Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+12
Nordic
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
Rick Saunders
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
16 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-08-07, 15:47

Enjoyed watching the Glazer Family walk of shame leaving Old Trafford after watching their team Manchester United lose to Brighton 2-1 this morning.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by aualum06 2022-08-07, 22:01

There is no way Everton is staying up
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-08-08, 07:46

Nordic wrote:For Nigel. The game winner was sweat good.

Yeah. They needed a win bad. They miss Miles Robinson.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-08-13, 09:04

We need to get this color kit if we play at night in AA.  

[tw]1558007886088994816[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-08-13, 09:05

Oh boy 0 goals on the season yet
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-08-13, 09:18

Own goal after terrible defending to give up goal 2 lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-08-13, 13:17

Brentford 4
Man U 0

Halftime lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-08-13, 14:16

The Gunners looked good today beating Leicester City 4-2.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-08-13, 14:33

aualum06 wrote:Brentford 4
Man U 0

Halftime lol

I guess we can skip that color.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-08-13, 21:39

[tw]1558501652864409602?s=21&t=yM-Ttcq2znX59mdNFXhcDA[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-08-14, 07:19

DWags wrote:[tw]1558501652864409602?s=21&t=yM-Ttcq2znX59mdNFXhcDA[/tw]

Fair assessment after that game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-08-14, 11:06

That clip is a few years old, but it still rings true.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-08-14, 13:50

[tw]1558870872823324672[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-08-14, 15:35

I’d go to war for conte
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-08-22, 09:23

Morning Miami
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-08-22, 19:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Morning Miami

Evening Travis. How was your afternoon? Anything exciting happen in the big relegation battle between two (previously) winless teams?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-08-22, 19:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Morning Miami

Evening Travis. How was your afternoon? Anything exciting happen in the big relegation battle between two (previously) winless teams?

No
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-08-22, 22:05

trav whats wrong with liverpool
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-08-22, 22:36

Lots and lots of injuries but also even without that they need probably two midfielders. I mean James Milner played 70 minutes for fucks sake
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-09-03, 09:41

Ha ha you've got to suck to pretend you're good and draw Everton
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-03, 09:50

Eh I don’t know if anyone is pretending Liverpool is good at this point. There are all sorts of problems right now
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-09-03, 09:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Eh I don’t know if anyone is pretending Liverpool is good at this point. There are all sorts of problems right now

They are definitely not in good form
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-07, 15:54

Good lord Liverpool are terrible now. It’d be fascinating to find out why if I didn’t want to just ignore the rest of the season so badly.

It can’t be just losing mane, it’s not all a matter of not scoring enough, though that’s part of it. Huge midfield problems, a result of relying on two off injured (and currently injured) players and not having much beyond that. Defense has injuries too, but Van Dijk who is playing is more of a liability than the other CB spot where all the injuries are. Generally getting old is part of it but these dudes are 3 months removed from being a couple of goals away from winning the quadruple.

Anyway I don’t know. Hopefully they can finish top 4, sign the Bellingham that I think they probably mortgaged this season to be able to do next year instead of getting someone else now, and right the ship next year.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-09-28, 13:24

[tw]1574936212821114881[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-09-30, 08:07

Soccer School Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 1486952199

[tw]1575653558417993729[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-10, 00:16

travis i know it's early but any thoughts where liverpool ends up?

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Screen13
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-10, 00:27

I have no idea. Diaz got hurt today. I don’t know how serious it is but it sounds not great. 

Little bit of a tid bit on Klopp- he has a history of hitting a wall at 7 years. He has 2 professional coaching gigs in the past, first at Mainz second at Dortmond. For Mainz he got them promoted, had a decent spell in the bundesliga but hit a wall after 7 years and left. At Dortmund he was the only team to beat Bayern in forever and since. Winning two straight bundesligas and making the champions league final, but hit a wall in year 7 and finished like 8th then left. 

He was hired at Liverpool 7 years ago yesterday. So he might be hitting that same wall right now. I think it means that he doesn’t do great with player replenishment and shows too much loyalty to guys that need to get replaced, so when the tread is done on their tires he hits a wall. Now, that said, I’d rather sell every single player on the team and keep him to rebuild it than get rid of him. Dortmund probably wishes they had done that at the time instead of moving on. But there needs to be some amount of change to right the ship that probably won’t happen until the summer.

As far as where they’ll finish- I dunno they’ll probably pull it back together somewhat and knock on the door for top 4, but I’ll say that they’ll end up 5th or 6th and have to look in the mirror a bit in June.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-10, 08:29

I don't think Dortmund had a choice, didn't Klopp choose to leave? I guess I don't know if there was pressure internally, though.

How many total matches did you guys play last year? Going deep into 4 competitions is an awful lot of football when you don't have the kind of depth that City has (no one has that kind of depth). Especially with the high intensity style that Klopp demands.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-10, 09:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:I don't think Dortmund had a choice, didn't Klopp choose to leave?  I guess I don't know if there was pressure internally, though.

How many total matches did you guys play last year?  Going deep into 4 competitions is an awful lot of football when you don't have the kind of depth that City has (no one has that kind of depth).  Especially with the high intensity style that Klopp demands.
Officially he resigned, but I think Dortmund were completely comfortable with that and not kicking and screaming about it.

And yeah, a lot of games last year probably doesn’t help too much. Hopefully much of the team doesn’t get selected for World Cup squads. A month off in the middle of the season would be very helpful
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-14, 08:47

Watching Wrexham show... what's with the man bras the players wear?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-14, 08:49

It like keeps stats and shit. Heart rate, miles run, speed, etc
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-26, 22:49

miami and or trav - did you see the spurs get fucked today?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-26, 22:54

I saw that Kane cheated and they tied in the end. Oh and your manager acted like a buffoon screaming and yelling at refs what kind of monster manager does that? Embarrassing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-26, 23:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I saw that Kane cheated and they tied in the end. Oh and your manager acted like a buffoon screaming and yelling at refs what kind of monster manager does that? Embarrassing.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 ConsiderateUnrulyHoatzin-size_restricted
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-26, 23:02

good to see video replay ruin another sport.

"clear and obvious" and they look at it for what 4 minutes with MS paint lines drawn everywhere and then determine that it's clear and obvious enough to overturn.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-26, 23:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I saw that Kane cheated and they tied in the end. Oh and your manager acted like a buffoon screaming and yelling at refs what kind of monster manager does that? Embarrassing.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 ConsiderateUnrulyHoatzin-size_restricted

That was a joke bro this was 10 days ago

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Image-73

As for replay I still maintain that refs and replay booths and anyone in an official capacity should only be able to watch a limited number of times and only at full speed, no slowing down frame by frame. If it wasn’t obvious enough after a few views then don’t change the call
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-26, 23:16

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 502811600 I didn't see klopp melt down unfortunately
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-27, 06:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:good to see video replay ruin another sport.

"clear and obvious" and they look at it for what 4 minutes with MS paint lines drawn everywhere and then determine that it's clear and obvious enough to overturn.

It's an automated system with offsides. Kind of like the goal line technology. It isn't something that they look at to interpret, but is computerized to give a clear yes or no, even if it's a millimeter. So I wouldn't say they got screwed, but I absolutely agree that VAR/replay is awful. It isn't like being very barely, technically, in an offside position gave Kane an advantage (same with most really tight offsides), so the spirit of the rule really gets lost in all this.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-27, 06:47

OTPT, I do have to give Conte credit for this, both in saying it and then telling reporters what he said. Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 502811600
Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 2 Img_0110
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-27, 15:16

One dead and Arsenal star hurt in Italy stabbing https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63421228
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next