Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+12
Nordic
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
Rick Saunders
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
16 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 10 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by aualum06 2023-10-21, 09:30

Liverpool doesn't really need the one sided officiating they get every weekend
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 10 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-21, 10:21

au that’s provably nonsense
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-10-21, 12:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:au that’s provably nonsense

It probably is I didn't really watch once I saw at halftime young was a moron and got two yellows
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-21, 13:37

Yeah there’s actually kind of a wild stat about that… it’s the first time that a player has gotten two yellows playing against Liverpool since Sadio mane while at southampton pre Liverpool. Sadio started playing for Liverpool in 2016
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-10-22, 02:00

Late to the party, but between waking up to see the Reds pantsing the Blue Shites in the Derby and Detroit City pulling off a playoff win, today ended up being a pretty alright day.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-10-22, 18:24

Congratulations to the MSU Women’s Soccer team on locking up back to back Big Ten titles!
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-22, 19:28

CaptainSlow33 wrote:Congratulations to the MSU Women’s Soccer team on locking up back to back Big Ten titles!
Almost like the only shitshow in the whole athletic department is football.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-10-23, 16:52

Tottenham.. still top of the table!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-10-29, 11:07

Suck it west ham
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-11-17, 09:38

Blue Shites receive an immediate 10 points reduction from the Prem for breaches of the profit and sustainability rules. As funny as it would be to see Everton lose 10 points, this feels a bit heavy handed given how quiet the league has been regarding Man Shitty and Chelsea. Hard to punish one without going after the others.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67448714
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-11-17, 10:51

I suppose it remains to be seen what they’ll do about city. Lol jk they’ll do nothing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-11-26, 11:34

Shocked Man U goal
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-11-26, 14:02

Nordic wrote:Shocked Man U goal
Unbelievable. It will take something special to top that for PL goal of the season. Kid is just 19 years old.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-12-02, 12:28

Turned on this UEFA Euro 2024 drawing show. What in the actual fuck. Could they make this more complicated? They have pots, groups, lottery balls. The actual show is even more ridiculous, they are all dressed up, have singers, etc. It's like the Emmy's. It is so absurd I can't turn it off.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-02, 13:11

Draws are fun nordy. I think we should do the same thing some time for the ncaa tourney and see what happens. Fuck the committee, give me ping pong balls that randomize all 64 teams and may the odds be ever in izzos favor
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-12-02, 14:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Draws are fun nordy. I think we should do the same thing some time for the ncaa tourney and see what happens. Fuck the committee, give me ping pong balls that randomize all 64 teams and may the odds be ever in izzos favor

I admit it sucked me in. More so for the ludicrousness of the production. Everyone in suits and super serious. People in the crowd taking notes (wtf are the taking notes on?). Coaches nodding their heads with surly looks on their faces.

Once I figured out wtf they were doing, the selection process was actually pretty cool idea.

Netherlands draws France again. Neutral
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-12-02, 20:41

Nordic wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Draws are fun nordy. I think we should do the same thing some time for the ncaa tourney and see what happens. Fuck the committee, give me ping pong balls that randomize all 64 teams and may the odds be ever in izzos favor

I admit it sucked me in. More so for the ludicrousness of the production. Everyone in suits and super serious. People in the crowd taking notes (wtf are the taking notes on?). Coaches nodding their heads with surly looks on their faces.

Once I figured out wtf they were doing, the selection process was actually pretty cool idea.

Netherlands draws France again. Neutral

We know why you were drawn too it

[tw]1731007843686371676?t=KE0S5ADOyX5TMmSeXcjsDQ&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-12-23, 09:57

4 clean sheets in a row AU? COYS
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-12-23, 10:27

:)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-12-23, 11:16

England and Belgium are playing at Wembley Stadium when I’m in London in March. Should I go?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-23, 12:21

Yes
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-12-27, 08:05

Motown Spartan wrote:England and Belgium are playing at Wembley Stadium when I’m in London in March.  Should I go?

Absolutely yes.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-01-26, 06:42

Noooooooooooooooooooo
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-01-26, 06:43

If Xabi Alonso takes the job, the might work out ok (former Liverpool star, current manager of first place Leverkusen). Outside of that though, fuckin hell
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2024-01-26, 09:29

Sorry, Travis.  It's not something I'm going to celebrate, because it doesn't mean that the next manager won't do as good or even better.  

It's wild that my two biggest sports rivals lost their championship winning coaches within a couple of days.  But at least I respect what Klopp achieved. Harbaugh leaving is more like if Pep leaves, as both of their success was strongly helped by massive cheating.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-01-26, 10:26

They started the same time too. Klopp’s first game was the morning of trouble with the snap
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-01-29, 09:14

I woke up Friday, and the announcement was the first thing I saw. I took a sick day and went back to bed. No way that the day could possibly get better after a blow like that.

I could write a book about what Jurgen means to me. It would be very long, boring, and no one would ever read it, but the point is that I could write it. He was made for Liverpool, and Liverpool was made for him. He isn't just a really good manager, he's everything you look for in a leader. If the boys don't ball out as hard as they can and get Jurgen at least 3 of the 4 trophies we are currently chasing, I'm going to be very disappointed. Jurgen deserves to go out on top. My hope is that Jurgen ends up with the German National Team. It would break my heart to see him on the touchline for another club. If he absolutely MUST go to another club, I hope he goes back to Mainz or Dortmund - maybe St Pauli. It'd be a fitting way for him to close out a legendary career.

Having said that, next manager has to be Xabi. What he is currently doing at Leverkusen is nothing short of a miracle. I don't know what the table will look like at the end of the season, but right now they are up 2 points on Bayern, and they are looking incredible doing it. If they can hold on and be the ones to break Bayern's streak of Bundesliga titles? That would be massive. I feel like Xabi is the closest we'll come to "next Klopp" of all the potential managers out there.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-01-31, 15:48

There’s an athletic article this morning about what klopps next move might be. On the list of options is USMNT manager, but they say that the us soccer federation couldn’t afford him.

I don’t know how the finances work, but biden should make it so the soccer federation can tax billionaires however much they need to pay off Greg to go away and hire klopp. I will vote for whichever candidate makes hiring klopp to the usmnt central to their platform.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-01-31, 15:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There’s an athletic article this morning about what klopps next move might be. On the list of options is USMNT manager, but they say that the us soccer federation couldn’t afford him.

I don’t know how the finances work, but biden should make it so the soccer federation can tax billionaires however much they need to pay off Greg to go away and hire klopp. I will vote for whichever candidate makes hiring klopp to the usmnt central to their platform.

As much as that would give me an excuse to finally cheer for the USMNT, I would hate to see the USSF ruin Jurgen's career. I think if he goes with a national team, it will be the German National Team or England. Reading the comments sections of articles about him leaving, fans of other prem clubs are coming out of the woodwork to express their respect and warm feelings for him. If he took over England, he would be immediately embraced.

Bayern fans are convinced that he is leaving LFC to eventually take over Bayern. I think there is a better chance that he will take over Mainz, but I feel confident that there is no way he would slap Dortmund in the face like that. I'm thinking it's going to be a national team for him - less of an overwhelming time commitment than a major club.

That said:

Oh, he wears the number 20,
He will take us to victory,
And when he’s running down the left wing,
He’ll cut inside and score for LFC.
He’s a lad from Portugal,
Better than Figo don’t you know,
Oh, his name is Diogo!
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-01-31, 15:57

There’s no way he’d go to Bayern. 

It’ll most likely be Germany. Which is fine.

But. Maybe we could get the us soccer federation to fuck off while we’re taxing billionaires. That’d do it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

CaptainSlow33 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-01-31, 16:02

Nunez taking a penalty instead of McAllister is a choice you can make, I guess.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2024-01-31, 16:13

why is klopp leaving liverpool?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-01-31, 16:14

Ideally I'd like to see another couple goals. I've seen Chelsea give us too many problems for a 2 goal lead to feel comfortable.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-01-31, 16:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:why is klopp leaving liverpool?

The reason Klopp himself gave is that he doesn't feel like he has the energy to do the job well after this season. He is an honest person, so I have no reason to doubt him.

Some fan theories include health issues, FSG fucking shit up, and a Netflix film crew doing a documentary on the team in the final push of the season.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-01-31, 16:19

Needs a break. He’s done the same thing twice before. Stayed a Liverpool longer then anywhere else but he likes to take a year off from time to time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-01-31, 16:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Needs a break. He’s done the same thing twice before. Stayed a Liverpool longer then anywhere else but he likes to take a year off from time to time

Also probably wants to give the German National Team job a bit of time to open up.

I just really hope he never coaches at another club. I would gladly cheer for him wherever he goes, but seeing him coach another club would feel wrong. Like when Rafa was at Everton, but way way worse.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2024-02-03, 08:26

Richy dialed in AU
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-02-03, 09:28

Gooooaaaaalllllll
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-02-03, 09:33

Another big point that the premiere league can bullshit take away for some dumbass fake crap
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-02-04, 16:30

Meh

[tw]1754248837688852736?t=KfGA8h_MeC0hl8IaTGQoWg&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next