Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting" at Orlando club.

+26
tTy
CheesySpartan
Blanch32
Death Roe
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Vlad
The Pantry
Gomer
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
SpartanInNH
I.B. Fine
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
tanfan!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
Dr. Strangelove
steveschneider
DWags
30 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 8 Empty Re: Multiple victims in a "mass shooting" at Orlando club.

Post by tTy 2016-06-12, 22:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:This isn't as much of a terror issue as much as you want to make it. If you were to go out and kill a whole bunch of people right now and say "I do this for Isis!" Is it truly a terror issue or are you just fucking nuts? A terror issue, to me, is when someone makes a well thought out plan to attack for political purposes they are, for lack of a better word, in their mind, doing the right thing and would have said that for their entire existence. In this case this guy bought these guns within the last week, had an obvious problem with gay people, and wanted to kill a whole bunch of then. His phone call is the ramblings of a lunatic and nothing more.

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 8 502811600
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 8 Empty Re: Multiple victims in a "mass shooting" at Orlando club.

Post by Cym Jim 2016-06-12, 23:45

Vlad wrote:The ex wife is kinda hot. Her fiancé looks pretty old though.

Both quite articulate but I suspect some serious attention whoring. Was married to him for 4 months and hasn't had contact in 8 years, but did a dozen interviews today?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2016-06-13, 00:04

Seems like the media coverage and social media reaction is a little muted around this incident. Similar and much smaller events previously received more attention. Are we getting used to this shit, or do gays not warrant as much attention? Not sure why "gay" had to be put in front of "nightclub" in every headline either. Sure, it suggests motive, but also unnecessarily classifies the victims.

Having said that, the gay community is certainly owning this. Impressive LGBT leader on CNN even managing to blame it on right wing Christian bigotry!

But why the fuck is nobody discussing what happened between 2 and 5am? It's not even being mentioned anywhere. Will we ever hear how many people the cops killed during all that gunfire vs. the dude? Gonna have to see what Alex Jones makes of this . . . !

Update - Alex Jones is going with radical Muslim terrorism from the religion of peace, but his fans are going with gun grabbing Illuminati Bilderberg/Obama/Hillary orchestrated false flag. I love that false flag shit - so batshit crazy.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2016-06-13, 02:11

Going to bed, got to stop watching CNN. Too many questions:

1. Should someone who was investigated at least twice by the FBI for terror-related shit be allowed to buy guns like that? That's a pretty easy bar both sides could probably agree on?
2. What the fuck happened between 2am and 5am? Didn't Columbine teach cops they have to go in right away? Same with the French nightclub.
3. Who shot who during the raid? That was a shitload of gunfire on that one video.
4. Those numbers (50 dead, 53 injured) came out immediately, and haven't changed. That's shady - those numbers always change. I'm guessing this isn't going to reflect well on the cops.
5. Those are some pretty sweet selfies - any dick pics?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-13, 07:34

my thoughts and prayers are with gun owners during this very difficult time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-06-13, 07:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my thoughts and prayers are with gun owners during this very difficult time.

Thanks Bobby. You know you might want to get a firearm or two. I'd suggest a 12 gauge shotgun and some sort of revolver.

There are none as blind as those that refuse to see. The fucking Muslims are gunning down the gays and the lefties are blaming the Christians, gun laws and the Right. Amazing.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-13, 07:42

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my thoughts and prayers are with gun owners during this very difficult time.

Thanks Bobby. You know you might want to get a firearm or two. I'd suggest a 12 gauge shotgun and some sort of revolver.

There are none as blind as those that refuse to see. The fucking Muslims are gunning down the gays and the lefties are blaming the Christians and the Right. Amazing.
I choose not to live my life in fear and, thusly, allow republicans, the mainstream media, the NRA, etc. to profit from my emotional and intellectual shortcomings.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-13, 08:32

Cym Jim wrote:Going to bed, got to stop watching CNN. Too many questions:

1. Should someone who was investigated at least twice by the FBI for terror-related shit be allowed to buy guns like that? That's a pretty easy bar both sides could probably agree on?
2. What the fuck happened between 2am and 5am? Didn't Columbine teach cops they have to go in right away? Same with the French nightclub.
3. Who shot who during the raid? That was a shitload of gunfire on that one video.
4. Those numbers (50 dead, 53 injured) came out immediately, and haven't changed. That's shady - those numbers always change. I'm guessing this isn't going to reflect well on the cops.
5. Those are some pretty sweet selfies - any dick pics?

They initially said around 20 were dead. Then 50. That's quite a jump.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-13, 09:44

Clinton on NPR this morning (responding to a question with Steve Inskeep): Something about Trump's Muslim Ban affecting the new mayor of London
Inskeep: Well, he has promised to make some exceptions.
Clinton: Isn't that good of him?

A little chuckle during horrible events.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-13, 09:46

Rocinante wrote:Clinton on NPR this morning (responding to a question with Steve Inskeep): Something about Trump's Muslim Ban affecting the new mayor of London
Inskeep: Well, he has promised to make some exceptions.
Clinton: Isn't that good of him?

A little chuckle during horrible events.
I would totally expect such flippant and insensitive remarks coming from a woman who killed 4 brave Americans with her email server.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-06-13, 10:13

So I found out the answer to my question above, even if someone is on the watch list and has pledged ISIL support the government can't do anything to restrict the purchase of an AR15.

This guy had to have been setting off triggers left and right and was on watch lists. There was even a warning by ISIL that there would be an attack in Florida this weekend.

What's the point of the USA Patriot Act if they couldn't prevent this attack?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-06-13, 11:00

steveschneider wrote:So I found out the answer to my question above, even if someone is on the watch list and has pledged ISIL support the government can't do anything to restrict the purchase of an AR15.

This guy had to have been setting off triggers left and right and was on watch lists. There was even a warning by ISIL that there would be an attack in Florida this weekend.

You can thank the gun lobby for that. They just don't like restrictions on their gun rights. I mean, what does "suspicion" mean, right? Could be just the big bad government sticking its nose where it doesn't belong. So yeah, this guy was allowed to get a gun.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-13, 11:03

Vlad wrote:
steveschneider wrote:So I found out the answer to my question above, even if someone is on the watch list and has pledged ISIL support the government can't do anything to restrict the purchase of an AR15.

You can thank the gun lobby for that. They just don't like restrictions on their gun rights. I mean, what does "suspicion" mean, right? Could be just the big bad government sticking its nose where it doesn't belong. So yeah, this guy was allowed to get a gun.
says a lot about a political party when they try to blame all Muslims for the actions of a few.. and, yet, fight like hell to make sure that the few has easy access to assault rifles.

oh - thoughts and prayers are with the victims.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-06-13, 11:15

Need Trump more than ever
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-13, 11:19

The_Dude wrote:Need Trump's dick in my ass more than ever
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-13, 11:19

Another question might be the techniques used by the FBI. The Boston Bomber, one of the San Bernadino shooters and the Orlando shooter were all tipped off to the FBI, interviewed and cleared.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-13, 11:22

LooseGoose wrote:

Another question might be the techniques used by the FBI. The Boston Bomber, one of the San Bernadino shooters and the Orlando shooter were all tipped off to the FBI, interviewed and cleared.

my thoughts and prayers are with the techniques used by the FBI during this very difficult time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-13, 11:22

Vlad wrote:You can thank the gun lobby for that. They just don't like restrictions on their gun rights. I mean, what does "suspicion" mean, right? Could be just the big bad government sticking its nose where it doesn't belong. So yeah, this guy was allowed to get a gun.

Just to be clear - what other rights do you support removing on the basis of a list? A list which requires no accusation, no arrest, no conviction to appear on. A list that has been acknowledged to be riddled with errors.

It always amazes me that those people that are staunch defenders of rights and due process are ready to abrogate a right for someone else so easily.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-13, 11:23

Here Bob, study this for a while. Then tell me about the "epidemic of gun violence"

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 8 Ck1eTnyUgAAkhFF
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-13, 11:26

Imagine that I draw a line toward the bottom of that graph and write in red "everything above this is way too high."

I'm not going to deal with that right now. But you can imagine it on your own.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-06-13, 11:26

Problem is the guy was a US citizen. Can't take away constitutional rights because of mere suspicion in this country.

Many people still don't get the fact we are in a long, generational war. Isis needs to be 100% eradicated.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-13, 11:27

LooseGoose wrote:Here Bob, study this for a while. Then tell me about the "epidemic of gun violence"

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 8 Ck1eTnyUgAAkhFF
don't be upset with me.. I'm very well-armed to perteckt myself against brown people. If you're going to be upset with anyone, be upset with the FBI interviewing techniques.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-06-13, 11:28

LooseGoose wrote:
Vlad wrote:You can thank the gun lobby for that. They just don't like restrictions on their gun rights. I mean, what does "suspicion" mean, right? Could be just the big bad government sticking its nose where it doesn't belong. So yeah, this guy was allowed to get a gun.

Just to be clear - what other rights do you support removing on the basis of a list? A list which requires no accusation, no arrest, no conviction to appear on. A list that has been acknowledged to be riddled with errors.

It always amazes me that those people that are staunch defenders of rights and due process are ready to abrogate a right for someone else so easily.

But DOES require reasonable suspicion, enough so that the individual had to be questioned twice.

It's probably just me and my anti-gun mindset, but yeah, I'd put such an individual on the "Can't Buy a Fuckin' Gun" list.

Or...and here's a better idea...we can do NOTHING. That's been working really well, as it allows these radialized MFers to use our own laws to carry out their fucked up agenda.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-13, 11:30

I'm gonna go for a walk..

if a scary brown person gets me with his legally purchased assault rifle while I'm gone, I ask that you keep gun owners in your thoughts and prayers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-06-13, 11:50

I am way too old to behave like this.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-06-13, 12:13

Vlad wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

But DOES require reasonable suspicion, enough so that the individual had to be questioned twice.

It's probably just me and my anti-gun mindset, but yeah, I'd put such an individual on the "Can't Buy a Fuckin' Gun" list.

Or...and here's a better idea...we can do NOTHING. That's been working really well, as it allows these radialized MFers to use our own laws to carry out their fucked up agenda.

Once people like you realize 'passing laws' wont stop islamic terrorism, maybe we can move on to what really needs to be done.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-13, 12:17

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Once people like you realize 'passing laws' wont stop islamic terrorism, maybe we can move on to what really needs to be done.

How would you have prevented the latest incident? Please be specific.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-13, 12:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Imagine that I draw a line toward the bottom of that graph and write in red "everything above this is way too high."

The part I don't understand is this - how is it with the explosion of numbers of guns in the US that the murder rate has been dropping for 20 years. That just doesn't fit the narrative we hear over and over and over.

The facts are saying that as the number of guns goes up the number of murders goes down. If people don't acknowledge those facts can you have an honest debate?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-13, 12:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Imagine that I draw a line toward the bottom of that graph and write in red "everything above this is way too high."

The part I don't understand is this - how is it with the explosion of numbers of guns in the US that the murder rate has been dropping for 20 years. That just doesn't fit the narrative we hear over and over and over.

The facts are saying that as the number of guns goes up the number of murders goes down. If people don't acknowledge those facts can you have an honest debate?

Correlation does not equal causation goose.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-13, 12:26

Vlad wrote:But DOES require reasonable suspicion, enough so that the individual had to be questioned twice.

To be clear then that's your standard for removing a constitutional right? Reasonable suspicion.

Is that for all rights or just the rights you don't care for?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-13, 12:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Correlation does not equal causation goose.

Thank you for the insight and I agree. Would you agree that we hear the repeated narrative that it's all these guns are the streets that are causing the "murder epidemic"? IF so, do you wonder why people repeat that when the facts say it's simply not true?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-13, 12:32

Well, that's what I was saying when I said "imagine in drawing a line." It's just that we have ALWAYS had a murder epidemic. Just because there's less of it now than in the 80s it doesn't mean that it's not still a huge huge unacceptable problem.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-06-13, 12:34

Why can I quote anyone any more?

Love the back and forth with loose and bob.

Looses, defends due process unless it involvea banning moose and others he doesn't like here

Bob, blames guns, not the shooter, yet thinks the compete opposite if it was rape....then only the rapist can be blamed.

See why the left and right are both morans?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-06-13, 12:39

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Fletch?

WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 8 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-13, 12:47

Blanch32 wrote:Why can I quote anyone any more?

Looses, defends due process unless it involvea banning moose and others he doesn't like here

Bob, blames guns, not the shooter, yet thinks the compete opposite if it was rape....then only the rapist can be blamed.

Exactly who else is to be blamed?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-13, 13:02

I'm back from my walk.

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and continue to support the uniquely American idea that we ban Americans from our country and not assault rifles.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-06-13, 13:05

Blanch32 wrote:Why can I quote anyone any more?

Eh, just the hypocritical nature of being a political hack. Double standards, etc.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-13, 13:08

I had posted this on the other forum.. seems rather appropriate for here:

Bobby Sak wrote:I was on a long ride yesterday afternoon and thinking that the shooting in Orlando had to have been just an amazing moment for the Republican party. First of all, a bunch of gay folks at a gay nightclub were killed... secondly, they could blame it on scary brown people...

can you imagine the high-fiving going on at Trump/RNC headquarters?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-06-13, 13:11

Liberals: The guy who commits rape is 100% at fault. Its the person.

When it comes to terrorism: Lets blame guns, the NRA, Republicans, etc. The person and their own faults are NOT to be blamed, or really talked about.

Isn't blatant political hypocrisy the greatest? Razz
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-13, 13:11

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Fletch?

WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 8 502811600

My bad. You made a reference to what needs to be done. So...what needs to be done?

Again...be specific.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next