Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+79
CORNER BLITZ
Townie
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
steveschneider
Marc Summers
tTito
Watch Out Pylon!
y2kMgrad
Wally Fairway
Jake from State Farm
Radio Raheem
75alum
Bill Cain
HT
SpartanMikey
The_Dude
Nommad2
beal99
Tyler Durden
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
CrazySparty
Code_Warrior
Inglewood Jack
Dolph Ziggler
Giant Moose
Death Roe
Cym Jim
Clarett's Folly
Johnny Alpamayo
Ted Brogan
Kramerica
WCS
Masturbates
WhiteBoyHatcher
Sponge Worthy
MJ
Brock Middlebrook
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Loose Stools
DWags
Zapp Brannigan
Jor El
Izzo Court
LoneWolfSparty
Frank Ricard
Crazy Jim9
Ham Porter
Sparty on brah!
Roger Waymeth
Fallenangle
Ass Dan
GirbaudJeans
tanfan!
pulling69
tig ol bitties
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Cosmo_Kramer
SpartanGuard
Heat Miser
The Pantry
NigelUno
dubie7006
The Lonely Stoner
J T
Dendrobates
goodbar
AMwood
greenmachine
Cameron
WBill
SeeRockCity
tGreenWay
Molon Labe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
83 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Fallenangle Tue 29 Apr 2014 - 23:33

If we were capable of eating ourselves, would we be twice as big or disappear into nothing?
Fallenangle
Fallenangle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Waymeth Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 9:24

If you had told 15 year old Roger Waymeth that at 35 years of age he'd have numerous people putting their hands on his pecker, testicles and even babbling in putting a finger in his butthole he probably would have figured his life was pretty goddamned sweet.
Tell little Roger that it's because of pain and inflammation in all of those areas. And the people fondling him aren't hot ass chicks, but middle-aged doctors, he probably would have started drinking at a much earlier age.
Roger Waymeth
Roger Waymeth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 9:29

Roger Waymeth wrote:If you had told 15 year old Roger Waymeth that at 35 years of age he'd have numerous people putting their hands on his pecker, testicles and even babbling in putting a finger in his butthole he probably would have figured his life was pretty goddamned sweet.  
Tell little Roger that it's because of pain and inflammation in all of those areas.  And the people fondling him aren't hot ass chicks, but middle-aged doctors, he probably would have started drinking at a much earlier age.

That's young man. Good luck with your junk.

Sincerely.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 16:54

It really fucking annoys me that even "professional" journalists don't know the English language anymore, 2 examples just from today:

The scion of one of the nation’s biggest home-building fortunes and the former blight warrior in Detroit has a new roll: leading the city of Pontiac’s blight efforts.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140430/NEWS01/304300193/Bill-Pulte-Jr-L-Brooks-Patterson-blight

Rick Jones, Sheffield’s campaign manager, says the rule on registered voters circulating petitions needs to be followed and cannot be bended even for potential clerical problems by the Detroit city clerk.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140430/POLITICS03/304300089/Conyers-has-little-room-error-ballot-petition-challenge
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 17:02

LooseGoose wrote:It really fucking annoys me that even "professional" journalists don't know the English language anymore, 2 examples just from today:

The scion of one of the nation’s biggest home-building fortunes and the former blight warrior in Detroit has a new roll: leading the city of Pontiac’s blight efforts.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140430/NEWS01/304300193/Bill-Pulte-Jr-L-Brooks-Patterson-blight

So can I take a guess?  The first one is clunky, but the only error I see is bolded above..... It makes it sound like he's talking about two people when it's the same dude being further described?  The second one's obvious.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparty on brah! Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 17:16

This new board is awesome.

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Week-in-review-darren-criss-gifs-awesome
Sparty on brah!
Sparty on brah!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 17:58

Rocinante wrote:

So can I take a guess?  The first one is clunky, but the only error I see is bolded above..... It makes it sound like he's talking about two people when it's the same dude being further described?  The second one's obvious.

Problem in #1 is roll/role.

I'm not seeing a problem with #2 personally. Is it meant to be bended? Because google tells me that is technically correct, even if bent would be more commonly used. Maybe I'm missing something really obvious.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 18:04

I was sitting there eating my asparagus and this report comes on the news rating various products to sanitize your phone. Some of these products sounded expensive. So I'm thinking what do I care, they're my germs :shrug:
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 18:10

Clonkers wrote:This new board is awesome.

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Week-in-review-darren-criss-gifs-awesome
Don't mean to rain on your parade but you should read this thread

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t189-have-you-carried-any-grudges-from-the-other-board-over-to-the-new-much-better-board

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 18:16

Cameron wrote:

I'm not seeing a problem with #2 personally. Is it meant to be bended? Because google tells me that is technically correct, even if bent would be more commonly used. Maybe I'm missing something really obvious.

Yeah, bended is not correct. Even if it's technically a word.

But back to the first one. I missed the roll thing  Random Ramblings - Page 3 1431518612 

But also, saying "The congressman and the former professional baseball player has a new role: blah blah blah" Is shitty anyway because that extra "the" makes it sound like you're talking about two people until you see the verb has revealing that it's one person possessing the identifier of congressman and professional baseball player. It should n't be that hard to decipher a sentence.

So even though I'm dumb for missing roll  Random Ramblings - Page 3 2743283739 , I'm not dumb enough to construct a sentence like that.

Random Ramblings - Page 3 3662518500 
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 18:55

Cameron wrote:

'

I was wrong then, I'd never heard "bended" used.

And yesterday at Sports Illustrated:

Once he was taught to run and given the name California Chrome, Coburn and Martin sent him to a septuagenarian trainer who had once slept on hay bails in a railway car next to Swaps when the colt made the trip from Los Angeles to Louisville before his victory in the 1955 Kentucky Derby. Now, for the first time in nearly 60 years, Art Sherman, 77, is going back to the Derby. And he's going with the likely favorite.

He's their horse racing writer and doesn't know a hay "bale" from "bail"....?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20140429/california-chrome-derby/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 19:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Would another summer in EL be such a bad thing? Or shit, are you the guy who goes to UofM?  scratch 

Yeah I suck
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:49

I leave for vacation on Sat and I've checked out of since Monday.  Random Ramblings - Page 3 2275418548 
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparty on brah! Fri 2 May 2014 - 12:41

This happened yesterday.... Random Ramblings - Page 3 1550444538 
Random Ramblings - Page 3 Screen13
Sparty on brah!
Sparty on brah!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Fri 2 May 2014 - 22:52

I lost a $20 bill today doing yard work. **** me.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat 3 May 2014 - 0:33

Guess what awesome thing I'm doing on a Friday night? Sitting INA fucking hotel while my fucking girlfriend does a fucking mortgage class online so she can get her fucking loan for her fucking stupid fucking house.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat 3 May 2014 - 0:34

F.U.C.K!!!!!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 3 May 2014 - 8:42

y2kMgrad wrote: I lost a $20 bill today doing yard work. **** me.

You and yard work were not meant for each other. Maybe you should pay somebody to do that work.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ham Porter Sat 3 May 2014 - 8:59

Every spring I'm all like "**** yeah time to mow the lawn!" Then shortly after I'm all like "I don't wanna mow no mo"
Ham Porter
Ham Porter
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 3 May 2014 - 9:11

Garlic bologna. I really need to make a habit of buying this shit more often.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans Sat 3 May 2014 - 11:57

I need your opinion here. Our nanny lives about 5 minutes away from us and sometimes stays at her boyfriends house which is 20 minutes away. My wife is about to squirt out our second kid any day now and our nanny is on call in case it happens in the middle of the night. If it does and we call our nanny do you think it is OK to leave the house and head to the hospital while the nanny is en route. Our daughter is 2 1/2 and sleeps through the night.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Jim9 Sat 3 May 2014 - 12:04

Rocinante wrote:Guess what awesome thing I'm doing on a Friday night? Sitting INA fucking hotel while my fucking girlfriend does a fucking mortgage class online so she can get her fucking loan for her fucking stupid fucking house.

Screaming kids.

Screaming kids, all around me.

Screaming kids, everywhere I go.

Screaming kids, I put them to bed and then I crash, before a full nights sleep, screaming kids are already awake.

I cannot even think in my own head with these screaming kids.

I would give almost anything to have a quiet night in a hotel room.

Oh...sweet silence, I covet you!
Crazy Jim9
Crazy Jim9
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Jim9 Sat 3 May 2014 - 12:06

GirbaudJeans wrote:I need your opinion here.  Our nanny lives about 5 minutes away from us and sometimes stays at her boyfriends house which is 20 minutes away.  My wife is about to squirt.... 

I got lost in thought at this point, sorry.
Crazy Jim9
Crazy Jim9
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Sat 3 May 2014 - 12:25

Goddamn smokers....hey cocksucker, the earth isn't a fucking ashtray.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Sat 3 May 2014 - 12:46

Frank Ricard wrote:Goddamn smokers....hey cocksucker, the earth isn't a fucking ashtray.

Then don't take ashtrays out of automobiles. Want smokers to just throw the butts on their leather upholstery?
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 3 May 2014 - 13:03

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

Then don't take ashtrays out of automobiles. Want smokers to just throw the butts on their leather upholstery?

If you cannot figure out how to reasonably dispose of your cigarettes, maybe the solution is not to smoke in the car.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Sat 3 May 2014 - 13:07

Turtleneck wrote:

If you cannot figure out how to reasonably dispose of your cigarettes, maybe the solution is not to smoke in the car.

Why shun smokers with the removal of ashtrays then? If it's a legal act under the federal government?

Why don't you people ever call out those who throw McDonald's bags on the freeways and inner-city streets? That seems much worse.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 3 May 2014 - 13:16

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

Why shun smokers with the removal of ashtrays then? If it's a legal act under the federal government?

Why don't you people ever call out those who throw McDonald's bags on the freeways and inner-city streets? That seems much worse.

It's all littering to me, and it's all the same to me (either cigarettes or white castle bags). I never had any interest in law enforcement, but I would like to be a police officer just to write littering tickets and harass people that use the earth as a trash can. I am not sure why there are no longer ash trays in cars. That seems like something to take up with the automakers. Now that you mention it, I can't remember the last time I had an ash tray in a car. Is that pretty universal among domestic and foreign cars?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat 3 May 2014 - 13:37

Crazy Jim9 wrote:

Screaming kids.

Screaming kids, all around me.

Screaming kids, everywhere I go.

Screaming kids, I put them to bed and then I crash, before a full nights sleep, screaming kids are already awake.

I cannot even think in my own head with these screaming kids.

I would give almost anything to have a quiet night in a hotel room.

Oh...sweet silence, I covet you!

Oh did I mention she has a daughter? She's with her dad this weekend.

I'm a man. I'm almost 40. I don't need this shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 3 May 2014 - 14:20

Frank Ricard wrote:Goddamn smokers....hey cocksucker, the earth isn't a fucking ashtray.
Completely agree.  I smoke and get pissed when I see someone toss a butt out a car window.

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:Then don't take ashtrays out of automobiles. Want smokers to just throw the butts on their leather upholstery?
Car ashtrays sucked even when they were standard equipment...very messy to deal with and made sure your car smelled like shit 247/365.  

A 1/4 full half liter water bottle in the cupholder is much better.  No fucking around trying to put a cig out and you can cap it off when not in use.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Sat 3 May 2014 - 16:04

The Pantry wrote:
Completely agree.  I smoke and get pissed when I see someone toss a butt out a car window.

Car ashtrays sucked even when they were standard equipment...very messy to deal with and made sure your car smelled like shit 247/365.  

A 1/4 full half liter water bottle in the cupholder is much better.  No fucking around trying to put a cig out and you can cap it off when not in use.

At least I'm not a douche who throws cigs at other cars, just whipping it out a window and hitting windshields. I will flick it on the curb at a red light or something, when I do it.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Sat 3 May 2014 - 16:05

The Pantry wrote:

At least I'm not a douche who throws cigs at other cars, just whipping it out a window and hitting windshields. I will flick it on the curb at a red light or something, when I do it.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 3 May 2014 - 23:32

Sometimes I just want to stay in, drink beer, and watch basketball. Is that so wrong? Friends guilt trip me as they went to a party, I like some Game 7 and some basketball. Sue me. I'll be in EL all summer with plenty time to party. Go Golden State.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun 4 May 2014 - 0:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sometimes I just want to stay in, drink beer, and watch basketball. Is that so wrong? Friends guilt trip me as they went to a party, I like some Game 7 and some basketball. Sue me. I'll be in EL all summer with plenty time to party. Go Golden State.

Nothing wrong with that. I felt the same way during football season in college.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun 4 May 2014 - 11:18

I really need to clean out my fridge. I have a half-opened bottle of Ranch in there from like, October.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 4 May 2014 - 12:24

y2kMgrad wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. I felt the same way during football season in college.

If I rooted for UM, I would want to stay home and drink during CFB season, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun 4 May 2014 - 12:30

Turtleneck wrote:

Well, when I was there we were pretty damn good. Things have since changed. cherry 
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 4 May 2014 - 12:50

Turtleneck wrote:

Hahaha  Random Ramblings - Page 3 506486848 
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 4 May 2014 - 13:15

y2kMgrad wrote:

Well, when I was there we were pretty damn good. Things have since changed. cherry 

UM did have a great run against Michigan Female College and Michigan College of the Mines.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 5 May 2014 - 14:37

Do you think....

A) He knew it was a Baby Ruth
B) He knew it was candy bar but was not sure what kind
C) He had no clue and took a bite to find out what it was

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Caddy-shack-2