Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+12
Nordic
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
Rick Saunders
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
16 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 11 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2024-02-21, 15:03

i hope liverpool comes back and wins travis
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 11 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Nordic 2024-02-21, 15:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:i hope liverpool comes back and wins travis

So is this Champions league now?

Been catching the Saturday morning EPL games. But have no idea what is really going on in the standings, games left, etc. Casual observer. And generally get going on about my day before looking it up.

Was at the gym and saw futball on. Barcelona I think.

Any rundown of what I'm watching would be appreciated. Thanks mate.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-02-22, 08:10

With all the injuries, I do admit that my heart sank when Reds went down 0-1 early on. After almost 9 years of Klopp, I should know better by now, but I still felt a bit hopeless at first.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-02-22, 09:16

Little bit worried about Bayern getting rid of Tuchel as re: Xabi. Only they are twatty enough to try to steal the coach that is actively beating them mid season.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-02-22, 09:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Little bit worried about Bayern getting rid of Tuchel as re: Xabi. Only they are twatty enough to try to steal the coach that is actively beating them mid season.

Xabi doesn't really seem to be on their radar at the moment. They seem lazer focused on trying to get Hansi Flick back. I think that would be the better option for them, as Hansi theoretically knows how to scheme and get the best out of the current aging roster, whereas Xabi would probably need a bit more time to build his own roster to get them firing on all cylinders. Bayern have ruined multiple young coaches with their impatience and unwillingness to retool their roster. Kovac and Nieglesmann immediately come to mind, but they all but ran Pep and Carlo out of town as well. I'm hoping Liverpool will have Xabi and his director of football operations locked down well before Bayern look to name a replacement for Tuchel. Bayern also seem to be of the belief that the only coaches that can be successful there are Germans.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2024-02-22, 09:31

Nordic wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:i hope liverpool comes back and wins travis

So is this Champions league now?

Been catching the Saturday morning EPL games. But have no idea what is really going on in the standings, games left, etc. Casual observer. And generally get going on about my day before looking it up.

Was at the gym and saw futball on. Barcelona I think.

Any rundown of what I'm watching would be appreciated. Thanks mate.

that was probably champions league as barca played yesterday.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-02-22, 09:37

It was not champions league, you sassy little rapscallions, just EPL. Liverpool isn’t in champions league this year on account of finishing 5th in the league last year, so they’re in the other one, Europa league, which is always on Thursdays. I don’t think they have a game in that league until mid March or so.

The carabao cup final is Sunday though, always fun when a trophy is on the line, even if it’s the lesser of the trophies available in the season. Liverpool against Chelsea.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-02-22, 09:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It was not champions league, you sassy little rapscallions, just EPL. Liverpool isn’t in champions league this year on account of finishing 5th in the league last year, so they’re in the other one, Europa league, which is always on Thursdays. I don’t think they have a game in that league until mid March or so.

The carabao cup final is Sunday though, always fun when a trophy is on the line, even if it’s the lesser of the trophies available in the season. Liverpool against Chelsea.

It might be a "lesser trophy," but I need to see Jurgen leave Liverpool with all the trophies. I normally don't care about the Carabao Cup. This year, I want it with the intensity of a collapsing star.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-27, 17:01

Turn it up.

[tw]1762560077863772452?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-10, 13:00

Shoulda been a red but whatever you can always count on ederson to go fucking bonkers when playing against Liverpool
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-10, 13:31

Why are city allowed to wear the club World Cup patch in premier league games but when Liverpool won it they weren’t allowed to?

Nvm I probably don’t want to know
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-03-10, 20:21

USWNT in the Gold Cup Finals vs. Brazil

Last edited by Nordic on 2024-03-10, 22:33; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-03-10, 21:01

Mother fucking Horan

1-0
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-03-10, 22:43

1-0 USA over Brazil.

Some good and some bad. Team plays scrappy. Vetarans Horan, Dunn & Williams played their ass off. Liked what I saw out of Albert (haven't seen her before). And Narin is a goat.

But they lack the ball skills is a problem. Especially along the backline. Peak USWNT could control the ball on the backline and smother their opponent. This team simply can not at any level. It started to show the WC and it has not improved. They have to play chaotic football and rely individual skill and other women's teams have caught up.

I'm also a starting be become concerned that our future strikers Trinity, Sophia and Midge just haven't shown that killer instinct. Still young. Still hopeful. But fuck, I didn't see it tonight. I didn't see it in the WC.

On to the Olympics. USA USA USA
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-09, 20:40

2-1 USA USA USA vs Canada (ladies)

Horan --> Dunn --> Rodman --> Sophia Smith

Beautiful play by, what you need to be, your best players
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-09, 20:52

Oh chit. Canada PK Shocked
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-04-09, 21:39

5-4 in penalties USA
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-04-10, 08:19

Concacaf anyone?

Last night Columbus over Tigres 1-1 via shootout.

Commentators made the interesting comment that the MLS is considered to be a more "athletic" league while leagues like LIGA MX are more "tactical" with a slower style of play.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-04-24, 16:59

Thank you Liverpool
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-24, 17:36

Yeah sure whatever
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-27, 13:50

Another absolutely inexcusable referee fuck up today.

It’s getting out of hand. They gotta do something.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-04-27, 15:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Another absolutely inexcusable referee fuck up today.

It’s getting out of hand. They gotta do something.

Which game? Didn't get to catch much but see everton got another much needed 2 points and is inching closer to being safe
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-27, 15:40

Libpool.

The goalie catches the ball. The ref *maybe* calls a foul, but really he is saying play on, but let’s say he calls a foul (there is no foul to call) then he’s definitely saying that he’s calling that west ham has possession so no problem. Regardless, the ball is absolutely live at this point. The goalie, who is wasting time to preserve a tie, throws the ball out in front of himself and starts fucking with his shin guard. A Liverpool player wisely realizes that the ball is in play starts charging at it, but as he gets there the ref blows it dead. Now, the ref probably realizes he fucks up, ran at the goalie and called for the medical team to come look at him, for no reason at all and with no player asking for that, just as an excuse to have blown it dead.

Liverpool have imploded this season and never would have been able to win the league, but between this, the spurs game, and more standard fuck ups like during man city and others, the number of points they’ve been straight robbed of is criminal
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-04-27, 15:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Libpool.

The goalie catches the ball. The ref *maybe* calls a foul, but really he is saying play on, but let’s say he calls a foul (there is no foul to call) then he’s definitely saying that he’s calling that west ham has possession so no problem. Regardless, the ball is absolutely live at this point. The goalie, who is wasting time to preserve a tie, throws the ball out in front of himself and starts fucking with his shin guard. A Liverpool player wisely realizes that the ball is in play starts charging at it, but as he gets there the ref blows it dead. Now, the ref probably realizes he fucks up, ran at the goalie and called for the medical team to come look at him, for no reason at all and with no player asking for that, just as an excuse to have blown it dead.

Liverpool have imploded this season and never would have been able to win the league, but between this, the spurs game, and more standard fuck ups like during man city and others, the number of points they’ve been straight robbed of is criminal

Sounds like quite the circus, or you know just another standard premier league match
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11