Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial speculate about the bald eagle sightings in Fruitport thread

+25
MattyFresh
Triple Sparty
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
duffy munn
Herbie Green
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Clarett's Folly
InTenSity
Nordic
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
TheReal_LWS
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
SeeRockCity
aualum06
DWags
Death Roe
Turtleneck
29 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

tOfficial speculate about the bald eagle sightings in Fruitport thread Empty tOfficial speculate about the bald eagle sightings in Fruitport thread

Post by Turtleneck Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 18:51

WMU: The Fighting Oarsmen are 3-0, with two wins against the B10. Given his ability to recruit, combined with 9+ wins, Fleck might find himself in contention for one of these jobs...

Auburn: The football crazy Auburn fans are probably ready to run Malzahn out of town.
Tennessee: They look terrible. It took OT to beat Bob Sak State, they come back and thrash VaTech only to get a game from Ohio the next week. Jones is not making friends.
Oregon: I doubt that Helfrich is fired, but Oregon also seems to be declining. Four losses last year and not looking too great this year. FIRED
Notre Dame: The big on e. Is Kelly getting fired? Probably not, but three weeks in and they are out of the championship picture and fans with mobile studios are upset.
LSU: They are perpetually unhappy with Miles. FIRED
Purdue: They could fire Hazell, but they are Purdue so I do not know how much would change.
FIRED

Some new additions...

NIU: Accustomed to being a good to very good MAC team, but are playing really bad right now.
UK: It is Kentucky football. I am not sure they know they have a football team in Lexington.
USC: Maybe way too early to tell - he in year two - but Helton's Trojans are not good.
Miami, OH: Chuck Martin should get a mention. He followed Kelly at GVSU and then went to ND as an asst. coach. Now he is in year three as the HC at Miami. He has won a total of five games at Miami.
Texas: Now under .500. If they stay that way, Strong might be looking for new employment. FIRED
Connecticut: Diaco has won 11 games in three years, and finished the year on a big losing streak.

Fired and not listed above

FIU fires Ron Turner.
Nevada fires Brian Polian
SJSU fires Ron Caragher
FAU fires Charlie Partridge
Fresno St fires Tim DeRuyter
Indiana's Kevin Wilson resigned
Cincinnati's Tommy Tuberville resigned

Last edited by Turtleneck on Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 19:06; edited 16 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial speculate about the bald eagle sightings in Fruitport thread Empty Re: tOfficial speculate about the bald eagle sightings in Fruitport thread

Post by Death Roe Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 18:56

I could see Fleck taking LSU. I know a guy whose boss is a booster for the athletic department. Miles' days are pretty much numbered, and might even be let go before the season ends.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial speculate about the bald eagle sightings in Fruitport thread Empty Re: tOfficial speculate about the bald eagle sightings in Fruitport thread

Post by DWags Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 18:59

Purdue
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 19:00

Death Roe wrote:I could see Fleck taking LSU. I know a guy whose boss is a booster for the athletic department. Miles' days are pretty much numbered, and might even be let go before the season ends.

It's kind of ridiculous they brought him back
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 19:03

Death Roe wrote:I could see Fleck taking LSU. I know a guy whose boss is a booster for the athletic department. Miles' days are pretty much numbered, and might even be let go before the season ends.

Miles is gone after this season (or before). No way they give PJ the keys to that ferrari before he shows he can handle the vette. PJ will need a Cincinnati / Iowa State / Rutgers kind of stop before he gets asked to run a power program. IMHO.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 19:31

SeeRockCity wrote:

Miles is gone after this season (or before). No way they give PJ the keys to that ferrari before he shows he can handle the vette. PJ will need a Cincinnati / Iowa State / Rutgers kind of stop before he gets asked to run a power program. IMHO.

Plus someone might be triggered when he starts rowing tBoat around the levees
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:01

There is no way LSU would hire Fleck, nor would any of those other schools (except maybe Purdue).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:13

NigelUno wrote:There is no way LSU would hire Fleck, nor would any of those other schools (except maybe Purdue).

Thanks for your input.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:21

I'm guessing there will be a moderator position or two open at tSwill as one or two of the current regime will likely get ousted for pushing buttons, doxxing, sharing mod passwords with other posters, banning posters for being wailing vaginas, banning posters for being grand wizards of the klu klux klan, editing posts to tilt posters, the list goes on.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:26

Notre Dame. Expected to go to the playoff, 2 losses in a row. And it hasn't even been close.

Kelly is toast.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:30

TheReal_LWS wrote:Notre Dame. Expected to go to the playoff, 2 losses in a row. And it hasn't even been close.

Kelly is toast.

In a row?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:30

Bob Stoops looked genuinely perplexed post game. Basically sounded like he wasn't sure he could keep his team motivated.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:31

DWags wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:Notre Dame. Expected to go to the playoff, 2 losses in a row. And it hasn't even been close.

Kelly is toast.

In a row?

Nevada was a scrimmage?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:32

DWags wrote:

Kelly is toast.

In a row?

Did I miss a week? Whatever, they are 1-2. tOfficial speculate about the bald eagle sightings in Fruitport thread 3836498553
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:34

kingstonlake wrote:Bob Stoops looked genuinely perplexed post game. Basically sounded like he wasn't sure he could keep his team motivated.

I'm pretty sure stoops is gone
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:38

aualum06 wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Bob Stoops looked genuinely perplexed post game. Basically sounded like he wasn't sure he could keep his team motivated.

Wha? He had them in the playoffs last year.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:46

SeeRockCity wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Wha?  He had them in the playoffs last year.

Yeah, that's not happening.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:47

SeeRockCity wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I feel like that gives him some room for error. But they are pretty disappointing right now. Another big program with big hopes out of the payoff picture by week three. A really bad season and all those memories his teams disappointing  - and there have many - will come flooding back. Another case of fans, boosters, and admins that might be expecting too much.

Mark Stoops at UK is probably done.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:50; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:50

Auburn extended Malzahn through 2020 in June '16
ND extended Kelly through 2021 in January '16
Oregon extended Helfrich through 2020 in Feb '15

Hazell could lose his job and no one would be surprised.
The biggest reason Miles kept his job and Justin Fuente left Memphis for VaTech was Louisiana's governor told LSU to expect cuts if they spent millions to get rid of Miles regardless of where the funds for the buyout came from.

Fleck will be 36 at the end of the season and is undercontract through 2020 making around $800K/season making him the highest paid coach in the MAC. With that kind of security Fleck can wait. It will almost have to be a Power 5 school.

Don't know if LSU would take a chance on a young MAC coach born in Illinois. Don't know if Fleck would want to go to East Lafayette and try to get Purdue back to where they were under Tiller.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:52

PJs gonna hang tight in K-zoo until Coach D retires so he can RTB down the Red Cedar.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:55

GRR Spartan wrote:Auburn extended Malzahn through 2020 in June '16
ND extended Kelly through 2021 in January '16
Oregon extended Helfrich through 2020 in Feb '15

Hazell could lose his job and no one would be surprised.
The biggest reason Miles kept his job and Justin Fuente left Memphis for VaTech was Louisiana's governor told LSU to expect cuts if they spent millions to get rid of Miles regardless of where the funds for the buyout came from.

Fleck will be 36 at the end of the season and is undercontract through 2020 making around $800K/season making him the highest paid coach in the MAC. With that kind of security Fleck can wait. It will almost have to be a Power 5 school.

Don't know if LSU would take a chance on a young MAC coach born in Illinois. Don't know if Fleck would want to go to East Lafayette and try to get Purdue back to where they were under Tiller.

You're putting too much stock in contract extensions. I think Auburn fired Chizik 12 months after extending his contract 4-5 years and giving him 3+ million a year.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:56

Turtleneck wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

I feel like that gives him some room for error. But they are pretty disappointing right now. Another big program with big hopes out of the payoff picture by week three. A really bad season and all those memories his teams disappointing  - and there have many - will come flooding back. Another case of fans, boosters, and admins that might be expecting too much.

When's the last time Stoops won a big game?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:PJs gonna hang tight in K-zoo until Coach D retires so he can RTB down the Red Cedar.

I wonder if NW would ever part ways with Fitzgerald. Then he could row across Lake Michigan.

Seriously, as an MSU fan, how would you feel if he started that RTB stuff in EL and was putting oars on everything?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:59

I'd be down. He's the most hilariously entertaining coaching personality in CFB. And he's a good coach. Young and energetic and the kids love him. He'd wreck shit in EL.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 21:00

Though the oars/RTB shit might not play so hot/original at his second stop. Might need to come up with a new mantra. Plow The Field or some and such.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 21:04

aualum06 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think they beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl 2-3 years ago.

But there was the blowout loss to USC in the Orange Bowl 8-10 years ago. I think they were undefeated and a title was on the line. I also think that was part of a string of bowl losses that included the Boisie St. debacle and another loss in a championship game.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 23:21

aualum06 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

He thrashed Bama in a bowl game in 2014 I think.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 23:47

SeeRockCity wrote:

This is my thinking, as well. Something similar to Urban Liar's path from BG to Utah before getting the call to the big leagues.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 23:49

Saw the same interview. Not something you ever want to hear from a head coach.

That said, he's not going anywhere. Unless he just quits. He looked like a beaten man in that interview and Oklahoma is not going anywhere anytime soon.

That conference is a mess. They all run gimmick tempo because they don't have the players. Kansas... holy shit... Kansas. Texas Tech D... holy shit... Texas Tech D. Gundy's mullet... holy shit... Gundy's mullet. Texas is the long-term only hope for that conference.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 21:38

Add NIU to the list. Vey good stepping stone job. 0-4 right now with a loss to I-AA West. Illinois today.

Miles better start packing. Maybe AssDan will take over at LSU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 22:28

MSU job will be open. I'm sure we have 'fans'calling for jobs.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 22:31

LSU

so far
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 22:36

InTenSity wrote:MSU job will be open. I'm sure we have 'fans'calling for jobs.

Bring on Coach Fleck!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 23:36

Nordic wrote:

Saw the same interview. Not something you ever want to hear from a head coach.

That said, he's not going anywhere. Unless he just quits. He looked like a beaten man in that interview and Oklahoma is not going anywhere anytime soon.

That conference is a mess. They all run gimmick tempo because they don't have the players. Kansas... holy shit... Kansas. Texas Tech D... holy shit... Texas Tech D. Gundy's mullet... holy shit... Gundy's mullet. Texas is the long-term only hope for that conference.

Big 12 football is a bigger joke than Big 12 basketball.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 23:37

Also, how many videographers will have to die to save Brian Kelly?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 23:40

Clarett's Folly wrote:Also, how many videographers will have to die to save Brian Kelly?

Em, er, not gonna laugh..... but he's going to need some divine intervention
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 23:49

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Also, how many videographers will have to die to save Brian Kelly?

Em, er, not gonna laugh..... but he's going to need some divine intervention

Tragedy + Time = Comedy.
I think we're good here.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 25 Sep 2016 - 16:36

Wow

Ross Dellenger@RossDellenger 4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING: Multiple sources confirm to The Advocate that #LSU has fired football coach Les Miles and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 25 Sep 2016 - 16:52

Petrino or the Houston coach to LSU?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 25 Sep 2016 - 16:52

Only speculating here, but I'm thinking LSU will be looking for a head coach soon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next