Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

+32
xsanguine
MSU addict
Tim Wakefield
Snake Plissken
Blanch32
tTito
tanfan!
Brock Middlebrook
Cym Jim
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
StylesGShmooth
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
LoneWolfSparty
steveschneider
Marc Summers
Gomer
Rodeo Burger
Cameron
SpartanInNH
Travis of the Cosmos
Heat Miser
36 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

Post by Guest 2015-04-09, 23:31

Pretty solid roundup of the incident referred to in the title of this thread...

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/09/quotes-of-the-day-2049/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-09, 23:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:This guy stole a horse. lets beat the shit out of him instead of simply putting him in handcuffs like we are suppose to
By the way, to editorialize... Every single one of those pieces of shit needs to be fired immediately and prosecuted for assault. I find it to be absolute bullshit that their chief of police said he "doesn't want to jump to conclusions." What do you really need to think about when 5-6 guys jump on top of a guy and start beating his head and junk? What do you really need to think about here? Is firing that guy going to impact your golf league and now you'll need to find a fourth?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-09, 23:59

CheesySpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
tTito wrote:

Your BIL, SIL, FIL would be ashamed to read what you post here.

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 5 502811600 You'd be surprised how much they agree with me. But you shouldn't be.

Actually Heat I would be. I've been around police officers and their families my entire life and based on the 100's of conversations I have been involved in I am 100% confident the officers I know would disagree with you. Many of these officers work in high crime areas where they are literally risking their lives daily.  For us to judge them without being in their situation daily for years is unfair IMHO.  I'm not defending bad rogue cops, but to paint them all with a broad brush is flat out wrong.

Where did I "paint them all with a broad brush"?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-10, 00:00

That horse is kinda like....neigh.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-10, 00:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:This guy stole a horse. lets beat the shit out of him instead of simply putting him in handcuffs like we are suppose to
By the way, to editorialize... Every single one of those pieces of shit needs to be fired immediately and prosecuted for assault. I find it to be absolute bullshit that their chief of police said he "doesn't want to jump to conclusions." What do you really need to think about when 5-6 guys jump on top of a guy and start beating his head and junk? What do you really need to think about here? Is firing that guy going to impact your golf league and now you'll need to find a fourth?

You should of seen what we use to do with horse thieves back in the day.

Old West Punishment
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-10, 00:08

"In the two minutes after the man was stunned with a Taser, it appeared deputies kicked him 17 times, punched him 37 times and struck him with batons four times. Thirteen blows appeared to be to the head. The allegedly stolen horse stood idly nearby"
"Three deputies were injured during the search. Two suffered dehydration and a third was injured when kicked by the horse. "

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 5 502811600

"San Bernardino Superior Court records show Pusok has convictions for resisting arrest, animal cruelty, disturbing the peace, attempted robbery and failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility."

Yeah... fuck this guy.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2015-04-10, 00:15; edited 2 times in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-10, 00:13

xsanguine wrote:

"In the two minutes after the man was stunned with a Taser, it appeared deputies kicked him 17 times, punched him 37 times and struck him with batons four times. Thirteen blows appeared to be to the head. The allegedly stolen horse stood idly nearby"

Well trained horse. It knows that if you do anything around police other than stand there and comply, shit goes south.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-10, 00:23

xsanguine wrote:

"Three deputies were injured during the search. Two suffered dehydration and a third was injured when kicked by the horse. "

"San Bernardino Superior Court records show Pusok has convictions for resisting arrest, animal cruelty, disturbing the peace, attempted robbery and failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility."

Yeah... fuck this guy.
Responding to edit- the guys history is irrelevant. it's not the cops job to dish out punishment. Period. No two ways about that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-10, 00:43

xsanguine wrote:

Yeah... fuck this guy.
Responding to edit- the guys history is irrelevant. it's not the cops job to dish out punishment. Period. No two ways about that.

It doesn't have any bearing on how the cops are responding to this latest theft, you're absolutely right... but his history isn't irrelevant. It speaks to what kind of person he is. How easy do you think it would be to beat an animal continuously over the course of its life and never get caught? A creature that can't speak, never has to actually see another individual for school or doctors or anything... can't ask for help. So for him to actually get caught and charged for treating an animal like that ensures that he's probably, most likely, if I had to put all my money on it... beaten a plethora of animals.
Now for those that don't care about helpless creatures... three cops were injured due to having to chase this guy, who allegedly already stole someone else's identity and then lead them on the car chase... which can be a very dangerous ordeal... before he stole someone's horse, not unlike someone kidnapping your child... and ran off with that.

Sure, these cops broke protocol and didn't do things by the book, etc. etc, etc...

But with all the injustices in the world it's hard for me to keep up and conjure up any sort of sympathy for an animal abuser and kidnapper.

Fuck him. The horse shoulda Christopher Reeves his heartless ass, instead of kicking the cop.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-04-10, 02:18

I really like beer
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2015-04-10, 06:30

xsanguine wrote:How easy do you think it would be to beat an animal continuously over the course of its life and never get caught? A creature that can't speak, never has to actually see another individual for school or doctors or anything... can't ask for help. .

About as easy as it is for a cop to get away with murder?  Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 5 2599972566
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-10, 06:38

MSU addict wrote:
xsanguine wrote:How easy do you think it would be to beat an animal continuously over the course of its life and never get caught? A creature that can't speak, never has to actually see another individual for school or doctors or anything... can't ask for help. .

About as easy as it is for a cop to get away with murder?  Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 5 2599972566

No, seriously.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-04-10, 14:11

Heat Miser wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Actually Heat I would be. I've been around police officers and their families my entire life and based on the 100's of conversations I have been involved in I am 100% confident the officers I know would disagree with you. Many of these officers work in high crime areas where they are literally risking their lives daily.  For us to judge them without being in their situation daily for years is unfair IMHO.  I'm not defending bad rogue cops, but to paint them all with a broad brush is flat out wrong.

The last sentence was meant for "all cops" group within the thread.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-10, 14:19

you do-gooders are looking at this all wrong.

it's also one less person whose healthcare we have to pay for.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-10, 14:25

xsanguine wrote:

It doesn't have any bearing on how the cops are responding to this latest theft, you're absolutely right... but his history isn't irrelevant. It speaks to what kind of person he is. How easy do you think it would be to beat an animal continuously over the course of its life and never get caught? A creature that can't speak, never has to actually see another individual for school or doctors or anything... can't ask for help. So for him to actually get caught and charged for treating an animal like that ensures that he's probably, most likely, if I had to put all my money on it... beaten a plethora of animals.
Now for those that don't care about helpless creatures... three cops were injured due to having to chase this guy, who allegedly already stole someone else's identity and then lead them on the car chase... which can be a very dangerous ordeal... before he stole someone's horse, not unlike someone kidnapping your child... and ran off with that.

Sure, these cops broke protocol and didn't do things by the book, etc. etc, etc...

But with all the injustices in the world it's hard for me to keep up and conjure up any sort of sympathy for an animal abuser and kidnapper.

Fuck him. The horse shoulda Christopher Reeves his heartless ass, instead of kicking the cop.

Was the horse drunk or high? If so, it deserved the beatings.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-10, 14:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Was the horse drunk or high? If so, it deserved the beatings.

I'd smoke a joint with the horse.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-10, 15:17

xsanguine wrote:I'd smoke a joint with the horse.

I have smoked a joint with a horse - but she was a nice girl.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-10, 16:15

CheesySpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I haven't seen an "all cops" group within this thread.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-10, 17:41

Heat Miser wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I haven't seen an "all cops" group within this thread.

do you get together with Miami spartan and Mental state and intencity to watch gaymes or are you too fucking good for that?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-10, 20:26

Just another set of hard-working cops bravely doing their job while in reasonable fear for their safety from some asshole who refuses to even stand up.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-11, 20:16

Gomer wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:How about shooting him once? Not saying that is the preferred method but maybe if you feel the dude is a danger, shoot him once and cuff him once he's incapacitated? Dunno, seems like a logical response.

Or you could, you know, just shoot him 8 times in the back and avoid all of that BS paperwork.

It was a bad decision. Not nearly as bad though, IMO, as resisting arrest, running, fighting, and running.

Even worse decision was to commit the crime that instigated the encounter in the first place

We're at a point now where if a cop doesn't handle a situation with kid gloves and if it doesn't go exactly as it does in a training video we jump on the cop and pet the perp with an "aww poor baby".

People that commit crimes are gaining the upper hand because of race. I can't see the trend doing anything but escalating in that direction.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-11, 21:33

xsanguine wrote:
Gomer wrote:

It was a bad decision.  Not nearly as bad though, IMO, as resisting arrest, running, fighting, and running.

Even worse decision was to commit the crime that instigated the encounter in the first place

We're at a point now where if a cop doesn't handle a situation with kid gloves and if it doesn't go exactly as it does in a training video we jump on the cop and pet the perp with an "aww poor baby".

People that commit crimes are gaining the upper hand because of race. I can't see the trend doing anything but escalating in that direction.
I'm sorry, but that is complete fucking bullshit. Shooting a guy 8 times isn't "going a little wrong." Beating the living fuck out of a guy for no reason isn't "going a little wrong." 

They are giant examples of police brutality. Something which, as you know, is not actually a new problem. Sometimes things come to light all at once for one reason or another and in this case it's a good thing people are finally paying attention.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-11, 23:02

No
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-11, 23:37

xsanguine wrote:

I'm sorry, but that is complete fucking bullshit. Shooting a guy 8 times isn't "going a little wrong." Beating the living fuck out of a guy for no reason isn't "going a little wrong." 

They are giant examples of police brutality. Something which, as you know, is not actually a new problem. Sometimes things come to light all at once for one reason or another and in this case it's a good thing people are finally paying attention.

Bullshit?

I never said what the cops did was right. All of the attention is on the response, not what initiated the ordeal.

Again... not saying what the cops did was right in response, but to say it was "for no reason" IS actually bullshit. When you're leading cops on a chase through neighborhoods or with other people on the road it becomes highly dangerous for INNOCENT people that literally did do NOTHING.

It's hard for me to have sympathy for someone that commits crimes, often violent ones... and then when someone comes to arrest you, you decide to run for it and create a dangerous and highly volatile situations for everyone else. Now with individuals who literally have done nothing wrong, I certainly empathize with them and cops that breach that aspect of their job should serve heavy jail time.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-11, 23:40

What is going to happen, because individuals like yourself are going to demand this sort of atmosphere, is we're going to handcuff cops to the point where something horrible is going to happen to a civilian that could have been avoided if our primary concern wasn't how well someone committing crimes is treated while they're fleeing and/or physically fighting with police.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-11, 23:47

xsanguine wrote:

Bullshit?

I never said what the cops did was right. All of the attention is on the response, not what initiated the ordeal.

Again... not saying what the cops did was right in response, but to say it was "for no reason" IS actually bullshit. When you're leading cops on a chase through neighborhoods or with other people on the road it becomes highly dangerous for INNOCENT people that literally did do NOTHING.

It's hard for me to have sympathy for someone that commits crimes, often violent ones... and then when someone comes to arrest you, you decide to run for it and create a dangerous and highly volatile situations for everyone else. Now with individuals who literally have done nothing wrong, I certainly empathize with them and cops that breach that aspect of their job should serve heavy jail time.
You are putting way too much emphasis on the person that the cops are murdering or beating the shit out of. To me it doesn't matter whatsoever who the person is or what they've done. The cops have to learn to control themselves... It's actually kind of amazing that they haven't considering the intense scrutiny. But they are so convinced that they are always right that I honestly don't think they give a shit. It's the only reason that I can think of for why this keeps happening. I mean, those cops with the horse.... THERE IS A GODDAMN NEWSCHOPPER RIGHT ABOVE YOU. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING? Like, seriously, how stupid are those people? They should be fired not only for the beating but for being complete idiots.

All that said, back to the original point where you seem to think that the make up of the victims matters. We're just going to have to agree to disagree. To me there is nothing that someone can do that warrants an unnecessary beating at the hands of a government employee. You apparently don't agree with that, and that's fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-04-12, 00:06

xsanguine wrote:

Bullshit?

You are putting way too much emphasis on the person that the cops are murdering or beating the shit out of. To me it doesn't matter whatsoever who the person is or what they've done. The cops have to learn to control themselves... It's actually kind of amazing that they haven't considering the intense scrutiny. But they are so convinced that they are always right that I honestly don't think they give a shit. It's the only reason that I can think of for why this keeps happening. I mean, those cops with the horse.... THERE IS A GODDAMN NEWSCHOPPER RIGHT ABOVE YOU. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING? Like, seriously, how stupid are those people? They should be fired not only for the beating but for being complete idiots.

All that said, back to the original point where you seem to think that the make up of the victims matters. We're just going to have to agree to disagree. To me there is nothing that someone can do that warrants an unnecessary beating at the hands of a government employee. You apparently don't agree with that, and that's fine.
When you say stupid shit like "the cops have to learn to control themselves" you discredit the hundreds of thousands of them who do control themselves. Those who arrest hundreds of thousands of violent criminals on a daily basis. Those whose very job requires them to have close and constant contact with the scum of the earth and in so doing, putting their own well being in danger. 

You want them to be perfect while doing that too? How many felons resist arrest on a daily basis and don't get shot?  No one is saying that it's right when it happens. But I'll be god damned if I'm going to shed a tear for someone who thought it was a good idea to fight with an officer.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-12, 00:15

Gomer wrote:

When you say stupid shit like "the cops have to learn to control themselves" you discredit the hundreds of thousands of them who do control themselves. Those who arrest hundreds of thousands of violent criminals on a daily basis. Those whose very job requires them to have close and constant contact with the scum of the earth and in so doing, putting their own well being in danger. 

You want them to be perfect while doing that too? How many felons resist arrest on a daily basis and don't get shot?  No one is saying that it's right when it happens. But I'll be god damned if I'm going to shed a tear for someone who thought it was a good idea to fight with an officer.
The cops who brutally beat people have to learn to control themselves. Is that better for you Gomer? Of course, just like the good guy with a gun concept (fuck it, I went there) you're only a good guy with a gun until you aren't. 

Where am I shedding a tear for anyone? Like I keep saying, it's not about the victim necessarily. It's about the massive abuses of power that some cops (is that okay with you? I don't want to offend your hero worship) show on what is becoming a nearly daily basis. And it is becoming a problem for us regular folk who don't want this country to turn into a police state.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-04-12, 00:36

Hundreds of thousands arresting hundreds of thousands of violent criminals. One of them getting shot to death every week while doing so. 

I don't see massive abuses of power. I do not see a police state.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-12, 00:49

Gomer wrote:Hundreds of thousands arresting hundreds of thousands of violent criminals. One of them getting shot to death every week while doing so. 

I don't see massive abuses of power. I do not see a police state.
It's not a police state. Yet. If this kind of shit is allowed to continue totally unchecked and everyone takes your attitude about it, it's not that hard to see how that happens in a few decades.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-12, 01:43

xsanguine wrote:

Bullshit?

I agree with you that the police need to control themselves. But their actions pale in comparison to someone putting the public at risk.

The guy in SC that got shot in the back had fled twice and may have fought with the officer over the stun gun. Now sure... the officer could be lying... but we DO know that the guy was already willing to flee police and even take it off road. So it's clear the perp was not concerned with anyone's safety... it's not much of a stretch to suggest he did fight over the stun gun.

The guy in California lead those officers on a 2 1/2 hour car chase and then KIDNAPPED A FUCKING HORSE. Sure, the cops went overboard... 3 cops were injured in the pursuit. Those officers should be reprimanded for punching and kicking him, sure.

But this whole media frenzy over racial this or racial that is what is truly bullshit.

The fact remains... if these black men weren't committing crimes... they wouldn't be dealing with police. There's a REAL problem in this country and it's within the black community. It is NEVER addressed. But the dozen or so times a cop is caught punching someone who just strong arm robbed a liquor store or gets killed beating someone who just so happens to be carrying a firearm... or leads cops on a high speed chase endangering the lives of citizens and they punch and kick him.... that's what gets the attention and gives the impression that is the norm when it is NOT the norm.

To address the REAL norm... that is in the multi-thousands... is to be accused of racism.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-12, 18:39

Here is another one for you guys to discuss.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/12/8395457/eric-harris-police-shooting
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-04-12, 19:25

Turtleneck wrote:Here is another one for you guys to discuss.

Cool, you've got a senile old fuck of a cop that doesn't know the difference between a handgun and a taser out patrolling the streets keeping Umerica safe.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-12, 20:18

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Cool, you've got a senile old fuck of a cop that doesn't know the difference between a handgun and a taser out patrolling the streets keeping Umerica safe.

Better stupid than racist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-12, 22:14

xsanguine wrote:

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 5 1486952199
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-13, 05:00

Yeah, the cop fucked up big time... he's an idiot. It looks like it was a mistake, though... a horrible mistake that a trained police officer should not be making... but not intentional.

I have to think that if Eric Harris wasn't selling illegal firearms (that would more than likely, statistically, to be used by a black individual to kill another black individual) and then running from the police after being caught in a sting operation designed to specifically catch him selling illegal firearms that he wouldn't have been in that position for a cop to be in the position to make that mistake.

Of course, the fact that this gentleman was selling illegal firearms and then ran from the cops after being caught is but a small blip in the article. I wonder why that is.

And I loooooove the fact they include these statistics showing that black men are killed by police at a disproportionate rate... but fail to mention that black men commit a far more disproportionate rate of violent crime, bringing them into contact of an adversarial nature with police. Those statistics are missing and I can't imagine it was just an accident that they failed to include those important numbers to correlate with the police shooting numbers. They even made sure to let their readers know that you have to take the numbers as ratios... because the raw numbers shows that more whites are killed by police than blacks. They make sure that you know the ratio has to be taken into account to show that "more" black people are killed than whites by ratio of population..... but not the fact that they also commit faaaaar more crimes, by ratio.

The traveling Christian band who had one of their members killed by a cop in the Wal-mart parking lot is the first white killed by cops I've seen in recent memory. That's not a mistake.

Judge Tells Parents They Fostered Racist Behavior In Daughter

A young child is witness to a violent home invasion while she was watching cartoons in her living room, while a black criminal bursts into the home and robs the family at gunpoint. The parents mention that their daughter has been traumatized by the incident and when she is around a black man she hides behind her parents. The judge in this case, a black man... is offended by this and blames the parents for the daughter's new found fear of black men.

Of course!!!... a young child is traumatized by a violent home invasion at gunpoint and associates that individual with black men out in public, as children are known to do. It's the parents fault that the child is traumatized, however, according to this judge. Not the criminal who broke into their home, put a gun in their faces and robbed them. It's the PARENTS fault.

This is where we're headed...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-13, 05:36

tl;dr - I'm prepared for the accusations... go ahead.... let's have this conversation. Candidly....

Another Cop About to Get Away with Murder... - Page 5 Police_shooting_by_race.0

Notice how, as a percentage of the entire population, whites and hispanics being killed by police are proportional to the crimes they commit according to FBI crime stats. Blacks are killed proportional to the crimes they commit, according to FBI crime stats. Whites and hispanics commit less crime, proportional to their population numbers.

I totally understand why hispanics get upset when the black community tries to ally their communities together as if hispanics and blacks share this problem with police... when it's clear they don't. The black community is on its own when it comes to committing crimes and having violent confrontations with police.

It's amazing how accurate subjective observations correlate with the statistics, too. I currently live in what's considered a poor hispanic community. All of my transplant neighbors and transplant friends that live in this community don't have any horror stories about run ins with locals. None. It's not uncommon to see lily-white transplants and "tougher" looking hispanics that were born and raised here chatting it up, hanging out on the footsteps, trading hellos and smiles and helping each other move in and out of apartments, saving parking spots for one another, etc. My experiences match this exactly. I've never had someone even so much as say something unkind to me. The people here are awesome... Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Hondurans, Mexicans, Ecuadorians... it's fucking cool as shit and one of the main reasons I decided to stay in the neighborhood for 8 years rather than finding somewhere a little more "upscale" like Williamsburg, Park Slope, or lower-mid Manhattan.

Then I have friends in a black community nearby (Bed-Stuy) and when you hang out there you notice the segregation and tension immediately. The attitudes are different and the transplants and locals seem to ignore each other... well, at least the locals try to ignore. Also, it seems every single transplant friend I have that lives in that community... every single one... has multiple horror stories of being jumped, robbed (by groups and at gunpoint), harassed and even raped. Unfortunately... the relatively few times I am here to visit friends... my experiences match that of my friends and I've had to pull my knife out twice and my roommate (who lives in Bushwick with me) has had to pull his gun out once (he doesn't carry it around normally, but we had to make a stop at our friends house one night, later in the night... I'm very grateful he had it on him, too). We don't even live here and visit only occasionally. And I've worked in a different black community, not close by... same thing. Where I grew up in Lansing... again... the observation was the same experience I've had here.
Bed-stuy is the neighborhood where those two cops got killed last summer while they sat in their police car. My friend, who's actually my partner in our music business, can throw a tennis ball underhand and hit the exact spot this occurred from his front door and I was there with him working in his studio... we came out at some point soon after it went down and saw what seemed like hundreds of cop cars and a large group of black people from the neighborhood in a large crowd as EMTs were tending to the officers laying on the sidewalk... and the crowd was in a frenzy, yelling at the EMTs calling them pigs and they hope they die and this and this and that. Roc actually got made at me at the time because I got on here and said the media is lying about the attitude of the community because I sat there the day of the killings, watching CNN go from person to person to person to person... they went through many different people, interviewing people trying to get their view on those cops being killed in that community. Every single person they talked to, in a very petulant manner, was all about it...."Fuck those cops, they should kill every one of ya'll muh-fuckas... I'm glad those bitch ass pigs got shot." It took them over a dozen people before they found a lady (who didn't really appear to be from the neighborhood) that finally said she thought it was horrible and will bring more bad blood between the cops and the neighborhood. Guess which interview CNN aired on tv to give the impression that it was some lone wolf crazy guy who didn't share their views and that the community was so sad for the officers? That's right... they never aired any of the dozen people I saw them interviewing... never aired the crowd standing around yelling at the cops laying in a pool of blood or the EMTs trying to revive them. Once they got the interview they wanted, they packed up and left. So much for an accurate take on the attitudes of the people that live there, huh? I make sure to take any news story with a grain of salt because it's not the first time I've seen something like that happen... and I've ever read as much as 50% of national news stories are fictitiously generated in a similar manner.

So what am I suppose to do? Ignore these observations because it doesn't fit the narrative... ignore it for the sake of not rocking that boat, ignore it so that I don't risk appearing racist for even uttering such an observation? Or acknowledge it for my own personal survival? Acknowledge the near perfect correlation to actual police data?

I really want to know... and I'm a little fired up because of an incident I experienced this weekend, prompting this... I want to know from those that think there's this huge white conspiracy against the black community (typically from those that grew up in a lily-white suburb and heard rich snotty white kids tell racially charged jokes in the lunch room so therefore the media narrative must be true in the inner-city areas these suburban white kids have absolutely no experience in). What do you do with those observations that correlate exactly to the official numbers?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-13, 07:51

xsanguine wrote:tl;dr - I'm prepared for the accusations... go ahead.... let's have this conversation. Candidly....

Notice how, as a percentage of the entire population, whites and hispanics being killed by police are proportional to the crimes they commit according to FBI crime stats. Blacks are killed proportional to the crimes they commit, according to FBI crime stats. Whites and hispanics commit less crime, proportional to their population numbers.

I totally understand why hispanics get upset when the black community tries to ally their communities together as if hispanics and blacks share this problem with police... when it's clear they don't. The black community is on its own when it comes to committing crimes and having violent confrontations with police.

It's amazing how accurate subjective observations correlate with the statistics, too. I currently live in what's considered a poor hispanic community. All of my transplant neighbors and transplant friends that live in this community don't have any horror stories about run ins with locals. None. It's not uncommon to see lily-white transplants and "tougher" looking hispanics that were born and raised here chatting it up, hanging out on the footsteps, trading hellos and smiles and helping each other move in and out of apartments, saving parking spots for one another, etc. My experiences match this exactly. I've never had someone even so much as say something unkind to me. The people here are awesome... Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Hondurans, Mexicans, Ecuadorians... it's fucking cool as shit and one of the main reasons I decided to stay in the neighborhood for 8 years rather than finding somewhere a little more "upscale" like Williamsburg, Park Slope, or lower-mid Manhattan.

Then I have friends in a black community nearby (Bed-Stuy) and when you hang out there you notice the segregation and tension immediately. The attitudes are different and the transplants and locals seem to ignore each other... well, at least the locals try to ignore. Also, it seems every single transplant friend I have that lives in that community... every single one... has multiple horror stories of being jumped, robbed (by groups and at gunpoint), harassed and even raped. Unfortunately... the relatively few times I am here to visit friends... my experiences match that of my friends and I've had to pull my knife out twice and my roommate (who lives in Bushwick with me) has had to pull his gun out once (he doesn't carry it around normally, but we had to make a stop at our friends house one night, later in the night... I'm very grateful he had it on him, too). We don't even live here and visit only occasionally. And I've worked in a different black community, not close by... same thing. Where I grew up in Lansing... again... the observation was the same experience I've had here.
Bed-stuy is the neighborhood where those two cops got killed last summer while they sat in their police car. My friend, who's actually my partner in our music business, can throw a tennis ball underhand and hit the exact spot this occurred from his front door and I was there with him working in his studio... we came out at some point soon after it went down and saw what seemed like hundreds of cop cars and a large group of black people from the neighborhood in a large crowd as EMTs were tending to the officers laying on the sidewalk... and the crowd was in a frenzy, yelling at the EMTs calling them pigs and they hope they die and this and this and that. Roc actually got made at me at the time because I got on here and said the media is lying about the attitude of the community because I sat there the day of the killings, watching CNN go from person to person to person to person... they went through many different people, interviewing people trying to get their view on those cops being killed in that community. Every single person they talked to, in a very petulant manner, was all about it...."Fuck those cops, they should kill every one of ya'll muh-fuckas... I'm glad those bitch ass pigs got shot." It took them over a dozen people before they found a lady (who didn't really appear to be from the neighborhood) that finally said she thought it was horrible and will bring more bad blood between the cops and the neighborhood. Guess which interview CNN aired on tv to give the impression that it was some lone wolf crazy guy who didn't share their views and that the community was so sad for the officers? That's right... they never aired any of the dozen people I saw them interviewing... never aired the crowd standing around yelling at the cops laying in a pool of blood or the EMTs trying to revive them. Once they got the interview they wanted, they packed up and left. So much for an accurate take on the attitudes of the people that live there, huh? I make sure to take any news story with a grain of salt because it's not the first time I've seen something like that happen... and I've ever read as much as 50% of national news stories are fictitiously generated in a similar manner.

So what am I suppose to do? Ignore these observations because it doesn't fit the narrative... ignore it for the sake of not rocking that boat, ignore it so that I don't risk appearing racist for even uttering such an observation? Or acknowledge it for my own personal survival? Acknowledge the near perfect correlation to actual police data?

I really want to know... and I'm a little fired up because of an incident I experienced this weekend, prompting this... I want to know from those that think there's this huge white conspiracy against the black community (typically from those that grew up in a lily-white suburb and heard rich snotty white kids tell racially charged jokes in the lunch room so therefore the media narrative must be true in the inner-city areas these suburban white kids have absolutely no experience in). What do you do with those observations that correlate exactly to the official numbers?
that America, and even people in this thread, allow their racism, fear and paranoia to override their judgement.

Blacks Are 12% of the US Population. But 41% of Unarmed People Killed by Police
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-13, 08:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:tl;dr - I'm prepared for the accusations... go ahead.... let's have this conversation. Candidly....

that America, and even people in this thread, allow their racism, fear and paranoia to override their judgement.

So how should I judge the crime stats and the near perfectly correlated personal observations?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-13, 09:15

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

So how should I judge the crime stats and the near perfectly correlated personal observations?
you can judge them however you want. That's the beauty of America (for now).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next