Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+28
Herbie Green
CheesySpartan
InTenSity
Nordic
TheReal_LWS
CORNER BLITZ
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Stoops21
Clarett's Folly
Mentalstate
Dendrobates
Turtleneck
Death Roe
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
y2kMgrad
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
xsanguine
DWags
Tim Wakefield
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
32 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-30, 15:55

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Great, my 6 mile commute home just went from 30 minutes to probably an hour.
Depends on where you are at. If traveling north on Mound from south of 16 you're fucked and should consider going south on Mound to 15, then to Van Dyke. If traveling north on Mound from north of 16 you'll be fine.

I usually take Ryan because it's really difficult to get on NB Mound via the Michigan left out of our parking lot. When Mound gets bad, Ryan suffers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-06-30, 15:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Depends on where you are at. If traveling north on Mound from south of 16 you're fucked and should consider going south on Mound to 15, then to Van Dyke. If traveling north on Mound from north of 16 you'll be fine.

I usually take Ryan because it's really difficult to get on NB Mound via the Michigan left out of our parking lot. When Mound gets bad, Ryan suffers.
Forget Ryan. The light at 17 is out.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-30, 16:14

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Forget Ryan. The light at 17 is out.

Thanks. Gonna have to improvise.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-04, 16:09

Township fireworks last nice from my patio. The fireworks eventually set the field on fire.

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Wp_20112
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-09, 15:47

Are forums going the way of the dodo bird?

Discovered this morning a sports forum I joined when it began in 2005 is closing at the end of the month. Forum founder is a good dude. Decided to move the forum to Facebook. It won't be the same.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-12, 19:14

Was at my desk a little after lunch.   Mild storm was rolling through the area.  No high winds and not much lightning.

Had been very quiet for quite a while, then BANG!  Lightning either hit the building or right next to it.  Startling as hell.  One of the loudest things I've ever heard.  You could feel it.  Was like a bomb went off.  Freaked the shit out of everyone in the office.

Unfortunately, it didn't knock the power out.  My screens didn't even blink.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-07-18, 23:28

I got me a girlfriend Random Ramblings - Page 23 3557613862
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-18, 23:42

Tim Wakefield wrote:I got me a girlfriend Random Ramblings - Page 23 3557613862

There goes your money.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-18, 23:49

DWags wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:I got me a girlfriend Random Ramblings - Page 23 3557613862

There goes your money.
Depends. She might tend bar late nights.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-18, 23:52

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

There goes your money.
Depends. She might tend bar late nights.

I had a steadfast rule in college: date bartenders or waitresses but never turn them into girlfriends. To much shit happens in the restaurant/bar industry. No way you can find monogamy. Enjoy it.but don't marry it or get serious with it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-19, 02:31

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Depends. She might tend bar late nights.

I had a steadfast rule in college: date bartenders or waitresses but never turn them into girlfriends. To much shit happens in the restaurant/bar industry. No way you can find monogamy. Enjoy it.but don't marry it or get serious with it.

You're both right and wrong. I dated my bartender from Dooley's and could not believe the stories she'd tell about staff sleeping with other staff. It really was mind-blowing to me. I think I even joked with her, early on, that I wished I'd worked at one of the EL bars.
On the other hand, that same bartender made it clear on our first date that she only dates one guy at a time. She also made it clear that if the guy she's seeing cheats on her, she's done. I may not be too smart, but I figured that since she was at dinner with me, then I was the guy she was seeing at the time. I've been smart enough not to fuck it up, and at the end of August, it will be the 30th anniversary of our first date. Having come from a family where divorce is pretty common, I'm pretty happy for the tGreenWays.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-19, 06:58

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

You're both right and wrong. I dated my bartender from Dooley's and could not believe the stories she'd tell about staff sleeping with other staff. It really was mind-blowing to me. I think I even joked with her, early on, that I wished I'd worked at one of the EL bars.
On the other hand, that same bartender made it clear on our first date that she only dates one guy at a time. She also made it clear that if the guy she's seeing cheats on her, she's done. I may not be too smart, but I figured that since she was at dinner with me, then I was the guy she was seeing at the time. I've been smart enough not to fuck it up, and at the end of August, it will be the 30th anniversary of our first date. Having come from a family where divorce is pretty common, I'm pretty happy for the tGreenWays.

Cool story, tGreenWay.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-19, 07:37

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well done. But yeah, the stories she told you were very true. Every relationship I know/knew from that industry either became bad break ups or divorces. You found the keeper.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-07-19, 07:40

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Taken out of context that could sound pretty psycho. I can just imagine you going to a restaurant, saying its for 2 and waiting at an empty table for the 29th time.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-07-19, 07:53

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

She told me this the other night. I'm really happy for you.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-07-21, 14:37

Moving sucks
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 17:11

I talked to my wife a few minutes ago. They are driving back from Up North*. She said they just passed West Branch. I decided to check on google maps how long that would be exactly just for fun. I mean I know approximately but something compelled me to plug in West Branch, MI as the origin and "Home" as the Destination.

I hit enter and while it was calculating I said to myself it's going to be 2 hrs and 21 minutes.

Well google fucked up and Home, despite being programmed in there with my address and auto-populating on the predictive search somehow became Home, San Diego CA during the actual query and it was unable to compute. I tried again and the same thing happened.

Ok fuck off Google. I plugged in my actual address line by line in the Destination and hit submit again, and.....2 hrs 21 minutes.

I went back through and recreated my steps to make sure it didn't flash somewhere and hit me subconsciously during the San Diego query or something. Nope.

*meets WBH's definition and WBH's definition only
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-23, 17:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I talked to my wife a few minutes ago. They are driving back from Up North*. She said they just passed West Branch. I decided to check on google maps how long that would be exactly just for fun. I mean I know approximately but something compelled me to plug in West Branch, MI as the origin and "Home" as the Destination.

I hit enter and while it was calculating I said to myself it's going to be 2 hrs and 21 minutes.

Well google fucked up and Home, despite being programmed in there with my address and auto-populating on the predictive search somehow became Home, San Diego CA during the actual query and it was unable to compute. I tried again and the same thing happened.

Ok fuck off Google. I plugged in my actual address line by line in the Destination and hit submit again, and.....2 hrs 21 minutes.

I went back through and recreated my steps to make sure it didn't flash somewhere and hit me subconsciously during the San Diego query or something. Nope.

If she was in West Branch, then she was still Up North. She won't be down state until she's south of Clare.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-23, 17:16

Oh, and she won't truly be home until she's back in my arms again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 17:23

Have fun with that tGW. She's on her "thing" and it's fairly severe, both physically and emotionally. And you will have to deal with my batshit kids, as well, including my OCD 7 year old. I'll be in Canada. Might just wanna stick to your routine up there in EL.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-23, 17:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Have fun with that tGW. She's on her "thing" and it's fairly severe, both physically and emotionally. And you will have to deal with my batshit kids, as well, including my OCD 7 year old. I'll be in Canada. Might just wanna stick to your routine up there in EL.

Keep her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-23, 17:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Have fun with that tGW. She's on her "thing" and it's fairly severe, both physically and emotionally. And you will have to deal with my batshit kids, as well, including my OCD 7 year old. I'll be in Canada. Might just wanna stick to your routine up there in EL.

Make some popcorn for Greenie, Floyd, Pantry and I to share while you explain this post to her.

Random Ramblings - Page 23 276803595 Random Ramblings - Page 23 276803595
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-23, 17:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I talked to my wife a few minutes ago. They are driving back from Up North*. She said they just passed West Branch. I decided to check on google maps how long that would be exactly just for fun. I mean I know approximately but something compelled me to plug in West Branch, MI as the origin and "Home" as the Destination.

Is she bringing pasties back from the U.P.?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-24, 21:45

Birthday today! Treated myself to getting the right front wheel bearing/hub on my vehicle replaced. Then, got home to discover the city of Troy had blessed me with a sweet new recycling container on wheels!

Birthdays aren't like they use to be.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-24, 21:50

Happy Brithday shithead....put it on the calendar here so we can plan a big celebration!! ;-)

Hope you enjoyed yourself, Turtleneck is on his way over with a gallon of raw Jersey milk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-24, 21:53

Happy birthday Pantry. Mine was 24 days ago and treated myself to a chocolate bumpy cake from Manninos. It lasted six days.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-24, 21:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:Happy birthday Pantry. Mine was 24 days ago and treated myself to a chocolate bumpy cake from Manninos. It lasted six days.

Happy Birthday Floyd......both of you two could have let us know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-24, 22:01

LooseGoose wrote:Happy Brithday shithead....put it on the calendar here so we can plan a big celebration!! ;-)

Hope you enjoyed yourself, Turtleneck is on his way over with a gallon of raw Jersey milk.
Thanks. Last time I'll be able to claim I'm 29.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-24, 22:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:Happy birthday Pantry. Mine was 24 days ago and treated myself to a chocolate bumpy cake from Manninos. It lasted six days.
Thanks and congrats.

Last time I went to Manninos was to get rolls for pulled pork sandwiches.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-07-24, 22:15

Happy birthday Pantry!

July birthdays rule. Mine is Sunday
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-07-24, 22:15

But don't get me anything guys it's okay
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 02:16

Happy Birthday, Pantry! Hope you celebrated with some pickled pigs feet stuffed into a pasty, then topped with melty velveeta! Mmmmmm, tasty!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-25, 18:47

This is unreal. Random Ramblings - Page 23 502811600

Doctors are warning people not to put this glitter capsule up their vaginas
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-25, 19:09

tGreenWay wrote:Happy Birthday, Pantry! Hope you celebrated with some pickled pigs feet stuffed into a pasty, then topped with melty velveeta! Mmmmmm, tasty!
dick
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 19:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:This is unreal. Random Ramblings - Page 23 502811600

Glitter? Damn neared killed her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 19:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:This is unreal. Random Ramblings - Page 23 502811600

Glitter bomb is so PC, but I guess Clitter bomb wouldn't get your tv ad on the Disney Channel.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-25, 19:35

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Happy Birthday, Pantry! Hope you celebrated with some pickled pigs feet stuffed into a pasty, then topped with melty velveeta! Mmmmmm, tasty!
dick

I think it's called Spotted Dick, and you'll have to shop in a specialty foods store. And no, I don't want any.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-26, 19:55

The Pantry wrote:Are forums going the way of the dodo bird?

Discovered this morning a sports forum I joined when it began in 2005 is closing at the end of the month. Forum founder is a good dude. Decided to move the forum to Facebook. It won't be the same.
Closes tomorrow

PistonsForum

Had a lot of fun there, especially when the '04 Pistons window of opportunity was still open.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-26, 21:30

I hope Travis' quilting forum is still running strong.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-28, 09:49

Former Warren strip club Jon Jon's to become Dairy Queen

For some reason I find this kind of funny.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next