Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow

+19
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
tanfan!
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
Vlad
Giant Moose
Death Roe
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
InTenSity
23 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 14:48

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 502811600

between Duffy and DWags telling you what you should think/say/feel.. getting old must suck.

See...I find this deflection technique kind of funny. He can say what he wants. Why is he getting offended that someone might disagree? Is his opinion right? Just because?
Duffy and DWags are these old cheerleaders.... back on the older, lesser Spartan board, Duffy used to lecture me about comments about any MSU player.. not sure why.. but over here, we all can say what we want.

Of course, people can also respond.. but at least we can say things without the threat of being banned.

oh - and you're a great American.. and a damn fine Spartan.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by NigelUno Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 14:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

See...I find this deflection technique kind of funny. He can say what he wants. Why is he getting offended that someone might disagree? Is his opinion right? Just because?
Duffy and DWags are these old cheerleaders.... back on the older, lesser Spartan board, Duffy used to lecture me about comments about any MSU player.. not sure why.. but over here, we all can say what we want.

Of course, people can also respond.. but at least we can say things without the threat of being banned.

Speaking of deflection techniques...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 14:51

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Duffy and DWags are these old cheerleaders.... back on the older, lesser Spartan board, Duffy used to lecture me about comments about any MSU player.. not sure why.. but over here, we all can say what we want.

Speaking of deflection techniques...
Twisted Evil
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 14:54

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Changing up the defense when we are down 20. I must be fucking insane.

What do you mean change up the defense? Play zone? That's not going to happen (and when you're losing you wouldn't play zone anyway).

Full court zone trap? And then fall back into man? We have enough trouble with foul prone players...you think that would be a good idea? And, you couldn't really have Davis and Costello in at the same time. With a shorter shot clock, you're getting the ball back quicker anyway.

Some trapping and real full court pressure. We showed it for a little bit there early in the 2nd half but once they got 1 or 2 passes in, we would back off. Zone wouldn't have been very effective, considering they were shooting the lights out and like you said - we were down.

I thought Izzo mentioned prior to the season that he was going to try some zone? Or should we just put that in the "shit Izzo says in the off-season" category?

At that point in the game - down 20, foul trouble should be the last thing on our mind. I remember watching Iowa vs Iowa State and unless my memory is going to shit, they effectively got back into the game with full court pressure and trapping - causing the hawkeyes to turn the ball over. I'm sure they hit a lot more 3s than we did, considering we could not hit the broad side of the barn last night.

See - no one is saying to fire Izzo, scrap the program, spartan cards being revoked, insults, etc. Just some observations and discussion about the hoops team we follow.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:00

NigelUno wrote:

What do you mean change up the defense? Play zone? That's not going to happen (and when you're losing you wouldn't play zone anyway).

Full court zone trap? And then fall back into man? We have enough trouble with foul prone players...you think that would be a good idea? And, you couldn't really have Davis and Costello in at the same time. With a shorter shot clock, you're getting the ball back quicker anyway.

Some trapping and real full court pressure. We showed it for a little bit there early in the 2nd half but once they got 1 or 2 passes in, we would back off. Zone wouldn't have been very effective, considering they were shooting the lights out and like you said - we were down.

I thought Izzo mentioned prior to the season that he was going to try some zone? Or should we just put that in the "shit Izzo says in the off-season" category?

At that point in the game - down 20, foul trouble should be the last thing on our mind. I remember watching Iowa vs Iowa State and unless my memory is going to shit, they effectively got back into the game with full court pressure and trapping - causing the hawkeyes to turn the ball over. I'm sure they hit a lot more 3s than we did, considering we could not hit the broad side of the barn last night.

See - no one is saying to fire Izzo, scrap the program, spartan cards being revoked, insults, etc. Just some observations and discussion about the hoops team we follow.

Oh. I thought you said I was offended? Glad to see we're just having a discussion now.

Forbes had his worst game of the year. Blame Bess!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:13

This thread sucks
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:17

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 502811600

between Duffy and DWags telling you what you should think/say/feel.. getting old must suck.

First, dropped the mic again. Second, Izzo and this team are not fooling me. I don't think they play Saturday in the big ten tournament, don't think they get to the second weekend in the NCAA. Finally, it's always struck me as funny as hell that the most venemous posters get up set if you then give your opinion and it's the opposite of theirs on these boards. The irony is beautiful. "Why can't I state my opinion?" As if you can stop them somehow from giving their opinion. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 502811600

What they mean to say is "don't disagree with my opinion".
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:17

Nordic wrote:This thread sucks

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 Ngbbs4d82bd666ab26
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:28

I'm with tDude for once. This thread has been a huge disappointment.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm with tDude for once. This thread has been a huge disappointment.

You're always with the dude you trump loving scum fan.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm with tDude for once. This thread has been a huge disappointment.

OTPT tried to start a fight with me, but I am too level-headed for that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:51

NigelUno wrote:

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 502811600 I love you, Nigel.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I better go check and see if my Spartan card is still valid. I think duffy may have reported me.
My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 502811600

Ok Bob. Sorry I didn't see this until late on Friday.

I was busy turning in my guns and renouncing my religion. So I can be more like, you know, you.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 16:25

NigelUno wrote:

Says the crazy dude...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 16:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Isn't it about time for you to quit again? You're so socially awkward. Basically no one likes you and I've heard your personal hygiene is deplorable. You bring nothing of value to this board. Every time you post a puppy dies. Just stop.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 16:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Isn't it about time for you to quit again? You're so socially awkward. Basically no one likes you and I've heard your personal hygiene is deplorable. You bring nothing of value to this board. Every time you post a puppy dies. Just stop.

Always having to get the last word in. Typical Pylon. I'm just going to ignore you from now on because im legitimately concerned that you are going to try to find me in real life and hurt me or my family. That's how maladjusted you are.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 16:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Always having to get the last word in. Typical Pylon. I'm just going to ignore you from now on because im legitimately concerned that you are going to try to find me in real life and hurt me or my family. That's how maladjusted you are.

There goes another puppy. Murderer.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 Sad-Puppy-6
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 16:49

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Says the crazy dude...

Blanch, I am old and forget. You look fucking old, but that shouldn't make your mind feeble. Have you forgotten to publish? Let's go man. Personally, I don't think anything you say can help this team reach the final four. Fools gold with that #1 shit. I also think Europe and the fall and the hard schedule made this team hit the wall a couple weeks back. Tired legs. Izzo needs to shut these guys down and rest their legs somehow. How can he do that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 18:49

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Says the crazy dude...

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 1284110369
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 22:58

Maybe ADD kicked in and My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 1284110369 is binge watching something on Netflix
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 19:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You nailed it with Muffy. Fwags doesn't give a shit. Muffy takes anything negative said about msu personally and takes it to a level that's unhealthy. Good news is you can rip that fucker back without fear like on the RCMB.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 19:45

Tanfan! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Duffy and DWags are these old cheerleaders.... back on the older, lesser Spartan board, Duffy used to lecture me about comments about any MSU player.. not sure why.. but over here, we all can say what we want.

You nailed it with Muffy. Fwags doesn't give a shit. Muffy takes anything negative said about msu personally and takes it to a level that's unhealthy. Good news is you can rip that fucker back without fear like on the RCMB.

I only take things personally when you make them personal.

Good news is you won't "engage" me here. Just take lame cheap shots.

#keepanastos #embracemediocrity #trustinhollis
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 0:28

Bump. 13 hours until tip off and the OP has posted nothing to save MSU basketball.

Izzo and the black guy with glasses are probably frantically refreshing this thread hoping for some answers. If we lose tomorrow, it's completely on Blanch.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 0:53

8 minutes until Sunday and My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 1284110369 is still MIA.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 20:34

I hope you all are happy. Swill mentally carries over to the actual games. Thought you tools knew this rule by now
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 20:39

Izzos ass pimple > Blub32

I'm not worried in the least.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 20:46

Blanch32 wrote:I hope you all are happy. Swill mentally carries over to the actual games. Thought you tools knew this rule by now

This loss is 100% on you, John Wooden. You promised to fix MSU basketball and didn't do shit.

Izzo and the black guy with the glasses had three sleepless nights thanks to you.

Dick.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 21:52

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:I hope you all are happy. Swill mentally carries over to the actual games. Thought you tools knew this rule by now

This loss is 100% on you, John Wooden. You promised to fix MSU basketball and didn't do shit.

Izzo and the black guy with the glasses had three sleepless nights thanks to you.

Dick.

Same schtick after every loss. Attack other posters.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 22:57

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Dick.

Sarcasm is not really your thing.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 23:23

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 23:27

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Hey, it was your dumbass buddy ( who actually knows less about basketball than you ) that promised to fix MSU basketball and then did nothing.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 23:30

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Hey, it was your dumbass buddy ( who actually knows less about basketball than you ) that promised to fix MSU basketball and then did nothing.

And I'm the one that doesn't get sarcasm? clown
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 6:27

duffy munn wrote:

Dick.

Correction muffy. It's bonars like you and your Calvier and flippant attitude that is responsible. You tools thought it was an abbreviation and not the abortion it has become. Sorry sunshine you don't know dick about sports.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 8:04

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Dick.

Correction muffy.  It's bonars like you and your Calvier and flippant attitude that is responsible.  You tools thought it was an abbreviation and not the abortion it has become.  Sorry sunshine you don't know dick about sports.  

Reminder (with a visual aid to reinforce): Take your pills blanch

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 Fish-oil-benefits
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 8:09

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Dick.

Correction muffy. It's bonars like you and your Calvier and flippant attitude that is responsible. You tools thought it was an abbreviation and not the abortion it has become. Sorry sunshine you don't know dick about sports.

I'm not sure which is more funny : you believing that ANYTHING posted here has any effect on the actual games or believing that you are somehow a basketball expert.

Just for fun, please list what qualifies you as a guru on the game.

And then please fix this "abortion" of a team. Damn dude, how long do we ( and Izzo ) have to wait ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 10:04

duffy munn wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not sure why Izzo is so afriad to run some agressive, full court D. I'm not talking about McQuaid or Tum hacking one guy up the court but some fucking trapping. Sitting back on D and letting them shoot over us was not working. Yet - we continue to do the same fuckin' thing. Over, and over.

Too stubborn.

Full court presses work in middle school and high school. Players get rattled and turn the ball over.

At the college level, they get shredded.

Great point.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 10:45

I would say yesterday was an improvement from a coaching perspective. I think Izzo actually started the only 5 players that are capable of holding their own on both ends of the court: DV, McQuaid, Harris, Costello and Davis.
This has always been the problem with this team in my mind - that there are all these pieces but most of them are flawed like PGs that can't shoot, SGs that can't D, and some players that play yet don't really seem to provide much of anything.

I think this team has a chance to be better without Tum Tum. Unfortunately MSU doesn't have any other point guards which is Izzo's fault because he didn't recruit one. I really like the potential of Mcquaid because he can shoot and defend taller guards. But he is shaky right now.
This will finally force DV to the point more which Izzo was always unwilling to do. Even if it is not his best position I think it might be the best for the team. Because now you have McQuaid who can D the opponents PG and be a shooter on offense. We just need his J back. Harris can do some of this as well. Now we aren't automatically getting dominated at the PG position like we were with Tum Tum
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 10:59

Herbie Green wrote:
I think this team has a chance to be better without Tum Tum. Unfortunately MSU doesn't have any other point guards which is Izzo's fault because he didn't recruit one. I really like the potential of Mcquaid because he can shoot and defend taller guards. But he is shaky right now.
My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 3 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 11:21

What is so funny? Izzo is solely responsible for the players he gives scholarships to. I don't think it is good to have only one PG on a roster. His #1 plan was really to develop McQuaid into a backup PG behind Tum Tum? Really?

I guess I can kind of understand with Winston coming in next year and the Tum Tum injury is bad luck. BUT even if Tum Tum was healthy and even if he could also miraculously display his improved jump shot, MSU sill would have been starting in the hole at the PG spot. And that hole was 100% formed by the head coach. Unfortunately, now we are at the bottom of a well that has run dry.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 11:26

Herbie Green wrote:What is so funny? Izzo is solely responsible for the players he gives scholarships to. I don't think it is good to have only one PG on a roster. His #1 plan was really to develop McQuaid into a backup PG behind Tum Tum? Really?

I guess I can kind of understand with Winston coming in next year and the Tum Tum injury is bad luck. BUT even if Tum Tum was healthy and even if he could also miraculously display his improved jump shot, MSU sill would have been starting in the hole at the PG spot. And that hole was 100% formed by the head coach. Unfortunately, now we are at the bottom of a well that has run dry.

Here's what is somewhat apparent to me...

1. Denzel needs to run the offense. He is an elite playmaker and needs to ball in his hands the most. We do not have another guard that can create for other guys like him.

2. We should go inside to Davis and Costello a decent amount. Both are capable low post scorers.

3. Defense needs to get fixed. Don't know why we are having such trouble defending ball screens. Wisky did a ball screen to generate that game winning layup.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next