Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

+32
xsanguine
MSU addict
Tim Wakefield
Snake Plissken
Blanch32
tTito
tanfan!
Brock Middlebrook
Cym Jim
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
StylesGShmooth
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
LoneWolfSparty
steveschneider
Marc Summers
Gomer
Rodeo Burger
Cameron
SpartanInNH
Travis of the Cosmos
Heat Miser
36 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-08, 05:35

Herbie Green wrote:With the officiating conspiracies and a cop shooting an unarmed black man - I just wish Bobby Sak was here

What a terrible thing to wish for.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-08, 06:16

Gomer wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Why was he away from the car? Good question. I'm going to assume though that the guy that was just accused of murder and has already tried to lie to cover his tracks (read the link I posted a few hours ago) may be more at fault than you want to admit. Sorry that your police heroes let you down just this once.
He's plenty at fault. Not a hero. Clearly lied, no doubt.

But seriously, try to answer the question.

The guy had already run once. Was physically engaged with the officer who had to tase him. The officer, through the actions of the perp, lost the taser. And the guy took off running again.

The officer had to make a decision in tenths of a second once the guy disarmed him of the taser and took running again.

What should he have done?

You have a good point. The officer's life was cleary in jeopardy so lethal force was his only option.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-08, 06:22

Turtleneck wrote:
Gomer wrote:
He's plenty at fault. Not a hero. Clearly lied, no doubt.

But seriously, try to answer the question.

The guy had already run once. Was physically engaged with the officer who had to tase him. The officer, through the actions of the perp, lost the taser. And the guy took off running again.

The officer had to make a decision in tenths of a second once the guy disarmed him of the taser and took running again.

What should he have done?

You have a good point. The officer's life was cleary in jeopardy so lethal force was his only option.

It's a sign of progress in our society to see people come to an agreement after a rational discussion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-08, 07:41

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It's a sign of progress in our society to see people come to an agreement after a rational discussion.

Then you have to consider that the suspect appears to be lightening fast. Did you watch the video? Not only was the officer's life in danger from the fleeing suspect that had his back to the officer, but the guy was pretty much Usain Bolt and there was no way the officer had any other options in respect to preserving his life and apprehending the suspect.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-08, 08:04

I hope that "cop" spends the rest of his life in prison. Completely unacceptable.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-08, 08:56

Gomer wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:How about shooting him once? Not saying that is the preferred method but maybe if you feel the dude is a danger, shoot him once and cuff him once he's incapacitated? Dunno, seems like a logical response.

Or you could, you know, just shoot him 8 times in the back and avoid all of that BS paperwork.
They are not trained to shoot once. They are not trained to shoot to injure. That's not how any firearm training works.

How does he know if he hit the guy? How does he know if it incapacitated him? Is incapacitated when he falls to the ground, or when he starts limping a bit. He actually paused before firing the final shot that finally brought the guy down.

It was a bad decision. Not nearly as bad though, IMO, as resisting arrest, running, fighting, and running.

Murdering someone wasn't the worst decision? Are you fucking high?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-08, 09:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Gomer wrote:
They are not trained to shoot once. They are not trained to shoot to injure. That's not how any firearm training works.

How does he know if he hit the guy? How does he know if it incapacitated him? Is incapacitated when he falls to the ground, or when he starts limping a bit. He actually paused before firing the final shot that finally brought the guy down.

It was a bad decision. Not nearly as bad though, IMO, as resisting arrest, running, fighting, and running.

Murdering someone wasn't the worst decision? Are you fucking high?

I'm convinced he is 10%ing us. No one could actually believe this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-04-08, 11:32

Now are we sure that guy didn't just trip and fall on a pile of bullets that just so happen to match the cop's gun???
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-08, 11:55

OTPT bringing it strong.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-08, 12:17

Gomer wrote:
What else was he supposed to do at that point? Chase him again? Tackle him and try to subdue him (but heaven forbid, not with an arm bar)? Just let him go on his merry way?
Yes to any of the above. Why not let him run at that point? You know the area he is in. More officers are on their way (they were there pretty quickly in the video). You know what he looks like. He's obviously not very fleet of foot. If the cop is in such shitty shape that he can't purse him on foot, he shouldn't be a cop.

The ONLY justification for shooting him is if he was an imminent danger to others. The only way he would be an imminent danger to others would be if you assume that he's going to run, go into a nearby house and take hostages. And again, that could be prevented by chasing after him, and at least seeing if he even attempts to enter a home.

I'm willing to bet that you won't find a police department in the country where protocol is to shoot an unarmed fleeing suspect in the back, unless maybe if they have already committed a pretty serious crime (murder) and/or is endangering someone. If either of those were the case, surely that would have at least been mentioned in the various press conferences.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-08, 12:18

I love when there are productive discussions like this one on the main page. Great work Heat.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-08, 12:21

LoneWolfSparty wrote:I love when there are productive discussions like this one on the main page. Great work Heat.

What's the problem LWS? Did someone get political?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-08, 12:25

LoneWolfSparty wrote:I love when there are productive discussions like this one on the main page. Great work Heat.

It's better than one of your threads where you attempt to post pics.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-08, 12:29

steveschneider wrote:I will be very interested to hear what the Dude has to say about this.

Well I was 100% right on the Michael Brown case. Anyone without a political motive saw right through the hands up don't shoot lie.

In this instance, the cop is going to prison for a very long time. Can't say your life is threatened when someone is running away unless they have a gun in their hand.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-08, 12:31

The_Dude wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I will be very interested to hear what the Dude has to say about this.

Well I was 100% right on the Michael Brown case. Anyone without a political motive saw right through the hands up don't shoot lie.

In this instance, the cop is going to prison for a very long time. Can't say your life is threatened when someone is running away unless they have a gun in their hand.

See LWS, it's not that hard to put away your racist agenda for a post or two.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-08, 12:31

The_Dude wrote:

If the suspect had a gun, he would have shot at the officer. That is enough justification for me.

Signed,

Gomer
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-08, 12:31

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 2 Www.google

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2015-04-08, 12:32; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-08, 12:31

StylesGShmooth wrote:One thing's for sure, the guy who shot the video is definitely going to jail.

I'd say 50/50 the officer gets convicted of murder and sadly I won't be surprised at all if he walks.

There's video of the Tamir Rice, John Crawford and Eric Garner murders; didn't make a difference in any of those cases. Let's just say I won't be shocked if this goes the same way.

Actually, Garner died of a heart attack because he was a fat piece of shit that didn't value his own health. Being obese and doing drugs leads to early death.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-08, 12:34

The_Dude wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:One thing's for sure, the guy who shot the video is definitely going to jail.

I'd say 50/50 the officer gets convicted of murder and sadly I won't be surprised at all if he walks.

There's video of the Tamir Rice, John Crawford and Eric Garner murders; didn't make a difference in any of those cases.  Let's just say I won't be shocked if this goes the same way.

Actually, Garner died of a heart attack because he was a fat piece of shit that didn't value his own health.  Being obese and doing drugs leads to early death.
That and the strangling. The strangling probably wasn't great for his health either.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-08, 12:38

Turtleneck wrote:

It's better than one of your threads where you attempt to post pics.

Haaaaa...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-08, 21:08

Gomer wrote:I value life more than you can imagine.  Mine in particular.  Which is why under no circumstances would I ever run from an officer, let alone fight him if he tries to restrain me.

And I value their lives as well.  I don't expect him to decide at that point to chase the guy down and engage in a ground and pound with him necessarily and maybe get stabbed in the process.

Shooting him was option 4 or 5 and he had already worked through the first 3-4.  He pursued him on foot once without shooting him.  He physically engaged him without shooting him.  He tried to tase the guy without shooting him.  For whatever reason he lost his primary means of non-lethal restraint.  The whole thing went south in a tenth of a second when he lost the taser and he had to make a split second decision.  He made the wrong one.  And he made it worse by trying to cover his ass.

Held:

The Tennessee statute is unconstitutional insofar as it authorizes the use of deadly force against, as in this case, an apparently unarmed, nondangerous fleeing suspect; such force may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others. Pp. 7-22.

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1, 2 (1985)

Been the law for 30 years. Cop was in the wrong. Murder.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-08, 21:11

SpartanInNH wrote:
Gomer wrote:I value life more than you can imagine.  Mine in particular.  Which is why under no circumstances would I ever run from an officer, let alone fight him if he tries to restrain me.

And I value their lives as well.  I don't expect him to decide at that point to chase the guy down and engage in a ground and pound with him necessarily and maybe get stabbed in the process.

Shooting him was option 4 or 5 and he had already worked through the first 3-4.  He pursued him on foot once without shooting him.  He physically engaged him without shooting him.  He tried to tase the guy without shooting him.  For whatever reason he lost his primary means of non-lethal restraint.  The whole thing went south in a tenth of a second when he lost the taser and he had to make a split second decision.  He made the wrong one.  And he made it worse by trying to cover his ass.

Held:

The Tennessee statute is unconstitutional insofar as it authorizes the use of deadly force against, as in this case, an apparently unarmed, nondangerous fleeing suspect; such force may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others. Pp. 7-22.

Any particular reason why you brought facts into this thread? Kind of a BS move if you ask me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-04-08, 21:28

Gomer either is a cop, is closely related to a cop, or is trolling hard.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-08, 21:43

Cameron wrote:Gomer either is a cop, is closely related to a cop, or is trolling hard.

I'm voting "trolling hard."
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-08, 21:44

Turtleneck wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Any particular reason why you brought facts into this thread? Kind of a BS move if you ask me.

That's actually law, bro, not facts. Keep up.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-08, 21:55

Cameron wrote:Gomer is trolling hard.

FIFY
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-09, 07:24

wait a second.. an unarmed black kid murdered by a cop??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-09, 07:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:wait a second.. an unarmed black kid murdered by a cop??

This time it actually happened, though!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-09, 07:37

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:wait a second.. an unarmed black kid murdered by a cop??

I'll wait until the facts come out. Maybe this thug stole some cigars or something, thus deserving of the death penalty.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-09, 08:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

See LWS, it's not that hard to put away your racist agenda for a post or two.

????? OTPT I never defended the cop. Heat, can we please take this fag's mod status away so I can block him?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-09, 08:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I'll wait until the facts come out. Maybe this thug stole some cigars or something, thus deserving of the death penalty.

A broken tail light isn't justification for the death penalty. Maybe few rounds in non vital areas, but not the death penalty.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-09, 08:42

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'll wait until the facts come out. Maybe this thug stole some cigars or something, thus deserving of the death penalty.

A broken tail light isn't justification for the death penalty. Maybe few rounds in non vital areas, but not the death penalty.

This.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-09, 08:42

Is it hard to shoot somebody in the leg?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-09, 08:55

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'll wait until the facts come out. Maybe this thug stole some cigars or something, thus deserving of the death penalty.

maybe he had Skittles in the car.. I don't know. I'm going to wait until the facts are known.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-04-09, 10:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

maybe he had Skittles in the car.. I don't know. I'm going to wait until the facts are known.

He's only a cell phone video away from being just another dangerous thug who deserved to die.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-09, 11:02

50 year old man driving a Mercedes in this case.

The Police Are America's Terrorists
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-09, 11:07

Cym Jim wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

He's only a cell phone video away from being just another dangerous thug who deserved to die.
I think you're giving racists who celebrated the murder of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, etc. way too much credit.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-04-09, 11:26

I think we're asking way too much of white cops to have to chase suspects, especially black ones, more than once.  You give chase, you catch your suspect, and he manages to break free?!  Way too much effort to give chase again.  On the other hand, black cops must continue to give chase regardless of how many times the suspect gets away (which is probably less than 1%) b/c they are BETTER ATHLETES.  Perhaps we should just phase out white cops.  Then I can go back to watching what Obama did or didn't do on the evening news, not what some dumb fuck white cop did in ___ city.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-09, 11:50

Heat Miser wrote:...until the video surfaces. Uh-oh.

South Carolina police officer charged with murder after shooting man during traffic stop

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 2 CHARLESTON011428445810

I can't think what possessed him to shoot at an unarmed man in the back multiple times intending to kill him? It's clear murder. Cowardly act.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-09, 12:53

Tanfan! wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:...until the video surfaces. Uh-oh.

South Carolina police officer charged with murder after shooting man during traffic stop

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 2 CHARLESTON011428445810

I can't think what possessed him to shoot at an unarmed man in the back multiple times intending to kill him? It's clear murder. Cowardly act.

That's why he is being charged with murder.

Dude also doesn't have the cleanest past.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next