Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow

+19
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
tanfan!
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
Vlad
Giant Moose
Death Roe
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
InTenSity
23 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 5 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by The_Dude 1/18/2016, 3:01 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Have we though?

We have, though.

cheers
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 5 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 1/18/2016, 3:05 pm

I don't think Davis gets near enough touches or playing time for that matter.

Then again, I'm not a big fan of how Izzo pulls guys because of one touch foul. You have to let players get a rhythm within the flow of the game. Of course, with how shitty officiating has become - there is not a low of flow to college basketball games.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 3:07 pm

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

1.) The offense has run through DV all year. He doesn't need to be the point guard for this to happen.

2.) We have gone inside to Costello and DD a ton

3.) agree

Have we though?

Yes.

Costello and Davis have had there fair share of touches. ( even Schilling to a lesser extent ). Both could do a better job of passing out of the post. Either to an open wing for a shot or to get the chance to repost.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 3:10 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't think Davis gets near enough touches or playing time for that matter.

Then again, I'm not a big fan of how Izzo pulls guys because of one touch foul. You have to let players get a rhythm within the flow of the game. Of course, with how shitty officiating has become - there is not a low of flow to college basketball games.

Agree about the PT but DD has been getting the ball when he is in there.

He has been very good down low with decent post moves and the baby hook. When he learns to knock down a midrange jumper, fade away jumper in the post and pass out of double team, he's going to be unstoppable.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 1/18/2016, 3:12 pm

InTenSity wrote:Can't wait.

On gd pins and needles.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/18/2016, 3:15 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't think Davis gets near enough touches or playing time for that matter.

He's foul prone, which impacts his playing time.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/18/2016, 3:21 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Simple: I know hoop you do not. This answer should suffice for your simpleton reasoning exhibited throughout your posting history

So that's how you know your hoop, you just do because I don't. Damn you and your sound logic.

I know you won't answer this ( because you never do ) but how did you acquire this vast knowledge of basketball ? From your playing days ? Your coaching days ?

Please elaborate. You won't.

Why waste my swipes? You're the dude who firmly believes if the play works, it's a good call, if it doesn't.....don't critize msu sports ever!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/18/2016, 3:28 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:And in case anyone was wondering, I held off on my thread bc tum tum is a large part of my solution. His loss does not bold well for our FF chances if he cannot rebound back 150%. Now I am seriously worried

Guessing you were going to move Tum Tum to the 2 so we could take advantage of his outside shooting.

Then maybe start Wolleman and use him like you wanted to use Tommy Herzog.

Or maybe Izzo and the black guy with the glasses won't play Clark because they are afraid he will play well. Making them look bad for not playing him earlier.

Am I warm ?

You tell me why Clark isn't playing then despite a breakout freshmen year.

You tell me why Clark isn't playing now despite a breakout freshmen year.

Oh and we could have used that WR vs bama, don't you think?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/18/2016, 3:29 pm

duffy munn wrote:

He has been very good down low with decent post moves and the baby hook. When he learns to knock down a midrange jumper, fade away jumper in the post and pass out of double team, he's going to be unstoppable.

You want a freshman to shoot fade aways??? Lol!!!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 3:31 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

So that's how you know your hoop, you just do because I don't. Damn you and your sound logic.

I know you won't answer this ( because you never do ) but how did you acquire this vast knowledge of basketball ? From your playing days ? Your coaching days ?

Please elaborate. You won't.

Why waste my swipes? You're the dude who firmly believes if the play works, it's a good call, if it doesn't.....don't critize msu sports ever!!

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 5 502811600 I knew you wouldn't answer.

Let's see if I can help. You played organized basketball until getting cut in the 6th grade. You have never really been coached or coached.

You now play in some pick up games against guys with similar basketball backrounds. Or maybe the 30 and over league. Although you could easily get away with going 50 and over because you look so damn old.

You show up for the Saturday morning pick up games with jager bomb breath and stinky fingers. Everyone in the gym cringes when you stroll in. Nobody wants to guard you because of the stench.

Now, dumbass, this thread has actually evolved into to some real basketball discussion. Thanks for starting it but please step aside.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 3:35 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Guessing you were going to move Tum Tum to the 2 so we could take advantage of his outside shooting.

Then maybe start Wolleman and use him like you wanted to use Tommy Herzog.

Or maybe Izzo and the black guy with the glasses won't play Clark because they are afraid he will play well. Making them look bad for not playing him earlier.

Am I warm ?

Guessing it's because he doesn't play defense and is not showing enough in practice. I don't know because I'm not at practice. Pretty sure Izzo, DJ and the black dude with glasses know better than I.

And breakout freshman year ? What ?

Finally, what WR ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 3:38 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I want an incredibly talented player to develop his game in the post and midrange. So yes. He probably won't get there this year or maybe not at all at MSU. Simply because he won't be around long enough.

DJ has a great track record in developing bigs. Nix, Payne and Costello all improved immensely over 4 years.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 3:45 pm

I had to go back and check on Clark's breakout freshman year.

Averaged 11 minutes, 4.5 points and 2.2 rebounds. Turned it over 29 times despite limited touches. 339% from 3 pt.

Pylon on defense.

One helluva "breakout" freshman year.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/18/2016, 3:52 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Why waste my swipes?

That is a very good question.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 1/18/2016, 4:00 pm

Swipes? Blanch, you're on tSwill, not tinder man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/18/2016, 4:13 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I don't know ?

Finally the truth. Your boy Bobby would be proud
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/18/2016, 4:15 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 5 502811600 I knew you wouldn't answer.

Let's see if I can help. You played organized basketball until getting cut in the 6th grade. You have never really been coached or coached.

You now play in some pick up games against guys with similar basketball backrounds. Or maybe the 30 and over league. Although you could easily get away with going 50 and over because you look so damn old.

You show up for the Saturday morning pick up games with jager bomb breath and stinky fingers. Everyone in the gym cringes when you stroll in. Nobody wants to guard you because of the stench.

Now, dumbass, this thread has actually evolved into to some real basketball discussion. Thanks for starting it but please step aside.

Some one fantasizes about me! Lol

And yet this fictional person you just described still knows more than you
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/18/2016, 4:17 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Swipes? Blanch, you're on tSwill, not tinder man.

You don't use swipe typing?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/18/2016, 4:17 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I want an incredibly talented player to develop his game in the post and midrange. So yes. He probably won't get there this year or maybe not at all at MSU. Simply because he won't be around long enough.

DJ has a great track record in developing bigs. Nix, Payne and Costello all improved immensely over 4 years.

.....so much so they all shoot fadeaways! Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 1/18/2016, 4:24 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Swipes? Blanch, you're on tSwill, not tinder man.

You don't use swipe typing?
Neither do you. A) Swype comes up when you swype, Swype. B) Swype doesn't intentionally misspell words, unless you program it to.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 1/18/2016, 5:01 pm

A few random thoughts from my head...

Davis - Excellent patience and control on offense, would get more minutes but he's a little slow with his first step and is consistently getting beat on defense. Sometimes this leads to him getting a block which looks flashy, but many times it leads to a bucket for the bad guys.

Clark - Clearly still not in game shape which is why we're not seeing much of him. I expect to see more Clark later this season and in the tournament. He's a decent outside shooter and very physical in the paint despite being small for a 4.

Forbes - Good set shooter, a little slow on the draw which means he needs a lot of space to shoot. Cannot create his own shot. Slow on defense due to his primary weakness which is that he's just not an elite athlete in terms of strength/speed/agility.

Tum Tum - Great speed and ball handling. Good on the ball defense but struggles against taller guards that can get in the paint and shoot over him. Offensively he's a liability due to poor outside shooting. He could be a legit weapon if he could develop a nice 10-15ft pull up jumper and a consistent floater in the lane. When he drives he needs to do a better job drawing contact and jumping up to the rim rather than out, he's already short so he needs to convert every bit of energy into his vertical leap possible.

Costello - Plays well when he's fresh, looks terrible sometimes when he's tired. Shooting a very high % in the paint and has been reliable most of the season.

Schilling - Not playing as well as I had hoped upon his return but I'm still high on him the remainder of the season. I think he gets called for some garbage fouls because of his size and strength. He's a legit post threat and has the combo of strength/athleticism our other bigs lack.

I'm too tired to do more...

AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 1/18/2016, 6:18 pm

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You must be, or you're just faking it.

So, you think that before yesterday, Denzel never played PG? So, that means Nairn was in the game or McQuaid was in the game at all times? Or McQuaid never played SG with Denzel in the game? Or Izzo never went with a lineup of Denzel, Forbes, Harris and 2 bigs?

Until yesterday...Denzel has never assumed the role of PG?

Again...please tell me you're not this stupid.

Do you watch the games?

Do you?

Seriously.

In case he didn't notice McQuaid bringing the ball up the court Don't the announcers tell us like every single game that McQuaid is playing pg for the first time. I would have assumed he also knew Tum Tum was playing pg.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 6:39 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Some one fantasizes about me!  Lol

You know what, maybe you would have an ounce of credibility if you just told us how you gained such expertise.

Again, I know you won't because your basketball backround does not exist.

Last edited by duffy munn on 1/18/2016, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 6:45 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:A few random thoughts from my head...

Davis - Excellent patience and control on offense, would get more minutes but he's a little slow with his first step and is consistently getting beat on defense. Sometimes this leads to him getting a block which looks flashy, but many times it leads to a bucket for the bad guys.

Clark - Clearly still not in game shape which is why we're not seeing much of him. I expect to see more Clark later this season and in the tournament. He's a decent outside shooter and very physical in the paint despite being small for a 4.

Forbes - Good set shooter, a little slow on the draw which means he needs a lot of space to shoot. Cannot create his own shot. Slow on defense due to his primary weakness which is that he's just not an elite athlete in terms of strength/speed/agility.

Tum Tum - Great speed and ball handling. Good on the ball defense but struggles against taller guards that can get in the paint and shoot over him. Offensively he's a liability due to poor outside shooting. He could be a legit weapon if he could develop a nice 10-15ft pull up jumper and a consistent floater in the lane. When he drives he needs to do a better job drawing contact and jumping up to the rim rather than out, he's already short so he needs to convert every bit of energy into his vertical leap possible.

Costello - Plays well when he's fresh, looks terrible sometimes when he's tired. Shooting a very high % in the paint and has been reliable most of the season.

Schilling - Not playing as well as I had hoped upon his return but I'm still high on him the remainder of the season. I think he gets called for some garbage fouls because of his size and strength. He's a legit post threat and has the combo of strength/athleticism our other bigs lack.

Solid post and I mostly agree.

Davis is slow to react on defense and needs to move his feet better. Hard to learn when your arm span and hops have allowed you to be dominant his whole life. He also appears to be lost with offense sets to much.

Disagree on Forbes. He has a quick release and has become a better at slashing, getting to the rim and creating a midrange game.

Overall, this team has a lot of growing up to do. I believe they will and be fine when it really counts.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/18/2016, 8:20 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Do you?

Seriously.

In case he didn't notice McQuaid bringing the ball up the court Don't the announcers tell us like every single game that McQuaid is playing pg for the first time. I would have assumed he also knew Tum Tum was playing pg.

Not Valentine though!!! He's NEVER played PG. NEVER. Because one of Nairn and McQuaid have ALWAYS been on the court. NEVER has McQuaid played SG with Tum Tum off the court and Valentine at PG. NEVER. NEVER has Valentine played PG. NEVER. NEVER has Valentine essentially acted as a PG even with Nairn on the court. NEVER. NEVER has Valentine played with Forbes and Harris on the court and 2 bigs. NEVER. For that matter, Harris has NEVER played PG either. NEVER.

Given that Valentine has NEVER played PG, you sure as hell put a lot faith in saying we'd be better off with Nairn out. McQuaid going to play PG all the time? Who's the backup? I wonder if he's EVER played PG. How do we know he can handle it? Playing PG? How do we know? He's NEVER played PG. NEVER. Like ever.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/18/2016, 9:50 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Some one fantasizes about me!  Lol

You know what, maybe you would have an ounce of credibility if you just told us how you gained such expertise.

The ironic thing is that I haven't even posted my opinion yet you immediately disagree and question my authority. Look, your a simpleton. Always have always will. Whatever I say is bad in your world. Always have always will.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/18/2016, 9:53 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

The ironic thing is that I haven't even posted my opinion yet you immediately disagree and question my authority.  Look, your a simpleton. Always have always will.  Whatever I say is bad in your world.  Always have always will.  

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTr52-F5hLI5kGVrXd_0SL0OuzOtJS-QEGE8wQWGUSEDpP-GXV6aA
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 10:16 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

The ironic thing is that I haven't even posted my opinion yet you immediately disagree and question my authority.  Look, your a simpleton. Always have always will.  Whatever I say is bad in your world.  Always have always will.  

Well just post your opinion already.

I do find it comical that you refuse to give us your qualification as a basketball genius. I've asked dozens of times and you wont answer.

Why ?

Oh, and the "your" simpleton comment is priceless.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/18/2016, 10:22 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I do find it comical that you refuse to give us your qualification as a basketball genius. I've asked dozens of times and you wont answer.

Why ?

Told you why. You're not worthy. Simply enough this time or did I use too many big words?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/18/2016, 10:51 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Why ?

Told you why. You're not worthy. Simply enough this time or did I use too many big words?

You are such a chicken shit. It's ok to have an opinion dude but just plain candy ass to duck simple questions.

You ducking the question pretty much answers it. Sorry about getting cut when you were 12.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 1/19/2016, 9:07 am

AnomanderRake wrote:A few random thoughts from my head...

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 5 1486952199
This is a great post. Thank you.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 1/19/2016, 9:15 am

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You are such a chicken shit. It's ok to have an opinion dude but just plain candy ass to duck simple questions.

You ducking the question pretty much answers it. Sorry about getting cut when you were 12.

Noted and ignored
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 1/19/2016, 10:39 am

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Seriously.

Not Valentine though!!! He's NEVER played PG. NEVER. Because one of Nairn and McQuaid have ALWAYS been on the court. NEVER has McQuaid played SG with Tum Tum off the court and Valentine at PG. NEVER. NEVER has Valentine played PG. NEVER. NEVER has Valentine essentially acted as a PG even with Nairn on the court. NEVER. NEVER has Valentine played with Forbes and Harris on the court and 2 bigs. NEVER. For that matter, Harris has NEVER played PG either. NEVER.

Given that Valentine has NEVER played PG, you sure as hell put a lot faith in saying we'd be better off with Nairn out. McQuaid going to play PG all the time? Who's the backup? I wonder if he's EVER played PG. How do we know he can handle it? Playing PG? How do we know? He's NEVER played PG. NEVER. Like ever.

I figured you would double down here.

How about we throw out all this noise about the "more than NEVER" minutes DV has already played at PG and try to see what the issue really is. The fact of the matter is Tum Tum is actually injured and he does play PG and those minutes will have to be substituted with someone else playing PG. It is probably the #1 topic facing MSU basketball right now and potentially a big change in roles for a POY candidate.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/25/2016, 9:34 am

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:What is so funny? Izzo is solely responsible for the players he gives scholarships to. I don't think it is good to have only one PG on a roster. His #1 plan was really to develop McQuaid into a backup PG behind Tum Tum? Really?

I guess I can kind of understand with Winston coming in next year and the Tum Tum injury is bad luck. BUT even if Tum Tum was healthy and even if he could also miraculously display his improved jump shot, MSU sill would have been starting in the hole at the PG spot. And that hole was 100% formed by the head coach. Unfortunately, now we are at the bottom of a well that has run dry.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 5 502811600

If only someone like Denzel could play PG...

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 5 3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 1/25/2016, 9:53 am

NigelUno wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

We won't hear from him again until the next loss.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/25/2016, 2:34 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

We won't hear from him again until the next loss.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 5 1165525128

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 1/25/2016, 5:42 pm

Well, I would have hoped that you would now understand what I was saying and you learned a little bit about the game.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/25/2016, 5:48 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Well, I would have hoped that you would now understand what I was saying and you learned a little bit about the game.

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:What is so funny?  Izzo is solely responsible for the players he gives scholarships to.  I don't think it is good to have only one PG on a roster.  His #1 plan was really to develop McQuaid into a backup PG behind Tum Tum?  Really?

I guess I can kind of understand with Winston coming in next year and the Tum Tum injury is bad luck.  BUT even if Tum Tum was healthy and even if he could also miraculously display his improved jump shot, MSU sill would have been starting in the hole at the PG spot.  And that hole was 100% formed by the head coach. Unfortunately, now we are at the bottom of a well that has run dry.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 1/25/2016, 6:09 pm

Jesus dude. That was my original point. Do you even know what you are arguing half the time or do you just like playing with yourself?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/25/2016, 7:04 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Jesus dude. That was my original point. Do you even know what you are arguing half the time or do you just like playing with yourself?

OK. So, we are at the bottom of a well that has run dry...with Denzel as our Point Guard. Well, shit. Did Maryland know that?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next