Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

+32
xsanguine
MSU addict
Tim Wakefield
Snake Plissken
Blanch32
tTito
tanfan!
Brock Middlebrook
Cym Jim
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
StylesGShmooth
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
LoneWolfSparty
steveschneider
Marc Summers
Gomer
Rodeo Burger
Cameron
SpartanInNH
Travis of the Cosmos
Heat Miser
36 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 Empty Re: Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-04-09, 15:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Or for the fact there are like 800k cops in the USA or whatever and maybe only a couple dozen fvck up like this annually?

What are the odds?  Do those statistics show some massive problem?
Yes. Yes they do.

The question was why do we have so many bad cops. The obvious answer is that we are recruiting high school, maybe community college educated people then giving them power and a gun. No shit they are going to make questionable decisions.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 12crimeclock

The cops are not the problem here, the criminals are. There have been approx. 12,000,000 arrests made EACH YEAR going back five years. There are between 1,200,000-1,400,000 violent crimes reported each year. The cops are far out numbered in high crime areas.

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 Empty Re: Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

Post by tTito 2015-04-09, 15:10

CheesySpartan wrote:
Yes. Yes they do.

The question was why do we have so many bad cops. The obvious answer is that we are recruiting high school, maybe community college educated people then giving them power and a gun. No shit they are going to make questionable decisions.

The cops are not the problem here, the criminals are. There have been approx. 12,000,000 arrests made EACH YEAR going back five years. There are between 1,200,000-1,400,000 violent crimes reported each year. The cops are far out numbered in high crime areas.

Stop it. That doesn't fit the knee-jerk rhetoric.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-09, 15:11

CheesySpartan wrote:
Yes. Yes they do.

The cops are not the problem here, the criminals are.  There have been approx. 12,000,000 arrests made EACH YEAR going back five years.  There are between 1,200,000-1,400,000 violent crimes reported each year.  The cops are far out numbered in high crime areas.

Yeah. Those fuckers and their broken taillights.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-09, 15:12

CheesySpartan wrote:

The cops are not the problem here, the criminals are.  There have been approx. 12,000,000 arrests made EACH YEAR going back five years.  There are between 1,200,000-1,400,000 violent crimes reported each year.  The cops are far out numbered in high crime areas.

in his defense, he may have been armed with Skittles.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-09, 15:31

StylesGShmooth wrote:By the way, much respect to the office that helped today when I got a flat tire on the road side. There's plenty of great people in law enforcement. I have quite a few family and friends in the industry. The fact that the awful ones get away with doing awful shit is disgusting though and the good ones shouldn't be standing by their side. They should be the main ones trying to weed these terrible people out of their field.

One word: unions. Fwiw probably the only color blind social system we got
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-09, 15:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
in his defense, he may have been armed with Skittles.

Still riding out this lie?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-09, 16:36

Shocker...the cop might be a bit trigger happy with the taser.

North Charleston Man Filed Abuse Complaint Officer Michael Slager in 2013
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-09, 16:58

The_Dude wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

But why does it seem so many Darwin alumni end up as cops? Clearly that's a danger to the general populace, particularly the black populace.

Because you listen to the media hype.

The real crime in America is black on black violence. The numbers are mind numbing.

What the fuck does one have to do with the other?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-09, 17:15

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

But why does it seem so many Darwin alumni end up as cops? Clearly that's a danger to the general populace, particularly the black populace.

The real crime in America is black on black violence. The numbers are mind numbing.

Nothing
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-09, 17:29

Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Nothing
I'm watching the dash cam video of your sweet innocent victim getting pulled over and then lie to the police about ownership of the vehicle before fleeing and alluding.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-09, 17:30

Snake Plissken wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Nothing
I'm watching the dash cam video of your sweet innocent victim getting pulled over and then lie to the police about ownership of the vehicle before fleeing and alluding.

Death penalty for that? Seems extreme.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-09, 18:05

Snake Plissken wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Nothing

I can see why you love being a mod. You seem like a guy who loves a good power trip.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-09, 18:12

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Because we are stereotyping very large groups of people based on their occupation, race, socio-economic position etc.... Don't you get it????????
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-09, 18:15

tTito wrote:
Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Because we are stereotyping very large groups of people based on their occupation, race, socio-economic position etc.... Don't you get it????????

Uh, no we're not. Clearly, you and a few others would like to turn it into that, but no, we're not.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-09, 18:18

Heat Miser wrote:
tTito wrote:

Uh, no we're not. Clearly, you and a few others would like to turn it into that, but no, we're not.

Oh, ok. Fuck the police. Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 1431518612
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-09, 18:20

tTito wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
tTito wrote:

Oh, ok. Fuck the police. Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 1431518612

Pretty sure you're the only one who has said that ITT. Congrats. You're the lead stereotyper.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-09, 18:37

Look Heat, I really appreciate what you do to keep this board afloat, seriously. It's a great venue to kill some time and engage in sports talk and some banter. The fact that you repeatedly post threads about police misconduct, however is concerning.

I'm sorry about whatever it is that a police officer did to you to cause the hatred. Maybe you got busted for a little weed. Maybe a DUI and the cop was an jerk, I don't know. I know that I have been around the block a few time and the police have never been anything other than an asset.

There are between 1.2 and 1.4 million VIOLENT crimes committed in this great country every year, we are better off with police than without them. They are like everyone else, some good, some not so much.

The cop in this case was absolutely wrong and deserves what he gets. I hope you have peace in your life, and whatever triggered your hatred is put to rest.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-09, 19:01

tTito wrote:Look Heat, I really appreciate what you do to keep this board afloat, seriously. It's a great venue to kill some time and engage in sports talk and some banter. The fact that you repeatedly post threads about police misconduct, however is concerning.

I'm sorry about whatever it is that a police officer did to you to cause the hatred. Maybe you got busted for a little weed. Maybe a DUI and the cop was an jerk, I don't know. I know that I have been around the block a few time and the police have never been anything other than an asset.

There are between 1.2 and 1.4 million VIOLENT crimes committed in this great country every year, we are better off with police than without them. They are like everyone else, some good, some not so much.

The cop in this case was absolutely wrong and deserves what he gets. I hope you have peace in your life, and whatever triggered your hatred is put to rest.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 502811600 I've never had a problem with a cop in my life. Then again, I'm white. I have a BIL, SIL, & FIL who are all retired cops. Save your faux sympathy for someone who needs it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-09, 19:05

Heat Miser wrote:
tTito wrote:Look Heat, I really appreciate what you do to keep this board afloat, seriously. It's a great venue to kill some time and engage in sports talk and some banter. The fact that you repeatedly post threads about police misconduct, however is concerning.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 502811600 I've never had a problem with a cop in my life. Then again, I'm white. I have a BIL, SIL, & FIL who are all retired cops. Save your faux sympathy for someone who needs it.

Your BIL, SIL, FIL would be ashamed to read what you post here.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-09, 19:08

Snake Plissken wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Nothing

Worthy of eight bullets in the back IMO.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-09, 19:11

tTito wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 502811600 You'd be surprised how much they agree with me. But you shouldn't be.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-09, 19:12

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:I'm watching the dash cam video of your sweet innocent victim getting pulled over and then lie to the police about ownership of the vehicle before fleeing and alluding.

You are correct. That cop is an asshole and he gets what's coming to him. Went to the gun waaaaaay too early. He should have pursued him and tackled him and fought to cuff him. Why are we discussing this on an MSU sports message board?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-09, 19:13

tTito wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

. Why are we discussing this on an MSU sports message board?  
I mean.... You're the one keeping this conversation alive at this point. You could just stop you know.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-09, 19:16

tTito wrote:

. Why are we discussing this on an MSU sports message board?  
I mean.... You're the one keeping this conversation alive at this point. You could just stop you know.

No, you bumped this, why?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-09, 19:18

tTito wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You are correct. That cop is an asshole and he gets what's coming to him. Went to the gun waaaaaay too early. He should have pursued him and tackled him and fought to cuff him. Why are we discussing this on an MSU sports message board?

Because the only other option is to discuss Harbuagh and UM
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-09, 19:19

tTito wrote:

No, you bumped this,  why?
Yeah, I bumped it about 45 seconds after your post. Goddamn you're a douchebag.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-04-09, 19:19

Heat Miser wrote:
tTito wrote:

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 502811600 You'd be surprised how much they agree with me. But you shouldn't be.

Oh, so now you're a cop guy with relatives to back it up right?

LAME.

Why don't you just tell us why you hate law enforcement. What were charged with? plead guilty? Jail? BE HONEST!
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-09, 19:40

tTito wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Don't read the thread?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-04-09, 20:22

Snake Plissken wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Nothing
"Whitey" Ford is Singing the Blues in the background. Coincidence? I think not.

On a serious note though:
Heat Miser wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

That's why he is being charged with murder.

Dude also doesn't have the cleanest past.

Oh, and the "unclean" past you're referring to is 10 arrests for non-payment of child support [yawn]. But we all know that's a "gateway crime" Rolling Eyes .
And assault and battery, and possession of a bludgeon.

The cop will probably get hit with manslaughter and should. He made a bad, split second decision after the guy knocked the taser out of his hands.

But c'mon people. I'm not going to feel sorry for someone who got shot after engaging an officer physically and resisting arrest. Not even a little bit. Black, white, purple, whatever.

This isn't playground cops and robbers. I don't want to live in a world where the bad guys have the liberty to put the lives of those enforcing the law in danger. I'd much rather that guy get shot than someone dying when they get t-boned by a cruiser rushing to provide backup because some jackass wants to fight and try to escape.

Trayvon Martin was murder. This, not as much.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-09, 20:35

StylesGShmooth wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

The real crime in America is black on black violence.  The numbers are mind numbing.

Ah yes, the black on black crime myth always pops up at time like this when, as usual, it has nothing to do with the discussion.  94% of black victims were killed by black perpetrators.  Only 86% of white victims were killed by white perpetrators.  That 8% is probably why no one ever mentions white on white crime.  Dude, much like our country, our cirme is pretty segregated too.

What is the myth? Because he wasn't referring to black on white crime or white on black crime.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-09, 20:41

Gomer wrote:

Suspect
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-09, 21:02

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:wait a second.. an unarmed black kid murdered by a cop??

50 year old man driving a Mercedes in this case.

The Police Are America's Terrorists

The killings of minorities by police are instructive in this regard, not because all policemen are violent racists or murderers (the vast majority are neither) or because they are personally responsible for killing large numbers of black and brown people (they aren't), but because they are agents of the state, and so their actions, and the consequences they face, serve as a sort of index of the public will....

Police have the latitude to kill citizens, and are only rarely convicted of any wrongdoing for doing so. In South Carolina alone, where Slager killed Scott, officers have shot at citizens on at least 210 occasions over the last five years without a single one being convicted of breaking a law. It's a victory in itself that Slager was charged with murder, but he was charged only after video was uncovered of the officer shooting a black man in the back.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 3493939353
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-04-09, 21:14

Gomer wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:I'm watching the dash cam video of your sweet innocent victim getting pulled over and then lie to the police about ownership of the vehicle before fleeing and alluding.

Heat Miser wrote:

Oh, and the "unclean" past you're referring to is 10 arrests for non-payment of child support [yawn]. But we all know that's a "gateway crime" Rolling Eyes .

The cop will probably get hit with manslaughter and should. He made a bad, split second decision after the guy knocked the taser out of his hands.

But c'mon people. I'm not going to feel sorry for someone who got shot after engaging an officer physically and resisting arrest. Not even a little bit. Black, white, purple, whatever.

This isn't playground cops and robbers. I don't want to live in a world where the bad guys have the liberty to put the lives of those enforcing the law in danger. I'd much rather that guy get shot than someone dying when they get t-boned by a cruiser rushing to provide backup because some jackass wants to fight and try to escape.

I saw an interview on CNN earlier tonight where the guy they were talking to suggested the officer should have called for backup and let him run away.

At this point we have no idea if he's armed or not. He gave the officer some form of ID (I believe) and said the car wasn't his (although his family says it is) and then took off running. A reasonable person can assume the officer tasered him and he broke free again. It's the only unknown between the 2 videos. Why would you do all of that over unpaid child support?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-09, 21:22

Snake Plissken wrote:
Gomer wrote:

I saw an interview on CNN earlier tonight where the guy they were talking to suggested the officer should have called for backup and let him run away.

At this point we have no idea if he's armed or not. He gave the officer some form of ID (I believe) and said the car wasn't his (although his family says it is) and then took off running. A reasonable person can assume the officer tasered him and he broke free again. It's the only unknown between the 2 videos. Why would you do all of that over unpaid child support?

Because you thought an unjust judicial system would incarcerate you for months, turning your daily existence to ashes, crushing your hopes for a new life with your fiancee?

Seriously, Snake, you're better than this. Think a minute, man.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-04-09, 21:30

SpartanInNH wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

Because you thought an unjust judicial system would incarcerate you for months, turning your daily existence to ashes, crushing your hopes for a new life with your fiancee?
You'd think that fears like that would be a strong motivator to adhere to basic laws regarding registering and insuring the vehicle in which you're driving around town.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-09, 21:36

Gomer wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

You'd think that fears like that would be a strong motivator to adhere to basic laws regarding registering and insuring the vehicle in which you're driving around town.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 4 Troll-Doll-troll-dolls-1353646-302-450
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-09, 21:50

Heat Miser wrote:

Fwiw I've only had problems with cops in el. Only a matter of time bf this happens there....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-04-09, 22:30

Heat Miser wrote:
tTito wrote:

Actually Heat I would be. I've been around police officers and their families my entire life and based on the 100's of conversations I have been involved in I am 100% confident the officers I know would disagree with you. Many of these officers work in high crime areas where they are literally risking their lives daily.  For us to judge them without being in their situation daily for years is unfair IMHO.  I'm not defending bad rogue cops, but to paint them all with a broad brush is flat out wrong.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-09, 22:40

CheesySpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Actually Heat I would be. I've been around police officers and their families my entire life and based on the 100's of conversations I have been involved in I am 100% confident the officers I know would disagree with you. Many of these officers work in high crime areas where they are literally risking their lives daily.  For us to judge them without being in their situation daily for years is unfair IMHO.  I'm not defending bad rogue cops, but to paint them all with a broad brush is flat out wrong.

I try to avoid cops as much as possible but when I do come in contact with them they seem to have the attitude of just getting through the day without getting hurt and seem relieved when they get to deal with "normal" people because most of the people they have to deal with are people most individuals go to lengths to avoid.

I think there's probably more " bad" cops than in a lot of professions but it's hard for me to think there's an epidemic. Most people just want to get through their day in the easiest manner possible. They want to deal with the least amount of headaches as possible. Shooting someone... anyone... is going to create a lot of stress for them and especially with the climate the way it is they know they're going to have to deal with a shit storm.

This video illustrates that there are pieces of shit playing cops and robbers (there always will be... so what is your solution?) but the Al Sharpton-esque people running around and the shit grinners in the media running around acting like there are white cops crawling through the weeds hunting blacks because they're black are a bunch of idiots. Really, they're fucking morons.

The issues are probably racial, in my view, but not in the manner the media and Al Sharpton's national posse tries to make it out to be.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-09, 23:27

This guy stole a horse. lets beat the shit out of him instead of simply putting him in handcuffs like we are suppose to
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next