Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

+32
xsanguine
MSU addict
Tim Wakefield
Snake Plissken
Blanch32
tTito
tanfan!
Brock Middlebrook
Cym Jim
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
StylesGShmooth
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
LoneWolfSparty
steveschneider
Marc Summers
Gomer
Rodeo Burger
Cameron
SpartanInNH
Travis of the Cosmos
Heat Miser
36 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-13, 18:46

Heat Miser wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Here is another one for you guys to discuss.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/12/8395457/eric-harris-police-shooting

Just wow.

The 73-year-old reserve cop who mistook his gun for a Taser has been charged

I am not sure why a reserve police officer would be on a sting operation. I am sure they have a value, but it seems like that is the kind of operation that requires the regular training that comes with being a full-time officer.

Also, what about the "f^&k your breath" comments that came from another officer? Did their behavior not fit the definition of (2nd degree) manslaughter given in the article?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

Post by Ass Dan 2015-04-13, 19:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I'm looking at the crime statistics from American law enforcement that indicate that 12% of the population commits 52% of the murders in this country.
If you take that into account... the violent encounters with police are proportionate with the other communities.

The statistics seem to indicate that these encounters are all statistically proportionate... that there is no special attention given to that particular race.

"Academics have noted that the proportion of black suspects arrested by the police tends to match closely the proportion of offenders identified as black by victims in the National Crime Victimization Survey."

The statistics indicate it is not a white racist problem but a problem of violence specifically within the black community. The numbers match up exactly as they are suppose to according to the FBI and Bureau of Justice.
you have more faith in statistics compiled by the government than I do.

Hard to fudge the numbers with that large of a sample size. For someone who claims they see things the way they are, you sure don't seem to have a problem ignoring evidence.

Resume the holier than thou schtick
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-13, 20:25

Turtleneck wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Just wow.

I am not sure why a reserve police officer would be on a sting operation. I am sure they have a value, but it seems like that is the kind of operation that requires the regular training that comes with being a full-time officer.

Also, what about the "f^&k your breath" comments that came from another officer? Did their behavior not fit the definition of (2nd degree) manslaughter given in the article?

So many cops are fucking up. Or, they have been fucking up for a long time but with the advent of the smart phone, they are now getting caught.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-13, 20:39

As a legal expert, what is your opinion? In the video the suspect says he cannot breath after being shot. You do not hear anybody call for an ambulance, but you hear another officer tell the suspect "f$%k your breath." The suspect is informing the officers at the scene that he is having problems breathing after being shot, and they do not seem to react at all. Does that not fit the definition of manslaughter (careless regard for human life)?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-04-13, 21:16

Bob, how does racism relate to the black officer being complicit in the alleged murder in this instance?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-04-13, 21:17

Tanfan! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So many cops are fucking up.  Or, they have been fucking up for a long time but with the advent of the smart phone, they are now getting caught.
Hundreds of thousands of violent criminals so arrested every year. 

Anything looks big when you put it under the microscope.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-14, 00:08

Heat Miser wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Here is another one for you guys to discuss.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/12/8395457/eric-harris-police-shooting

Just wow.

This and has been out of control. The country and society is changing. Is it wrong to say I'm not growing up 50 years from now?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-14, 00:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Just wow.

This and has been out of control. The country and society is changing. Is it wrong to say I'm not growing up 50 years from now?
Actually the most likely scenario is what tanfan said. Nothing is changing, we are just finding out about it now and subsequently paying attention. Thats why, by and large, police folk can't fathom why anyone has a problem with this stuff, because this is the way it's always been.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-14, 00:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Actually the most likely scenario is what tanfan said. Nothing is changing, we are just finding out about it now and subsequently paying attention. Thats why, by and large, police folk can't fathom why anyone has a problem with this stuff, because this is the way it's always been.

To an extent I would probably agree. But there is still a problem with the structure of the job re: race.. I don't think anyone can really deny that. There are also other societal issues that contribute to that also.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-04-14, 00:22

So you're backing down from this whole "becoming a police state" thing.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-14, 00:26

Gomer wrote:
Maybe. I hadn't really considered that the police have been murdering people all the time all along. So I guess if that makes you feel better, sure, why not.

Though, equipping our idiot police force with military grade weapons is still down right scary. And there's really nothing to argue about that, because to any rational person that's terrifying.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-04-14, 00:32

Gomer wrote:
Maybe. I hadn't really considered that the police have been murdering people all the time all along. So I guess if that makes you feel better, sure, why not.

Though, equipping our idiot police force with military grade weapons is still down right scary. And there's really nothing to argue about that, because to any rational person that's terrifying.
As pointed out earlier, until the Supreme Court ruled 30 years ago, they could shoot anyone who was just running away. They didn't even need to be physically engaged with them as was the case here. 

That's progress, no?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-14, 07:23

Ass Dan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you have more faith in statistics compiled by the government than I do.

Hard to fudge the numbers with that large of a sample size. For someone who claims they see things the way they are, you sure don't seem to have a problem ignoring evidence.

Resume the holier than thou schtick
thanks for allowing me to have an opinion.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-14, 07:24

Gomer wrote:Bob, how does racism relate to the black officer being complicit in the alleged murder in this instance?
a) I have no idea what instance you're referring to..

and...

b) racism might not play a role at all. Not ever incident in America is rooted in racism...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-16, 02:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Gomer wrote:Bob, how does racism relate to the black officer being complicit in the alleged murder in this instance?

and...

b) racism might not play a role at all. Not ever incident in America is rooted in racism...

But...

Bob, don't you agree that white people's actions (trying to be cool, for example) are quite embarrassing?

Fucking white people...

From white girls that think they're urban...
Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 Bouncing_16
Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 White-people_o_366195
To whites just being the type of person you try not to acknowledge... these fucking weirdos...
Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-16931-1382726844-22
Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 G02mEoF
Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 D72
Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 SJVSubL
Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 White-people-gif-7

Amirite or amirite, Bob?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-16, 07:18

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

and...

But...

Bob, don't you agree that white people's actions (trying to be cool, for example) are quite embarrassing?

Fucking white people...

To whites just being the type of person you try not to acknowledge... these fucking weirdos...
Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 7 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-16931-1382726844-22

Amirite or amirite, Bob?
who let the dogs out?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-16, 07:34

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

and...

But...

Fucking white people...

Amirite or amirite, Bob?

Great post. Will have seizure again.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-16, 07:49

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

But...

Fucking white people...

Amirite or amirite, Bob?

Don't get too embarrassed, whitey!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-16, 07:52

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

But...

Fucking white people...

Amirite or amirite, Bob?

seizure?

I thought that was you dancing..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-04-16, 07:55

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

and...

But...

Fucking white people...

Is there supposed to be something wrong with this?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-04-16, 10:41

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

But...

Fucking white people...

Is there supposed to be something wrong with this?

Not if you're a straight
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7