Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 Presidential Election

+21
sεяεηιτλ
Cameron
DWags
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
steveschneider
Nordic
InTenSity
Wally Fairway
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Pervis Muldoon
Robert J Sakimano
RQA
AvgMSUJoe
PennSpartan
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Trapper Gus
aualum06
25 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

2024 Presidential Election  - Page 5 Empty Re: 2024 Presidential Election

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-17, 10:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
I don't think Desantis will do as well nationally as people think. I know not a lot of people watched the Florida Gov debate, but Crist outperformed him. When things are carefully tailored to him and he knows the questions beforehand, he flounders. I don't know if Trump will get to him, but who knows. I also think Florida is a mirage, due to him setting the gerrymandered map.
Gimme something here, I have to be hopeful, right?

Having an opponent like Crist really inflates the perception of DeSantis being loved by so many here.  I posted elsewhere (or maybe in this thread), that DeSantis only won by 30,000 votes in 2018, and Crist got like a million less votes than the 2018 opponent.  Voter turnout was 63% in 2018, and only 53% this year.  That's not an outpouring of love.  That was people not caring.

Combined with a big fat red thumb on the election scale in Florida.  The people voted to allow felons who had served their time to vote, the Republicans added on that all the court fees had to be paid before they could vote and then made sure there was no way to know what the amount of those fees are, thus continuing to block a mostly minority voting block from voting.  The they started arresting people who were told they were legally allowed to vote, when they voted.

Florida is the most corrupt state government in the nation, and it has some pretty stiff competition in other Republican run states.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

sεяεηιτλ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-17, 13:48

2024 Presidential Election  - Page 5 Carnac_the_Magnificent

Biden Harris 2024
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-18, 09:23

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/key-evangelical-figures-turn-on-trump-he-used-us/ar-AA14fSKb?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=cc7a4693c27e4c00a038fe9108fd70a5

Gosh Bob, there may be a sliver of hope for our "Christian" friends.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-18, 09:28

Trapper Gus wrote:

Florida is the most corrupt state government in the nation, and it has some pretty stiff competition in other Republican run states.

Well, that explains why people are abandoning states like FL and TX and moving to IL, NY and MI
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-18, 09:36

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Well, that explains why people are abandoning states like FL and TX and moving to IL, NY and MI

You better check your facts, Herr RQA.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-18, 10:29

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

RQA's hot take of the week: Politicians control the weather.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-18, 13:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
RQA wrote:

Weather in FL, TX, IL, NY, and MI has pretty much been the same over the past century.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-18, 14:00

RQA wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Weather in FL, TX, IL, NY, and MI has pretty much been the same over the past century.

Hold my beer...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-19, 06:52

RQA wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Last weekend we had 70 degree temps. This weekend we have in the 20s. Doesn’t feel like the same weather to me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-19, 09:32

steveschneider wrote:

Last weekend we had 70 degree temps. This weekend we have in the 20s. Doesn’t feel like the same weather to me.

Factcheck:

Last weekend in Detroit, the high temp was 43 on Sat and 40 on Sunday.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-19, 09:39

RQA wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Factcheck:

The entire world doesn’t live in Detroit.

But, on Thursday last week, which is pretty close to the weekend, it was 70 in Detroit. So I mean I don’t know what you think you’re even trying to say other than focusing on mundane technicalities.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-19, 09:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
RQA wrote:

Factcheck:

But, on Thursday last week, which is pretty close to the weekend, it was 70 in Detroit. So I mean I don’t know what you think you’re even trying to say other than focusing on mundane technicalities.

Those of us at the Rutgers game know that the temp was not "70 last weekend". That's a "mundane technicality"? 2024 Presidential Election  - Page 5 502811600

Good to know that in the TOTC world the weekend starts on Thursday! 2024 Presidential Election  - Page 5 420617953

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-19, 10:09

RQA wrote:

Those of us at the Rutgers game know that the temp was not "70 last weekend".    That's a "mundane technicality"?   2024 Presidential Election  - Page 5 502811600

Good to know that in the TOTC world the weekend starts on Thursday!   2024 Presidential Election  - Page 5 420617953

Again, there are people here, on this very board, who do not live in Michigan. I understand that that’s a mind blowing concept.

But hey, if you want to argue about mundane details- last week there was a federal holiday on Friday, Veterans Day. Thursday was 70 degrees in Michigan. Thus, Thursday evening was the weekend and it was 70. Why do you not acknowledge Veterans Day? More specifically why do you hate the troops? What kind of anti American piece of shit hates Veterans Day the way you do?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-19, 10:13

Travis, please stop going back-and-forth with the self proclaimed "most educated person on the board." You can't keep up. Step aside and respect your intellectual superior.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-19, 10:16

Turtleneck wrote:Travis, please stop going back-and-forth with the self proclaimed "most educated person on the board." You can't keep up. Step aside and respect your intellectual superior.

I just want him to use his intellect to explain why he has such an over the top disdain for the troops. I mean, I’ve never seen someone show such a ridiculous disregard for the troops. The guys just seethes hatred for troops and I need to know why.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and sεяεηιτλ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-19, 10:18

Checking in from Denver to confirm Travis’ genius.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-19, 10:29

Turtleneck wrote:Travis, please stop going back-and-forth with the self proclaimed "most educated person on the board." You can't keep up. Step aside and respect your intellectual superior.

I just want him to use his intellect to explain why he has such an over the top disdain for the troops. I mean, I’ve never seen someone show such a ridiculous disregard for the troops. The guys just seethes hatred for troops and I need to know why.

He also hates guns (wants to take them away from everybody) so RQA is generally anti-American. I suspect he is from Canada given the level of hate for America.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-20, 08:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote: last week there was a federal holiday on Friday, Veterans Day. Thursday was 70 degrees in Michigan. Thus, Thursday evening was the weekend ...

Ah ... no.

That Veteran's Day was on Friday does not make Thursday the weekend.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-20, 08:57

You're right TN. I respect Travis as my boss and he should respect me as his intellectual superior.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-20, 22:55

Having interacted with RQA many times, it doesn't surprise me that he deflected a claim about red state corruption with a non sequitur about directional migration that was answered with a quip about the weather which led to his ridiculous claim that the weather had been changeless for a century in several states which was followed by a tongue-in-cheek dismissal of his silly claim pointing out that the weather had changed from one weekend to the next which spurred him to question the poster's definition of weekend which inspired another poster to accurately point out that if a Friday is a holiday the previous evening is the beginning of a weekend which triggered RQA's emoji-punctuated follow-up that doubled down on his weekend error. No, it doesn't surprise me in the least.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-20, 23:24

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Having interacted with RQA many times, it doesn't surprise me that he deflected a claim about red state corruption with a non sequitur about directional migration that was answered with a quip about the weather which led to his ridiculous claim that the weather had been changeless for a century in several states which was followed by a tongue-in-cheek dismissal of his silly claim pointing out that the weather had changed from one weekend to the next which spurred him to question the poster's definition of weekend which inspired another poster to accurately point out that if a Friday is a holiday the previous evening is the beginning of a weekend which triggered RQA's emoji-punctuated follow-up that doubled down on his weekend error. No, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

In your experience has he always hated the troops to his absolute core or did a troop do something to him recently to make him despise all troops deep within his soul in a way that manifests itself in frightening ways?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-20, 23:59

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Having interacted with RQA many times, it doesn't surprise me that he deflected a claim about red state corruption with a non sequitur about directional migration that was answered with a quip about the weather which led to his ridiculous claim that the weather had been changeless for a century in several states which was followed by a tongue-in-cheek dismissal of his silly claim pointing out that the weather had changed from one weekend to the next which spurred him to question the poster's definition of weekend which inspired another poster to accurately point out that if a Friday is a holiday the previous evening is the beginning of a weekend which triggered RQA's emoji-punctuated follow-up that doubled down on his weekend error. No, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

In your experience has he always hated the troops to his absolute core or did a troop do something to him recently to make him despise all troops deep within his soul in a way that manifests itself in frightening ways?

In all fairness to RQA, I think he's okay with some of the white ones.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-21, 08:12

So, what will Joe's health be for the next two years?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-21, 08:29

[tw]1594378190931333122[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-21, 08:31

Perhaps I should post this on the main board. I am considering going to State College this weekend. I know, we don't seem to have much of a chance but I am told they have a great game experience and it's one of the 4 venues in the Big Ten that I have not seen a game at.

Anyone know what the weather will be like on Thursday?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-21, 08:36

RQA wrote:

Perhaps I should post this on the main board. I am considering going to State College this weekend. I know, we don't seem to have much of a chance but I am told they have a great game experience and it's one of the 4 venues in the Big Ten that I have not seen a game at.

You are correct, you should ask this on the "main board"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-11-21, 09:32

RQA wrote:

45 and cloudy Thursday, 48 and 60% chance of rain Friday 47 and 50% chance of rain Saturday
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-21, 10:23

https://popular.info/p/trumps-paymaster
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte