Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow

+19
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
tanfan!
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
Vlad
Giant Moose
Death Roe
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
InTenSity
23 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 4 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by DWags Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:35 am

Our freshman need to stop playing scared. Izzo yells. So what.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 4 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by Blanch32 Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:48 am

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Correction muffy. It's bonars like you and your Calvier and flippant attitude that is responsible. You tools thought it was an abbreviation and not the abortion it has become. Sorry sunshine you don't know dick about sports.

I'm not sure which is more funny : you believing that ANYTHING posted here has any effect on the actual games or believing that you are somehow a basketball expert.

Just for fun, please list what qualifies you as a guru on the game.

And then please fix this "abortion" of a team. Damn dude, how long do we ( and Izzo ) have to wait ?

Simple: I know hoop you do not. This answer should suffice for your simpleton reasoning exhibited throughout your posting history
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I'm not sure which is more funny : you believing that ANYTHING posted here has any effect on the actual games or believing that you are somehow a basketball expert.

And then please fix this "abortion" of a team. Damn dude, how long do we ( and Izzo ) have to wait ?

Simple: I know hoop you do not. This answer should suffice for your simpleton reasoning exhibited throughout your posting history

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 4 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I would say yesterday was an improvement from a coaching perspective. I think Izzo actually started the only 5 players that are capable of holding their own on both ends of the court: DV, McQuaid, Harris, Costello and Davis.
This has always been the problem with this team in my mind - that there are all these pieces but most of them are flawed like PGs that can't shoot, SGs that can't D, and some players that play yet don't really seem to provide much of anything.

I think this team has a chance to be better without Tum Tum. Unfortunately MSU doesn't have any other point guards which is Izzo's fault because he didn't recruit one. I really like the potential of Mcquaid because he can shoot and defend taller guards. But he is shaky right now.
This will finally force DV to the point more which Izzo was always unwilling to do. Even if it is not his best position I think it might be the best for the team. Because now you have McQuaid who can D the opponents PG and be a shooter on offense. We just need his J back. Harris can do some of this as well. Now we aren't automatically getting dominated at the PG position like we were with Tum Tum

Careful. The bonars here will remind you that Walton willed the 2009 team to the final four all by himself without any help from anyone and tum tum is already better than him because they say so
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I would say yesterday was an improvement from a coaching perspective. I think Izzo actually started the only 5 players that are capable of holding their own on both ends of the court: DV, McQuaid, Harris, Costello and Davis.
This has always been the problem with this team in my mind - that there are all these pieces but most of them are flawed like PGs that can't shoot, SGs that can't D, and some players that play yet don't really seem to provide much of anything.

I think this team has a chance to be better without Tum Tum. Unfortunately MSU doesn't have any other point guards which is Izzo's fault because he didn't recruit one. I really like the potential of Mcquaid because he can shoot and defend taller guards. But he is shaky right now.
This will finally force DV to the point more which Izzo was always unwilling to do. Even if it is not his best position I think it might be the best for the team. Because now you have McQuaid who can D the opponents PG and be a shooter on offense. We just need his J back. Harris can do some of this as well. Now we aren't automatically getting dominated at the PG position like we were with Tum Tum

Careful. The bonars here will remind you that Walton willed the 2009 team to the final four all by himself without any help from anyone and tum tum is already better than him because they say so

Come on..really? Someone said Tum is as good as Walton? scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Herbie Green wrote:What is so funny? Izzo is solely responsible for the players he gives scholarships to. I don't think it is good to have only one PG on a roster. His #1 plan was really to develop McQuaid into a backup PG behind Tum Tum? Really?

I guess I can kind of understand with Winston coming in next year and the Tum Tum injury is bad luck. BUT even if Tum Tum was healthy and even if he could also miraculously display his improved jump shot, MSU sill would have been starting in the hole at the PG spot. And that hole was 100% formed by the head coach. Unfortunately, now we are at the bottom of a well that has run dry.

This. Tum tum was a project from day 1. This isn't a shocker. Problem is izzo well balls deep here when he should have grabbed a grad transfer or JC guy at the same time to provide experience and allow us to redshirt tum. This team is built to win last year and now, not 2018.

....and if only izzo listened to cleaves and signed Monte Morris out of flint....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:16 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Come on..really? Someone said Tum is as good as Walton? scratch

They will. Hell I still get slammed to this day because I said chris hill was better than walton. The blowars cannot let logic sway them
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:18 pm

Herbie Green wrote:What is so funny? Izzo is solely responsible for the players he gives scholarships to. I don't think it is good to have only one PG on a roster. His #1 plan was really to develop McQuaid into a backup PG behind Tum Tum? Really?

I guess I can kind of understand with Winston coming in next year and the Tum Tum injury is bad luck. BUT even if Tum Tum was healthy and even if he could also miraculously display his improved jump shot, MSU sill would have been starting in the hole at the PG spot. And that hole was 100% formed by the head coach. Unfortunately, now we are at the bottom of a well that has run dry.

What's funny is that you think Izzo only recruiting Tum Tum.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:21 pm

If only someone like Denzel could play PG...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Says the guy who thinks a first round draft pick on this team doesn't have what it takes to make it playing college ball.

So there's that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:23 pm

InTenSity wrote:

We get that he missed out on Waltons kid, but the problem is who he didn't recruit instead.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:23 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

This. Tum tum was a project from day 1. This isn't a shocker. Problem is izzo well balls deep here when he should have grabbed a grad transfer or JC guy at the same time to provide experience and allow us to redshirt tum. This team is built to win last year and now, not 2018.

....and if only izzo listened to cleaves and signed Monte Morris out of flint....

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

We get that he missed out on Waltons kid, but the problem is who he didn't recruit instead.
My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 4 1494614055
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:26 pm

NigelUno wrote:

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t5339-i-hate-to-say-this-about-valentine?highlight=Valentine

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:37 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t5339-i-hate-to-say-this-about-valentine?highlight=Valentine

No wonder you're pissed. You've been saving that link! Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:53 pm

NigelUno wrote:

You do realize that until yesterday DV had played about zero minutes without McQuaid or Tum Tum at pg?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:55 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:What is so funny?  Izzo is solely responsible for the players he gives scholarships to.  I don't think it is good to have only one PG on a roster.  His #1 plan was really to develop McQuaid into a backup PG behind Tum Tum?  Really?

I guess I can kind of understand with Winston coming in next year and the Tum Tum injury is bad luck.  BUT even if Tum Tum was healthy and even if he could also miraculously display his improved jump shot, MSU sill would have been starting in the hole at the PG spot.  And that hole was 100% formed by the head coach. Unfortunately, now we are at the bottom of a well that has run dry.

Here's what is somewhat apparent to me...

1.  Denzel needs to run the offense.  He is an elite playmaker and needs to ball in his hands the most.  We do not have another guard that can create for other guys like him.

2.  We should go inside to Davis and Costello a decent amount.  Both are capable low post scorers.

3.  Defense needs to get fixed.  Don't know why we are having such trouble defending ball screens.  Wisky did a ball screen to generate that game winning layup.

Can't really argue with any of this. Our defense, especially with pick n rolls, has been lacking communication. Lots of open jumpers for Iowa and Wiscy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You do realize that until yesterday DV had played about zero minutes without McQuaid or Tum Tum at pg?

Please tell me you're not this stupid.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Herbie Green wrote:What is so funny?  Izzo is solely responsible for the players he gives scholarships to.  I don't think it is good to have only one PG on a roster.  His #1 plan was really to develop McQuaid into a backup PG behind Tum Tum?  Really?

I guess I can kind of understand with Winston coming in next year and the Tum Tum injury is bad luck.  BUT even if Tum Tum was healthy and even if he could also miraculously display his improved jump shot, MSU sill would have been starting in the hole at the PG spot.  And that hole was 100% formed by the head coach. Unfortunately, now we are at the bottom of a well that has run dry.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 4 502811600 Are you on suicide watch after a loss? You whine more than anyone else on this board, and like a few others, only show up after losses.

In short, you suck.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 4 502811600 Are you on suicide watch after a loss? You whine more than anyone else on this board, and like a few others, only show up after losses.

In short, you suck.

You whine more than herbie does. Which is amazing because all herbie does is whine. #whiner
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:12 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I guess I must be. Are you telling me Tum Tum had been playing SG the entire time so his absence won't actually change DV's role at all?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

In short, you suck.

Seems I was offering some analysis/opinion there that might have even been partly positive. Do you have anything to offer?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

In short, you suck.

You whine more than herbie does. Which is amazing because all herbie does is whine. #whiner

And now my stalker shows up. What number am I on your murder list? Trending up or down, psycho?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

And now my stalker shows up. What number am I on your murder list? Trending up or down, psycho?

You aren't worth the time to murder. Could you do me, and everyone else, a favor and just off yourself? That way I don't have to deal with it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I guess I must be.

You must be, or you're just faking it.

So, you think that before yesterday, Denzel never played PG? So, that means Nairn was in the game or McQuaid was in the game at all times? Or McQuaid never played SG with Denzel in the game? Or Izzo never went with a lineup of Denzel, Forbes, Harris and 2 bigs?

Until yesterday...Denzel has never assumed the role of PG?

Again...please tell me you're not this stupid.

Do you watch the games?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:33 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I guess I must be.

So, you think that before yesterday, Denzel never played PG? So, that means Nairn was in the game or McQuaid was in the game at all times? Or McQuaid never played SG with Denzel in the game? Or Izzo never went with a lineup of Denzel, Forbes, Harris and 2 bigs?

Do you watch the games?

Do you?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:35 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So, you think that before yesterday, Denzel never played PG?  So, that means Nairn was in the game or McQuaid was in the game at all times?  Or McQuaid never played SG with Denzel in the game?  Or Izzo never went with a lineup of Denzel, Forbes, Harris and 2 bigs?

Do you watch the games?

Do you?

Do you?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:37 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Do you?

Do you?

Do you?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You aren't worth the time to murder. Could you do me, and everyone else, a favor and just off yourself? That way I don't have to deal with it.

I know you get worried when you see one of my posts. "Oh shit, how silly did Pylon make me look this time?"

My advice to you would be to step your game up. Try to make this feud at least somewhat back and forth. Right now I'm just carpet bombing you.

#wwiieraannihalation king
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:42 pm

And in case anyone was wondering, I held off on my thread bc tum tum is a large part of my solution. His loss does not bold well for our FF chances if he cannot rebound back 150%. Now I am seriously worried
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I know you get worried when you see one of my posts. "Oh shit, how silly did Pylon make me look this time?"

My advice to you would be to step your game up. Try to make this feud at least somewhat back and forth. Right now I'm just carpet bombing you.

Do you?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Do you?

You do?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

So that's how you know your hoop, you just do because I don't. Damn you and your sound logic.

I know you won't answer this ( because you never do ) but how did you acquire this vast knowledge of basketball ? From your playing days ? Your coaching days ?

Please elaborate. You won't.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:54 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Do you watch the games?

Do you?

Done with your fried chicken already?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Blanch32 wrote:And in case anyone was wondering, I held off on my thread bc tum tum is a large part of my solution. His loss does not bold well for our FF chances if he cannot rebound back 150%. Now I am seriously worried

Guessing you were going to move Tum Tum to the 2 so we could take advantage of his outside shooting.

Then maybe start Wolleman and use him like you wanted to use Tommy Herzog.

Or maybe Izzo and the black guy with the glasses won't play Clark because they are afraid he will play well. Making them look bad for not playing him earlier.

Am I warm ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:59 pm

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Do you?

Done with your fried chicken already?

sweet potato pie for dessert! cheers
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:28 pm

The_Dude wrote:

1. Denzel needs to run the offense. He is an elite playmaker and needs to ball in his hands the most. We do not have another guard that can create for other guys like him.

2. We should go inside to Davis and Costello a decent amount. Both are capable low post scorers.

3. Defense needs to get fixed. Don't know why we are having such trouble defending ball screens. Wisky did a ball screen to generate that game winning layup.

1.) The offense has run through DV all year. He doesn't need to be the point guard for this to happen.

2.) We have gone inside to Costello and DD a ton

3.) agree
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:50 pm

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

1. Denzel needs to run the offense. He is an elite playmaker and needs to ball in his hands the most. We do not have another guard that can create for other guys like him.

2. We should go inside to Davis and Costello a decent amount. Both are capable low post scorers.

3. Defense needs to get fixed. Don't know why we are having such trouble defending ball screens. Wisky did a ball screen to generate that game winning layup.

1.) The offense has run through DV all year. He doesn't need to be the point guard for this to happen.

3.) agree

Have we though?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:53 pm

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

3.) agree

Have we though?

We have, though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next