Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow

+19
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
tanfan!
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
Vlad
Giant Moose
Death Roe
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
InTenSity
23 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:19 am

The age is 30, duffy. And my tipping based on age is much more fair than the bar owner who pays his servers like $2 or $3 an hour like you probably do.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:38 am

duffy munn wrote:Hey Blanch, is it tomorrow yet ? I'm getting tired of waiting for your call out thread.

Obsession. You are my obsession
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:07 am

Giant Moose wrote:The age is 30, duffy. And my tipping based on age is much more fair than the bar owner who pays his servers like $2 or $3 an hour like you probably do.

What if somebody who is 40 is an outstanding server?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:12 am

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:The age is 30, duffy. And my tipping based on age is much more fair than the bar owner who pays his servers like $2 or $3 an hour like you probably do.

If they are outstanding, they get 15% from me and duffy pays them $2.95 an hour.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:23 am

DWags wrote:

You can't reason, when there is no reason.

Is it ironic that Giant Moose chastises posters on a message board for judging people, but he does it in real life?

Apparently, he has established his own system of age discrimination.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:25 am

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Is it ironic that Giant Moose chastises posters on a message board for judging people, but he does it in real life?

The next time you go to the movies, will you complain about age discrimination when you have to pay more than children and seniors?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:27 am

I said I didn't judge what a kid did in high school. I do judge a business owner who can justify paying his employees below minimum wage.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 am

Giant Moose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The next time you go to the movies, will you complain about age discrimination when you have to pay more than children and seniors?

Of course not. Children obviously need money more than adults to live on (like to buy popcorn, candy, and root beer). The movie theaters recognize that and charge them less money.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:38 am

Giant Moose wrote:I said I didn't judge what a kid did in high school. I do judge a business owner who can justify paying his employees below minimum wage.

But, you judge anyone not in high school (or college) that is still a waiter.

Correct? That's what you're doing, right?

You are judging them, and then penalizing them with your own version of age discrimination.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:39 am

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

This your debate credo?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:40 am

NigelUno wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I said I didn't judge what a kid did in high school. I do judge a business owner who can justify paying his employees below minimum wage.

You are judging them, and then penalizing them with your own version of age discrimination.

I see it more as rewarding younger people.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:43 am

I personally think 15% is in the low end for outstanding service but at least you aren't stiffing them. They said you don't tip older servers. That's what interested me.

I assume you were joking last week when you thought people who never leave their hometown were losers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:46 am

I posted this before. This is my standard method of tipping.

25%+ if high school or college-aged waiter and service is above average
20% if high school or college-aged waiter and service is average
15% if older than ~30 and service is above average
10% if older than ~30 and service is average
0-5% if service is terrible regardless of age

Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:49 am

NigelUno wrote:

Some of the restaurants I've been in require a bit more experience than a high school student or a full time college student can give. It might be possible.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:51 am

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Some of the restaurants I've been in require a bit more experience than a high school student or a full time college student can give. It might be possible.
True and those restaurants likely aren't paying their staff 2 bucks an hour.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:56 am

Giant Moose wrote:I posted this before. This is my standard method of tipping.

You certainly are entitled to do that and some people will be pissed at you for basing something on age, but there isn't a contract to pay some amount at most restaurants. Not that it matters to you, but my wife and I just wouldn't go out to eat with you. That would be personally embarrassing to me. But you're entitled.

I assume you just don't go into very nice restaurants that often. If you frequent a great one and they have an older staff I'd like to hear what they're saying as you're getting seated in one of their areas My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:59 am

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Does that have something to do with your tip too?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:03 am

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I posted this before. This is my standard method of tipping.

You certainly are entitled to do that and some people will be pissed at you for basing something on age, but there isn't a contract to pay some amount at most restaurants.  Not that it matters to you, but my wife and I just wouldn't go out to eat with you. That would be personally embarrassing to me.  But you're entitled.

I assume you just don't go into very nice restaurants that often. If you frequent a great one and they have an older staff I'd like to hear what they're saying as you're getting seated in one of their areas My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 502811600
I have a ton of options here. DC, Alexandria, Bethesda, Annapolis, Baltimore, etc. I rarely ever eat at the same restaurant twice in a calendar year. I would be impressed if some place remembers me 14 months later when I might frequent them again.

And I don't broadcast what I tip to people I'm out with, so you would never know.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:09 am

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:

You certainly are entitled to do that and some people will be pissed at you for basing something on age, but there isn't a contract to pay some amount at most restaurants.  Not that it matters to you, but my wife and I just wouldn't go out to eat with you. That would be personally embarrassing to me.  But you're entitled.

I have a ton of options here. DC, Alexandria, Bethesda, Annapolis, Baltimore, etc. I rarely ever eat at the same restaurant twice in a calendar year. I would be impressed if some place remembers me 14 months later when I might frequent them again.

And I don't broadcast what I tip to people I'm out with, so you would never know.

I can imagine that you wouldn't want to frequent one. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:14 am

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I can imagine that you wouldn't want to frequent one. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 502811600
I knew that would be your reply. I am sorry I live in an area with hundreds of options. There are only 52 weekends in a year to hit some of these places.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:15 am

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:

If I'm not covering the bill, I look to see what people tip. If they are cheap, I'll stick around and throw a couple more bucks down, then I'll usually call them out for it later. You'd think someone who has such a rigid tipping policy would be proud of it though, but ultimately, they know that what they are doing is frowned upon and they don't want to be embarrassed for looking cheap.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:19 am

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

If I'm not covering the bill, I look to see what people tip. If they are cheap, I'll stick around and throw a couple more bucks down, then I'll usually call them out for it later. You'd think someone who has such a rigid tipping policy would be proud of it though, but ultimately, they know that what they are doing is frowned upon and they don't want to be embarrassed for looking cheap.
Nah, it's just not very classy to discuss the tip or anything related to the bill. It's weird to broadcast how much you are paying for something.

Do you leave price tags on the gifts you give?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:28 am

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I knew that would be your reply. I am sorry I live in an area with hundreds of options. There are only 52 weekends in a year to hit some of these places.

There are 365 days in a year though. I'm not going to argue how many times you go out, that's your call. Home meals are great. Cooking is fun. I have a personal favorite. Know the staff they know me. I go at least twice a month.

Everybody has their own ways. At the end of the day people won't remember how wealthy you are but most likely they'll always remember how you treat them. Pretty much we all know that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 am

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Nah, it's just not very classy to discuss the tip or anything related to the bill. It's weird to broadcast how much you are paying for something.

The guy who tips based on age is worried about being classy. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:32 am

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Isn't that what you're doing right now?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:33 am

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I'd call out my boys if we're drunk and laughing at each other. But yeah my wife and I always try to check the total tab in a group and try to make up any difference in the tip and get it over 20% Especially if it's three or more couples. Rarely will that happen where we will even have to do that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:37 am

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

The guy who tips based on age is worried about being classy. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 502811600

Yeah, that doesn't exactly seem right

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:37 am

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:

You don't have a breakfast and/or lunch place close to you that you frequent more than twice in a year? Or whatever Spartan bar for watching games?

You're trying too hard to cover up for judging people.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:44 am

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I do the same thing if when I see somebody under tip a server. And usually if someone insists on buying, I insist of tipping.

Last edited by duffy munn on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:45 am

duffy, you pay human beings less than minimum wage. You are such a hypocrite. Again.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:47 am

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Do you ask the waiter first (how much he's making...what his health insurance plan is)?

And then adjust your tip accordingly?

Or would that not be classy?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:49 am

This is funny. The law says an establishment can pay servers below minimum wage. Most of my servers averaged well over $15 an hour.

Now, the best part of this judgment is the guy who tips based on age ( code for cheap ass) is calling out owners for the wage they pay. So GM, what would you pay your servers ? Since you are obviously very generous with your money.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:51 am

duffy munn wrote:

This is funny. The law says an establishment can pay servers below minimum wage. Most of my servers averaged well over $15 an hour.

Now, the best part of this judgment is the guy who tips based on age ( code for cheap ass) is calling out owners for the wage they pay. So GM, what would you pay your servers ? Since you are obviously very generous with your money.
I am glad you can justify paying people less than minimum wage. Hi, Ebenezer.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:54 am

How do you feel when you tell that 40-year-old he'll be starting at $2.15 an hour? My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:55 am

If everyone stopped tipping duffy would have to pay his employees like they are actual human beings. No wonder he loves tipping. More money for him.

Last edited by Giant Moose on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:56 am

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I am glad you can justify paying people less than minimum wage. Hi, Ebeneezer.

I guess you missed the $15 an hour part ( average) and the question of what wage you would pay.

In my case, and I've been out of the business for 5 years now, being a server was a damn good college job. On a busy night, a server would walk out the door with $200+ in cash after a 6 hour shift.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:57 am

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
I am glad you can justify paying people less than minimum wage. Hi, Ebeneezer.

I guess you missed the $15 an hour part ( average)  and the question of what  wage you would pay.

In my case, and I've been out of the business for 5 years now, being a server was a damn good college job. On a busy night, a server would walk out the door with $200+ in cash after a 6 hour shift.

Hey, if you were happy paying employees that low of a wage, more power to you. You have to live with yourself.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:59 am

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I guess you missed the $15 an hour part ( average)  and the question of what  wage you would pay.

Hey, if you were happy paying employees that low of a wage, more power to you. You have to live with yourself.

Another day...another Giant Moose DEFLECTION.

Now my day is complete.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:05 am

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I'll ask the simple question again: what would YOU pay your servers ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:11 am

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I'll ask the simple question again: what would YOU pay your servers ?
This is always your strategy. Who would I hire as coach? What would I pay my servers? Blah blah blah. All these fictional scenarios that would never happen because I will never be a bar owner or an athletic director.

You paid human beings 2 bucks an hour and are OK with it. Good for you. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 7 55953254

Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next