NP’s fenced?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-09, 17:46

DWags wrote:

I’m still working, d wags.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-09, 17:48

DWags wrote:

For the man?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-09, 17:51

DWags wrote:

Not really. Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-09, 17:53

DWags wrote:

I told you not to go to work on your first day. Now you're trapped. Always working. Always generating max value for somebody else while only a fraction of the value you create is returned to you. It's not a good way to go through life, bro. You had your chance to walk away.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-09, 18:14

DWags wrote:

For the man?

fuck the man!

tGreenWay wrote:

Not really. Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 502811600

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 502811600

Turtleneck wrote:

I told you not to go to work on your first day. Now you're trapped. Always working. Always generating max value for somebody else while only a fraction of the value you create is returned to you. It's not a good way to go through life, bro. You had your chance to walk away.

at least I get unlimited time off Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 2599972566
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-09, 18:53

This thread = Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-09, 19:10

Sorry but this is most A.D.D. Board around. Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-09, 19:41

DWags wrote:

For the man?

fuck the man!

tGreenWay wrote:

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 502811600

Turtleneck wrote:

at least I get unlimited time off Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 2599972566

Could you take some off that unlimited time Thursday and get your picks in?lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-09, 19:58

kingstonlake wrote:

fuck the man!

Could you take some off that unlimited time Thursday and get your picks in?lol!

Cecil the Lion was killed by big game hunter/MN dentist Walter J. Palmer of Eden Prarie - Page 7 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-09, 20:09

I hear Namibia National Park is eliminating parking on grass for shooting.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-09, 21:04

Nordic wrote:I hear Namibia National Park is eliminating parking on grass for shooting.
Not sure if this is a tailgating joke or grassy knoll joke. 

Greenway?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-09, 21:06

Nordic wrote:I hear Namibia National Park is eliminating parking on grass for shooting.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-09-10, 08:04

DWags wrote:

I’m not sure Namibia’s national parks are quite like ours.  But I’ve not been. I’m guessing with it’s size and percentage of land they could fence some of them and damn near turn them into a petting zoo. But yeah I was guessing

Looks like their biggest NP is 990 miles long and covers 41,000 square miles. Even Trump would have a hard time fencing that one in.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-10, 08:08

lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7