Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+12
Nordic
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
Rick Saunders
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
16 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 9 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-16, 23:19

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I was going to say earlier, but figured no one cared, that much if the game felt a lot like last year. Dropping points to another potentially bottom 3 team. But then it turned into very much not that, and I was excited.

Solid observation. The past 2 seasons have been defined by inches. We missed the Prem 2 seasons ago due to draws with the teams we should have stomped, and missed out on the Champion’s League last year for the same reasons. The upgrades in the midfield seem to be just what was needed.
I think I’m in love with Sloboszlai (I’ll get the spelling as the year goes on)

Mostly worried about the defense, as ever. alisson has had to stand on his head more than I’d like so far. I think Virgil is past it just a bit, at least he doesn’t seem to have that same presence he used to. Konate, when healthy, is pretty decent but maybe not that main central cog. And the rest have done stints as backups for a reason. I’d like to see a signing there if we’re at or near the top come January. Reality says that it’s a decent 50/50 shot that it’s Salah’s last year before he joins mane Firmino hendo and Fabinho in the fabulously wealthy ex Liverpool players league, so if there’s a shot this year it’d be nice if they go at it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 9 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-09-17, 03:00

you guys see tottenham? we are winning the fucking league
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-17, 12:56

Arsenal dive dive dive whine whine whine. This is extreme even for the norm
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-09-17, 17:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Solid observation. The past 2 seasons have been defined by inches. We missed the Prem 2 seasons ago due to draws with the teams we should have stomped, and missed out on the Champion’s League last year for the same reasons. The upgrades in the midfield seem to be just what was needed.
I think I’m in love with Sloboszlai (I’ll get the spelling as the year goes on)

Mostly worried about the defense, as ever. alisson has had to stand on his head more than I’d like so far. I think Virgil is past it just a bit, at least he doesn’t seem to have that same presence he used to. Konate, when healthy, is pretty decent but maybe not that main central cog. And the rest have done stints as backups for a reason. I’d like to see a signing there if we’re at or near the top come January. Reality says that it’s a decent 50/50 shot that it’s Salah’s last year before he joins mane Firmino hendo and Fabinho in the fabulously wealthy ex Liverpool players league, so if there’s a shot this year it’d be nice if they go at it

A signing for defense would be ideal - hoping FSG loosens the purse strings a bit in January to give Jürgen a few more pieces. Virgil is slowing down a bit, but I don’t think the impact his leadership on the field has can be understated. Add a couple more players around him and I think we see a stout LFC defense. I agree re: Salah. Personally, if a Saudi club came to LFC with a solid offer in January, I’d say take the money. Better to get something for him than nothing in the summer. Of all the players we lost to Saudi Arabia, Bobby hurt the most. The Bobby Firmino song is still my alarm - I he’ll always be one of my favorites. As long as Reds keep winning the games they are supposed to win, I think we could be in for a fun season. Devastated that we have to wait 3 months to watch the Reds kick ManU’s collective dicks in.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-09-22, 14:48

Not EPL related, but if any of you are in Southeast Michigan, come on out to Hamtramck Saturday night for the Detroit City match if you get tired of watching the MSU secondary getting torched. We just signed a new forward from LA Galaxy II on a loan, so could add a new element of excitement to the match.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-09-22, 21:32

CaptainSlow33 wrote:Not EPL related, but if any of you are in Southeast Michigan, come on out to Hamtramck Saturday night for the Detroit City match if you get tired of watching the MSU secondary getting torched. We just signed a new forward from LA Galaxy II on a loan, so could add a new element of excitement to the match.

It's a bit of a drive for me from Miami, but that's pretty cool. DCFC has a great reputation, even down here. Soccer die hards I know appreciate the true grass roots nature of the club and the awesome fan video that went viral last year (was that at a US Open Cup win, IIRCm), gained a lot of appreciation as well. Lots of people like to see you guys do well. Best of luck!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

CaptainSlow33 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-23, 14:53

Everton 3 points!
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-09-24, 10:19

FUCK ARSENAL
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-09-30, 08:12

hi travis. i'm excited for the match! COYS
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-30, 08:18

Eat shit and die, respectfully. You’re about to get Szoboszlai’ed

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 9 3736653-76022988-2560-1440
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-30, 12:40

Richarlidson is soccers Taylor lewan

He was a bitch I hated in college (Everton) he’s a bitch that I hate still now that he’s in the pros. There are only so many guys that I’ll continue hating on into their pro careers after college, and lewan and Richardlidson are two of them
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-30, 13:07

Well this all feels quite match fixey doesn’t it? Red card debatable whatever but that was never ever offside
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-30, 14:37

The nice thing about the Saudi league is that everyone is bought by the Saudis, so at least it’s fair. I honestly don’t know that I’ve ever seen such a nakedly corrupt sporting event.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-09-30, 14:41

IM LOVING BIG ANGE INSTEAD
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-30, 14:45

Don’t be proud of yourself otpt, you know that was an absolute load of horseshit. Both red cards were utter bullshit, and that goal was absolutely 100% onside, like not even close to off.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-30, 14:47

Ref was just throwing around yellows to everyone for no reason for a bit there, just waiting to give someone a second one. Don’t forget the yellow to Salah for doing absolutely nothing just like a minute before. There were so many obviously corrupt calls that things like that will get lost in the noise of the more obviously terrible ones. But there were so, so many little shitty calls in that game that you can’t convince me they didn’t have an agenda
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-30, 14:51

Everton at home come on man lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-30, 16:23

[tw]1708199879493779508?t=krhoUXXBA2ngkhJuuJgHIA&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-30, 16:43

Game should be replayed. They never, ever, ever in a million years, will do that. But between that and the 7 red cards they gave out erroneously the points shouldn’t be allowed to stand as they are.

But whatever, given that Liverpool gets to actually have 11 players for an entire game (that’s the third time they’ve had 10 for a significant portion of the game, 1 of which was acknowledged as another oppsie doodle by the refs) then I like this teams chances of doing something. They’re mentally tough.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-30, 17:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Game should be replayed. They never, ever, ever in a million years, will do that. But between that and the 7 red cards they gave out erroneously the points shouldn’t be allowed to stand as they are.

But whatever, given that Liverpool gets to actually have 11 players for an entire game (that’s the third time they’ve had 10 for a significant portion of the game, 1 of which was acknowledged as another oppsie doodle by the refs) then I like this teams chances of doing something. They’re mentally tough.

I think the stolen two points should be given to Everton
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-09-30, 17:55

[tw]1708238402041033086?t=Raqc6712Y_k3il4oQU7M6A&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-09-30, 21:34

aualum06 wrote:[tw]1708199879493779508?t=krhoUXXBA2ngkhJuuJgHIA&s=19[/tw]

Ya fucking think? Absolute disgrace.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-01, 02:23

would have to see the lines drawn for offsides

the cards were being thrown everywhere

ps the tears are a bit much Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 9 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-01, 07:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:would have to see the lines drawn for offsides

the cards were being thrown everywhere

ps the tears are a bit much Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 9 502811600
you’re clueless on this. 

Tottenham won’t finish any higher than 6th btw. Enjoy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-01, 09:45

Liverpool must be the first team in the history to be screwed by VAR with how you’re reacting. Thoughts and prayers.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-01, 11:06

You’re talking about just the one call. It’s so much more than that. It’s multiple reds, both being utterly ridiculous. Did you know a Tottenham player absolutely 100% should have been given a second yellow? I’m sure you didn’t, or you choose to ignore it conveniently. What about the penalty that was missed? Whoopsie doodles. It wasn’t one bad call, it was an absolutely absurd farce from beginning to end.

Did you know that the refs for this game were reffing a game in UAE on Thursday? Huh, that’s funny, that’s the country that owns man city, the team that would have dropped to second with a Liverpool win. Wild coincidence that they made call after call after call to the point of absurdity against Liverpool in that game I’m sure.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-01, 11:15

so it's rigged?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-01, 11:19

Is it? I dunno. It felt like someone was being paid. Usually just being bad is bad both ways, but this wasn’t that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-01, 13:17

i'm sure you will get some officiating breaks as well this season. good luck the rest of the way!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-10-01, 13:32

Whether anyone thinks the gane was actually fixed or not, it should be a MAJOR concern for any fan if PL refs are taking side jobs from the owners of PL teams.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-01, 13:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:i'm sure you will get some officiating breaks as well this season. good luck the rest of the way!
It’s not breaks man.

Whatever though, good showing against 9 men. Really thought that was a super impressive team/coaching job I watched.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-01, 14:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:i'm sure you will get some officiating breaks as well this season. good luck the rest of the way!
It’s not breaks man.

Whatever though, good showing against 9 men. Really thought that was a super impressive team/coaching job I watched.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 9 502811600

It’s not breaks. You’re not sure if it’s it’s rigged or not. Okay.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-05, 02:50

[tw]1709796683926691990[/tw]
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-05, 05:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
It’s not breaks man.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 9 502811600

Did you listen to the audio man? Nah, probably not. Pretty fucked.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-05, 07:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Did you listen to the audio man? Nah, probably not. Pretty fucked.

yeah i did. seemed like quite the fuck up. human error. i'm sure y'all have benefited from it before (see above). wonder if the wolves will call a replay of that game. or the spurs since the hand ball rule has changed from the UCL final.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-05, 08:35

Oh yeah no fooooor sure human error 

Why do you think that ref was banned from reffing Liverpool games the rest of the season? Any thoughts? I mean, it should be all games if it’s human error, right? He’s susceptible to fucking up other teams. Or he was obviously targeting one team in particular.

Anyway you keep focusing on only the one call, because that’s what you read tells you to do. I’m sure they don’t tell you that one of your players absolutely 100% should have gotten a second yellow, without a shadow of doubt. 

Hey I have an idea, let’s play “who got a yellow?” See if you can get it, it’s a doozy. The ball is in the air, do you think the yellow went to a) the player playing the ball or b) the player looking for contact?

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 9 A007bf10

Ah shoot. If you said b, you’re wrong! And hey a is the same guy that got intentionally elbowed in the face by a ref last year and there was no punishment for it but hey I’m sure everything is on the up and up those are all human error too. 

You sound like a blue and should be embarrassed by yourself. If it is as bad as all of the different fuck ups that both you and I can point out, then it shouldn’t be accepted as “human error” that’s absurd. They need to be better. But, this is worse than that, it’s systemic and almost certainly corrupt.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-05, 09:55

so you’re back to saying it’s rigged?

the blue is the one still whining about poor officiating.

was the wolves game where you benefited rigged?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-07, 09:42

top of the table
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-07, 09:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:so you’re back to saying it’s rigged?

the blue is the one still whining about poor officiating.

was the wolves game where you benefited rigged?
I never wavered from yeah it was probably corrupt, other than at one point where I said that I can’t definitively say that they were handed money from the UAE, just more than likely.

The blue is the one that is not recognizing that this was obviously very bad, significantly worse than simply being bad calls, just because it benefitted your team. Which is pathetic otpt.

Nice dominant win against Luton. No better than 6th.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-10-07, 13:51

3 more points!!
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next