Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow

+19
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
tanfan!
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
Vlad
Giant Moose
Death Roe
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
InTenSity
23 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:12 am

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I'll ask the simple question again: what would YOU pay your servers ?
This is always your strategy. Who would I hire as coach? What would I pay my servers? Blah blah blah. All these fictional scenarios that would never happen because I will never be a bar owner or an athletic director.

You paid human beings 2 bucks an hour and are OK with it. Good for you. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 55953254

And you judge people and discriminate based on age, and are OK with it.  Good for you.  My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 55953254
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:21 am

Hey guys? Let's all meet up at the Maryland game this year.

Giant Moose? Can you find a really good steakhouse we can all meet at for dinner?

Don't worry...we won't say anything to the waiter ahead of time. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:24 am

NigelUno wrote:Hey guys? Let's all meet up at the Maryland game this year.

Giant Moose? Can you find a really good steakhouse we can all meet at for dinner?

Don't worry...we won't say anything to the waiter ahead of time. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 3003718628
Maybe I'll take blanch and OTPT out after they win the hoops tourney.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:26 am

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I'll ask the simple question again: what would YOU pay your servers ?
This is always your strategy. Who would I hire as coach? What would I pay my servers? Blah blah blah. All these fictional scenarios that would never happen because I will never be a bar owner or an athletic director.

You paid human beings 2 bucks an hour and are OK with it. Good for you. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 55953254

I always felt good watching the girls walk out the door with a couple hundred bucks in their pockets. I'm not sure why you can't grasp that they were making good money and it was a great college job. And you suck at answering easy questions.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:26 am

I wonder if Nigel is duffy's dad and is his secret investor.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:27 am

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I always felt good watching the girls walk out the door with a couple hundred bucks in their pockets. I'm not sure why you can't grasp that they were making good money and it was a great college job. And you suck at answering easy questions.
Only the girls? OK, creepy sexist.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:29 am

Giant Moose wrote:I wonder if Nigel is duffy's dad and is his secret investor.

I wonder if you are going to great lengths just to troll, because no one could be that big of an asshole in real life.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:30 am

NigelUno wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I wonder if Nigel is duffy's dad and is his secret investor.

I wonder if you are going to great lengths just to troll, because no one could be that big of an asshole in real life.
You seem to be deflecting. Are you duffy's dad? It's a simple question.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:35 am

Giant Moose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Hey guys? Let's all meet up at the Maryland game this year.

...and we are definitely not going where the loser geezers go. I'm trying to get laid, not judged for my lifestyle and then have my bill audited. That's fucking insulting and embarrassing.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 am

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Yeah, 99% of my servers were female. Mostly because males rarely applied for the job.

Does it ever get lonely in your ivory tower ? Seems pretty easy to judge hall of fame coaches, athletic directors, business owners and over age servers without ever putting yourself in their shoes.

You just get to be hyper critical. Just judge and rip people with zero consequences. Weird to me.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:38 am

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Thus proving that EL has a monopoly on bars. No way should servers, read not bartenders, be averaging that much 10+ years ago in a college bar. One that doesn't even serve food
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:38 am

Blanch32 wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

...and we are definitely not going where the loser geezers go. I'm trying to get laid, not judged for my lifestyle and then have my bill audited. That's fucking insulting and embarrassing.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 502811600 Call people losers and then complain about being judged. Classic.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:40 am

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

You just get to be hyper critical. Just judge and rip people with zero consequences. Weird to me.

And you don't do that? Weird to me you think that way
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:41 am

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 502811600 Call people losers and then complain about being judged. Classic.

What do you want to be called after you lose? Participant? I can bring a nice ribbon for you to wear later if you like
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:41 am

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Thus proving that EL has a monopoly on bars. No way should servers, read not bartenders, be averaging that much 10+ years ago in a college bar. One that doesn't even serve food

Well they did. Unlike you, I don't just make shit up.

And there are no bars in EL, only restaurants that serve alcohol. Read the city charter, dumbass.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:47 am

Giant Moose is a terrible human being.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:49 am

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

And there are no bars in EL, only restaurants that serve alcohol. Read the city charter, dumbass.

So you're servers were making $50K a year. You'd think EL would have wanted to create more of these high paying jobs during a decade long recession if that truly was the case...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:52 am

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Yeah, 99% of my servers were female. Mostly because males rarely applied for the job.

Does it ever get lonely in your ivory tower ? Seems pretty easy to judge hall of fame coaches, athletic directors, business owners and over age servers without ever putting yourself in their shoes.

You're right. The sexist, low payer, insulter of dead fathers never just rips people with zero consequences. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:54 am

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

So you're servers were making $50K a year. You'd think EL would have wanted to create more of these high paying jobs during a decade long recession if that truly was the case...

Reading comprehension + Math = My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 1284110369

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:56 am

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Good god you are a dumbass. Most worked around 20 hours a week, 40 weeks a year.

Let's do some simple math: 20 x 15=300 300 x 40=12,000

Can we just get back to your call out thread you were going to publish tomorrow, six weeks ago ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:01 am

duffy, how much of that 12k did you actually pay those human beings out of your pocket? Maybe $1,500? You are so generous.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:04 am

How is it Duffy's fault that people willingly took a job, knowing from before they started that they would only make $2.15/hr? No one goes into that blind and anyone who needed to have teh establishment cover up to minimum wage was usually a shitty server anyway. Its not as if Duffy promised them $15/hr and then pulled the rug out from under them and told them after they were hired that it wasn't a guaranteed hourly rate and they would only make $2.15.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:09 am

InTenSity wrote:How is it Duffy's fault that people willingly took a job, knowing from before they started that they would only make $2.15/hr? No one goes into that blind and anyone who needed to have teh establishment cover up to minimum wage was usually a shitty server anyway. Its not as if Duffy promised them $15/hr and then pulled the rug out from under them and told them after they were hired that it wasn't a guaranteed hourly rate and they would only make $2.15.

Moose is just deflecting.

You can't reason, where there is no reason.

Stay tuned. He'll drop some UNC/Duke, Izzo's not elite, Final Four references...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:13 am

Giant Moose wrote:duffy, how much of that 12k did you actually pay those human beings out of your pocket? Maybe $1,500? You are so generous.

I provided the venue to make the money. Paid for everything attached to doing business.

Most of my former employees went on to become successful professionals after college. Doctors, lawyers, a DEA agent, broadcast journalists, accountants, builders, automotive executives etc. I'd like to think they learned a solid work ethic by working in college. And many supplemented their tuition with the money they made.

Sorry if you think I cheated them. Funny in 25 years I don't remember one employee telling me their wage wasn't fair. Because they made money.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:14 am

It was the people like me giving them 25% tips who helped them more than the scrooge paying them 2 bucks.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:17 am

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:duffy, how much of that 12k did you actually pay those human beings out of your pocket? Maybe $1,500? You are so generous.

I provided the venue to make the money. Paid for everything attached to doing business.

Most of my former employees went on to become successful professionals after college. Doctors, lawyers, a DEA agent, broadcast journalists, accountants, builders, automotive executives etc. I'd like to think they learned a solid work ethic by working in college. And many supplemented their tuition with the money they made.

Sorry if you think I cheated them. Funny in 25 years I don't remember one employee telling me their wage wasn't fair. Because they made money.

This is all pretty comical, as Giant Moose justifies giving LOWER tips because older waiters at high end restaurants PROBABLY get paid more than minimum wage.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:19 am

Giant Moose wrote:It was the people like me giving them 25% tips who helped them more than the scrooge paying them 2 bucks.

Somehow, I highly doubt you were tipping 25% when you were hanging out at college bars.

Call it a hunch.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:21 am

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Good god you are a dumbass. Most worked around 20 hours a week, 40 weeks a year.

Can we just get back to your call out thread you were going to publish tomorrow, six weeks ago ?

Dude, you just said they were clearing 200 a night on avg....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:23 am

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 1284110369
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:30 am

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 502811600 The whole tipping strategy thing is one of the most sociopathic things I've ever read on the internet.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:41 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 502811600 The whole tipping strategy thing is one of the most sociopathic things I've ever read on the internet.

#TeamWBH
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:49 am

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

No. I said on a busy night they could make $200. I said they made
$15 an hour on average.

Your call out thread has come off it's hinges. Can you please just call out an MSU basketball player now.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:55 am

Giant Moose wrote:It was the people like me giving them 25% tips who helped them more than the scrooge paying them 2 bucks.

I'm sure they appreciated it. Good thing I had a garden in my back yard. I grew liquor licenses and permits, inventory, liability insurance, workers comp policies, glassware, paper products, cleaning supplies, payroll money etc. But most importantly gummie sharks. Lots and lots of gummie sharks.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:19 am

duffy munn wrote:

I'm sure they appreciated it. Good thing I had a garden in my back yard. I grew liquor licenses and permits, inventory, liability insurance, workers comp policies, glassware, paper products, cleaning supplies, payroll money etc. But most importantly gummie sharks. Lots and lots of gummie sharks.
Cool. You must have been the only business owner on the planet who had business expenses. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:22 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 8 502811600 The whole tipping strategy thing is one of the most sociopathic things I've ever read on the internet.

Nice to see Giant Douche deflecting again.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:25 am

Death Roe wrote:

#TeamWBH

Is WBH serious with that or is it a troll?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:27 am

Death Roe wrote:

Nice to see Giant Douche deflecting again.
duffy complains about the way people tip, but was perfectly content paying people $2 an hour. It's fun to point out how hypocritical he is. He is the same guy who even insulted the legendary Duffy Daugherty, though, so what should I expect?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:29 am

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

No. I said on a busy night they could make $200. I said they made
$15 an hour on average.

Your call out thread has come off it's hinges. Can you please just call out an MSU basketball player now.

Cause 60 a night is the same as 200...lol, you're so generous
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:31 am

Making $200 a night must be the same as saying Izzo coud beat UNC or Duke. Sure it could happen...
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:58 am

I suggest you dipshits do some research on what the bottom line is on running a restaurant/bar is in a college town after expenses and liability.

Then again that would take an ounce of common sense.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next