Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting" at Orlando club.

+26
tTy
CheesySpartan
Blanch32
Death Roe
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Vlad
The Pantry
Gomer
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
SpartanInNH
I.B. Fine
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
tanfan!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
Dr. Strangelove
steveschneider
DWags
30 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Multiple victims in a "mass shooting" at Orlando club.

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 11:49 am

Damian Paletta ‏@damianpaletta 4m4 minutes ago
Rep. Schiff, who is always cautious, says Dept. of Homeland Security told him Orlando shooter made pledge of allegiance to Islamic State.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Multiple victims in a "mass shooting" at Orlando club.

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 11:49 am

Yep - it's about Christians and the NRA.

State of the Union Verified account ‏@CNNSotu
CNN: Shooter known to FBI. No indication he was plotting attack. One of hundreds suspected of being ISIS sympathizers on the FBI's radar.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 12/06/16, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/06/16, 11:50 am

And anarchism.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/06/16, 11:52 am

Hundreds of suspects?

Travis may say we can have an opinion on this since it's not as rare as boys dressing like girls to compete in girl's sports.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 11:53 am

Yep - this is ALL on guns and the NRA. No reason someone should have been watching this guy have locked him up.

Guy Benson ‏@guypbenson 37m37 minutes ago
ABC News: Shooter was on US officials' radar for some time, indications he'd been radicalized as violent Islamist.

Oh, and I forgot - Christians too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 12/06/16, 11:54 am

Bob isn't even here and this already turned into Wells before anyone even acknowledged the victims or said anything serious. Fuck that. Get over yourselves
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/06/16, 11:59 am

Is it possible to 1) stop the sale of all assault rifles? 2) collect a shit ton of them that are out now?

For you second amendment guys- there has to be a logical breaking point that we say "that gun is way over the top". I would put it at assault rifles, but I know many of you will say I'm nuts and we need to always be vigilant against usurpers of our freedom.

I also get the feeling trying to collect all assault rifles might be like trying to put a Forrest fire out with one fire truck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 12/06/16, 11:59 am

I wonder if they will still need blood in 10 days when I'm starting my mouse tour. I'm O...not sure if positive or negative.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 12:00 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Bob isn't even here and this already turned into Wells before anyone even acknowledged the victims or said anything serious. Fuck that. Get over yourselves

You're right Wakie. I apologize. Honestly I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.

I hate it when people lash out blindly without the facts. The only person I blame here is the bastard that did the killing.

I'm sorry these people probably died at least partially because of their sexual orientation, that sucks.

I wish we had a way to eradicate evil, unfortunately we don't.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/06/16, 12:01 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I wonder if they will still need blood in 10 days when I'm starting my mouse tour. I'm O...not sure if positive or negative.

I think your the universal donor if you're oh neg.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/06/16, 12:02 pm

DWags wrote:Is it possible to 1) stop the sale of all assault rifles? 2) collect a shit ton of them that are out now?

For you second amendment guys- there has to be a logical breaking point that we say "that gun is way over the top".  I would put it at assault rifles, but I know many of you will say I'm nuts and we need to always be vigilant against usurpers of our freedom.  

I also get the feeling trying to collect all assault rifles might be like trying to put a Forrest fire out with one fire truck.

Yeah, you can send armed state agents home to home, forcing their way inside and ransacking the private homes of law abiding citizens looking for their possessions.

It's been done many times before in history.

Last edited by xsanguine on 12/06/16, 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 12/06/16, 12:03 pm

DWags wrote:Is it possible to 1) stop the sale of all assault rifles? 2) collect a shit ton of them that are out now?

For you second amendment guys- there has to be a logical breaking point that we say "that gun is way over the top".  I would put it at assault rifles, but I know many of you will say I'm nuts and we need to always be vigilant against usurpers of our freedom.  

Forrest Whitaker is on fire?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/06/16, 12:06 pm

xsanguine wrote:

For you second amendment guys- there has to be a logical breaking point that we say "that gun is way over the top". I would put it at assault rifles, but I know many of you will say I'm nuts and we need to always be vigilant against usurpers of our freedom.

Yeah, you can send armed men home to home, forcing their way inside and ransacking their homes looking for their possessions.

In other words, no fucking way to collect them. I get that. I have guns. I just think lines should be drawn. But I know my opinion might be pushing second amendment buttons.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/06/16, 12:07 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Yeah, you can send armed men home to home, forcing their way inside and ransacking their homes looking for their possessions.

In other words, no fucking way to collect them. I get that. I have guns. I just think lines should be drawn. But I know my opinion might be pushing second amendment buttons.

Let's call it what is is, though.

"Lines should be drawn" actually entails sending armed state agents home to home, forcing their way inside the homes of private citizens, ransacking them looking for the possessions of law abiding citizens.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 12:10 pm

Wags - "assault rifle" is a made up political term. Even the people that made up the name admit that now.

Hunting rifles are deadlier than "assault rifles", they shoot just as fast and generally fire a more lethal round.

Obviously this is going to change for this year - but over the past 10 years ALL rifles have been involved in approximately 300 murders per year. Rifles are not the problem. IF you really want to impact murders, handguns are involved in approximately 6,000 murders per year. But for politicians there is no easy sexy target like an "assault handgun" - so they mislead the public about "assault rifles" and accomplish exactly nothing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 12/06/16, 12:11 pm

Refreshing.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/06/16, 12:12 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

"Lines should be drawn" actually entails sending armed state agents home to home, forcing their way inside the homes of private citizens, ransacking them looking for the possessions of law abiding citizens.

Yeah, I'm the naive type that is a 70's hippie who just kind of wishes everyone says at some point "you know, assault rifles really are bullshit" and says let's all do this. But fuck, it's not gonna happen. So it's a price we all pay to live in our country.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 12/06/16, 12:12 pm

Assault weapons are already tightly controlled.

There is no way to band/confiscate semi automatic weapons. The technology is well over 100 years old. Unless you ban them. Considering there are probably 200 million semi autos in the country you would be making tens of millions Americans criminals for exercising their 2A rights.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/06/16, 12:12 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Refreshing.

I assume you're against gun control, then?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 12/06/16, 12:14 pm

What is an assault rifle? I feel that's just what the news says to catch headlines and that he didn't actually use an automatic rifle
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 12/06/16, 12:15 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:If only there were a good guy in the crowd with an assault rifle. He could have stopped the bad guy in the crows with an assault rifle.

Well the bad guy must have picked a gun free zone by accident.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 12:16 pm

A New York Times article on the "assault weapons myth" - if you think I'm spewing NRA stuff.

The Assault Weapon Myth

And an FBI chart of murders by weapon type:

Multiple victims in a "mass shooting"  at Orlando club.  - Page 3 FBI-Murder-Victims-2013
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/06/16, 12:16 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Yeah, I'm the naive type that is a 70's hippie who just kind of wishes everyone says at some point "you know, assault rifles really are bullshit" and says let's all do this. But fuck, it's not gonna happen. So it's a price we all pay to live in our country.

If you have some machinery knowledge you can build them in your basement; I dated a girl who's father built Jeep mounted machine guns in his basement from scratch. With 3D printing technology getting better pretty soon you won't need any knowledge to build one in your bedroom. Prohibition just never works as it's intended to work.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 12/06/16, 12:18 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Refreshing.

I'm for talking about "real solutions" only to talk through it and end up at "well, can't do anything about it. fuck it."
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 12:18 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:What is an assault rifle? I feel that's just what the news says to catch headlines and that he didn't actually use an automatic rifle

Since 1934 an automatic rifle has been used in *2* murders in the United States.

Full Auto Weapons
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 12/06/16, 12:19 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:What is an assault rifle? I feel that's just what the news says to catch headlines and that he didn't actually use an automatic rifle

Since 1934 an automatic rifle has been used in *2* murders in the United States.

Full Auto Weapons
Cool story bro?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 12/06/16, 12:19 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I'm for talking about "real solutions" only to talk through it and end up at "well, can't do anything about it. fuck it."

So what's the solution? Seizing guns?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 12/06/16, 12:19 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

What is an assault rifle? I feel that's just what the news says to catch headlines and that he didn't actually use an automatic rifle

In real life an assault weapon is a fully automatic rifle. In the eyes of the media an assault weapon is any rifle used in a mass shooting especially if it "scary" looking like the AR-15. The AR-15 looks cool but it ain't no 30-06
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 12:19 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Then give us an example of a "real solution"? This guy passed background checks, he went through a waiting period. What else is there short of confiscation?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 12:20 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Full Auto Weapons
Cool story bro?

Just facts, not hysterical hype. Sorry that seems to upset you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 12/06/16, 12:20 pm

are guns like trucks? The bigger the gun the smaller your cock is?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 12/06/16, 12:21 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Cool story bro?

Just facts, not hysterical hype. Sorry that seems to upset you.

Okay. Cool fact. Relevant.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/06/16, 12:22 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:are guns like trucks? The bigger the gun the smaller your cock is?

Sick burn.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 12/06/16, 12:23 pm

Semi-automatic firearms, by their very function, are assault weapons. Any idiot who wants to argue that an AR-15 is not "technically an assault-rifle" need only look at what someone with a basic level of training, was able to accomplish with one. Over 100 casualties from one individual is an extremely effective assault. So let's stop with with this "they're not assault weapons" nonsense.

Any mass shooting is a terror crime. People are being terrorized by assault weapons on a daily basis. It doesn't matter if it's gays at a nightclub, patients and staff at a clinic, black people at a church service, or people hanging out on a street corner in the city. The terror is the fear of getting randomly gunned down by some nutjob with an assault weapon.

Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/06/16, 12:23 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Go on...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 12/06/16, 12:24 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:are guns like trucks? The bigger the gun the smaller your cock is?

There is probably some of that but I'd say the vast majority of gun owners like shooting sports or value them for home protection.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 12/06/16, 12:26 pm

Gomer wrote:Semi-automatic firearms, by their very function, are assault weapons. Any idiot who wants to argue that an AR-15 is not "technically an assault-rifle" need only look at what someone with a basic level of training, was able to accomplish with one. Over 100 casualties from one individual is an extremely effective assault. So let's stop with with this "they're not assault weapons" nonsense.

Any mass shooting is a terror crime. People are being terrorized by assault weapons on a daily basis. It doesn't matter if it's gays at a nightclub, patients and staff at a clinic, black people at a church service, or people hanging out on a street corner in the city. The terror is the fear of getting randomly gunned down by some nutjob with an assault weapon.

Did you see the FBI statistics Goose posted above? I think more people die from lightning strikes a year than typically by rifle.
If you live in fear of "assault rifles" you shouldn't leave the house.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 12/06/16, 12:27 pm

Gomer wrote:Semi-automatic firearms, by their very function, are assault weapons. Any idiot who wants to argue that an AR-15 is not "technically an assault-rifle" need only look at what someone with a basic level of training, was able to accomplish with one. Over 100 casualties from one individual is an extremely effective assault. So let's stop with with this "they're not assault weapons" nonsense.

So what are automatic rifles? "Super assault" rifles? Should we create a new term? I feel like we need a new term.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 12/06/16, 12:28 pm

So the 30-06 deer rifle is an assault weapon? The Glock 9 pistol is an assault weapon?

Would you try to ban anything short of pump action shotguns, bolt action rifles and revolvers?

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 12/06/16, 12:29 pm

Oh now we can talk about banning lightning strikes yay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next