Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+33
Bill Cain
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Cameron
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
TheReal_LWS
AvgMSUJoe
GirbaudJeans
Banks2Mason
goodbar
DWags
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
InTenSity
loogoldham
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Senior Dickfist
Dendrobates
37 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:So fed up with pedestrians in East Lansing (everyone, not just students), most of whom take their lazy ass sweet time crossing streets. Having the right of way doesn’t mean you can slumber across in whatever time you feel like taking. You get a set amount of time; beyond that, you’re holding up all the cars waiting to turn or stuck behind cars waiting to turn. Here’s an idea, maybe even cross before time runs out in the crosswalk. That extra time isn’t for you to spend just because you’ve got it allocated to you. Like so many other things in life: Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Move it along, you lazy ass piece of shit motherfucking fucks.
sorry, dude - I was perfecting my pimp walk.

Your pimp walk looks exactly like those walvies heading into walmart, and moves about as fast as the fat fucks clogging up the aisles on their Amigos.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun May 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I couldn’t do it, or at least wouldn’t ever want to. I’m one of those affected by sun. Mood is so much better on sunny days.

Ummm, they're getting 24 hours of sunlight for the next 83 days. Isn't that what you want?

Sorry, Jake. Misread the title. I was thinking about winter when it’s dark and scary.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun May 12, 2019 11:36 pm

Man I am beat.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 13, 2019 5:16 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: sorry, dude - I was perfecting my pimp walk.

Your pimp walk looks exactly like those walvies heading into walmart, and moves about as fast as the fat fucks clogging up the aisles on their Amigos.
4'9"
235 lbs
48X26
BP = 240/135
RHR = A-Fib
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Mon May 13, 2019 9:22 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

4'9"
235 lbs
48X26
BP = 240/135
RHR = A-Fib

You've really let yourself go. You should look into that.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon May 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Jimmy Carter is a badass.

[tw]1128023227211685893[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri May 17, 2019 5:32 pm

Sushi is my most favorite food. I could eat it every day. When the craving hits, absolutely nothing will satisfy it. The problem is I spend a lot of money on it. I don’t care about fancy things, clothes, purses, etc. But delicious sushi in my mouth is worth every penny.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri May 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Sushi is my most favorite food. I could eat it every day. When the craving hits, absolutely nothing will satisfy it. The problem is I spend a lot of money on it. I don’t care about fancy things, clothes, purses, etc. But delicious sushi in my mouth is worth every penny.

Everyone should have something like this for themselves, if they can afford it. It’s just like you said in the disease thread: Life is short.
It’s those who cant afford much but still crank up debt buying all the other things you listed who get in trouble because they have no clue and don’t want the responsibility of figuring it out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri May 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Sushi is my most favorite food. I could eat it every day. When the craving hits, absolutely nothing will satisfy it. The problem is I spend a lot of money on it. I don’t care about fancy things, clothes, purses, etc. But delicious sushi in my mouth is worth every penny.
What are your favorite sushi joints? Ever check out Noble Fish in Clawson?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat May 18, 2019 5:51 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Everyone should have something like this for themselves, if they can afford it. It’s just like you said in the disease thread: Life is short.
It’s those who cant afford much but still crank up debt buying all the other things you listed who get in trouble because they have no clue and don’t want the responsibility of figuring it out.

I generally can afford it. But if I get it too much, than dinners are on the light side for a few days Random Ramblings - Page 13 502811600

The Pantry wrote:
What are your favorite sushi joints?  Ever check out Noble Fish in Clawson?

I have not been to that one. I feel I’ve eaten at a lot of sushi places though. Sansu in EL is still one of my favorites. Umi sushi in Shelby Twp is good. Wow sushi in Rochester is pretty good and I like their lunch options. I’m not a fan of itchiban, one I can’t remember the name in AA, not the one in Clinton Twp on Garfield. I will pass on those.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat May 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
What are your favorite sushi joints?  Ever check out Noble Fish in Clawson?

I have not been to that one. I feel I’ve eaten at a lot of sushi places though. Sansu in EL is still one of my favorites. Umi sushi in Shelby Twp is good. Wow sushi in Rochester is pretty good and I like their lunch options. I’m not a fan of itchiban, one I can’t remember the name in AA, not the one in Clinton Twp on Garfield. I will pass on those.
Wow is good.  So is Sapporo (WBH's recommendation) at Big Beaver & John R.  Kona Grill is excellent but sorta pricey.  Never been to Mon Jin Lau but Nino Salvaggio's sells their stuff and it's pretty good.  Naruto at 15 & Van Dyke is a decent value.

Noble Fish is different.  More of a sushi/sashimi grocery store with a small sushi bar in the back.  They have all the ingredients and tools to make your own at home, if that adventurous.  Pre-made sushi in the cooler is very good.  The cooler itself is why I really like the place.  Wide range of beautiful sashimi grade to take home.  Great spicy sauce and the bar will hand grind fresh wasabi right in front of you.  Hard to walk out of the place spending less than $60-70 but worth it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon May 20, 2019 10:40 am

"District Detroit" is a dumb name for a section of downtown Detroit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon May 20, 2019 12:43 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Wow is good.  So is Sapporo (WBH's recommendation) at Big Beaver & John R.  Kona Grill is excellent but sorta pricey.  Never been to Mon Jin Lau but Nino Salvaggio's sells their stuff and it's pretty good.  Naruto at 15 & Van Dyke is a decent value.

Noble Fish is different.  More of a sushi/sashimi grocery store with a small sushi bar in the back.  They have all the ingredients and tools to make your own at home, if that adventurous.  Pre-made sushi in the cooler is very good.  The cooler itself is why I really like the place.  Wide range of beautiful sashimi grade to take home.  Great spicy sauce and the bar will hand grind fresh wasabi right in front of you.  Hard to walk out of the place spending less than $60-70 but worth it.

I haven’t made my own sushi in years. But that would be worthwhile to check out. Generally, when I get sushi just for myself it usually runs 60-70 . Of course if hubby is with me double that. We love taking the leftovers home .
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon May 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Today is World Bee Day.

RIP, LWS.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Today is World Bee Day.

RIP, LWS.
was stung by a bee right in the temple area once.. it was maybe a wasp or a yellowjacket.. not sure.

anyway, I got a little dizzy, kind of blacked out for a second. Didn't think much about it - woke up the next morning.. my face was swollen and I looked like the Elephant Man (which was a slight improvement over what I look like every other day.. I was pretty happy about it)..

so, anyway - my wife makes me go to the doctor - he told me that I was very fortunate.. that something about getting stung that close to the brain could've done real damage. I guess the poison is so much more potent, as it hasn't traveled through your system enough to sort of become more diluted, filtrated, whatever..

he said people have died.

so - aren't y'all glad I'm here?!?! Random Ramblings - Page 13 685334576
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon May 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:"District Detroit" is a dumb name for a section of downtown Detroit.

Extra super uber dumb.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon May 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

RIP, LWS.
was stung by a bee right in the temple area once.. it was maybe a wasp or a yellowjacket.. not sure.

anyway, I got a little dizzy, kind of blacked out for a second. Didn't think much about it - woke up the next morning.. my face was swollen and I looked like the Elephant Man (which was a slight improvement over what I look like every other day.. I was pretty happy about it)..

so, anyway - my wife makes me go to the doctor - he told me that I was very fortunate.. that something about getting stung that close to the brain could've done real damage. I guess the poison is so much more potent, as it hasn't traveled through your system enough to sort of become more diluted, filtrated, whatever..

This explains so much.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon May 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

RIP, LWS.

Whew. Since I'm the only one on this board that has met the legend Bob before, I can say I'm personally relieved that your face doesn't look like that all the time. I can now tell the people at my tailgate who were concerned about you that it was some sort of insect/human interaction reaction and that we're all lucky you even showed up to drink a bud light. Praise be to Bob. Random Ramblings - Page 13 3493939353 Random Ramblings - Page 13 2275418548
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon May 20, 2019 2:46 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

This explains so much.

It certainly does.
How many times have you been stung on the head? Pretty sure snorting bumble bees counts.
Random Ramblings - Page 13 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 20, 2019 2:58 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

This explains so much.
Random Ramblings - Page 13 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon May 20, 2019 2:59 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Whew. Since I'm the only one on this board that has met the legend Bob before, I can say I'm personally relieved that your face doesn't look like that all the time. I can now tell the people at my tailgate who were concerned about you that it was some sort of insect/human interaction reaction and that we're all lucky you even showed up to drink a bud light. Praise be to Bob. Random Ramblings - Page 13 3493939353 Random Ramblings - Page 13 2275418548
yeah, I was have a bad face day that day..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue May 21, 2019 12:21 am

I get why there are labels on towels, and something that’s 2”x2” on a bath towel isn’t a big deal. But why the heck don’t they downsize the washcloth label? It’s ridiculous to be taking up that much real estate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed May 22, 2019 2:49 pm

You know you’re old when the “you know you’re old when” memes are after your time.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri May 24, 2019 7:09 pm

Unlike humans, chicken thighs > chicken breasts
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri May 24, 2019 7:29 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Unlike humans, chicken thighs > chicken breasts

Gotta say, up high on the inner thigh is a wonderful place to spend some time. On a woman, not the chicken. Well, maybe a chicken, too. Never tried it, so who knows?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri May 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Rocinante wrote:You know you’re old when the “you know you’re old when” memes are after your time.

I honestly think the first time I realized I was old was when Lou & Tramm retired. They’re older than me by a few years, but I’d followed them from the minors to the Bigs. It was a bizarre feeling seeing those guys call it quits.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri May 24, 2019 8:37 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:You know you’re old when the “you know you’re old when” memes are after your time.

I honestly think the first time I realized I was old was when Lou & Tramm retired. They’re older than me by a few years, but I’d followed them from the minors to the Bigs. It was a bizarre feeling seeing those guys call it quits.

tGWay, you're old. It was nice "knowing" you.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri May 24, 2019 8:45 pm

I think I’m top two in old ness here. 11/16/61.

Saw John Kennedy in a parade. (Can’t remember). Was around for my dad ripping his pants in joy at one of the football championships at MSU in the 60’s. Saw oj run against us. Moon landing. Parents made me watch Nixon resign. Remember Ali Fraser 1. Greg Landry going 80 plus yards on a QB sneak against my packers. Pretty old.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri May 24, 2019 9:04 pm

I'm #1! I'm #1! I'm #...

never mind
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri May 24, 2019 9:10 pm

DWags wrote:I think I’m top two in old ness here. 11/16/61.

Saw John Kennedy in a parade. (Can’t remember). Was around for my dad ripping his pants in joy at one of the football championships at MSU in the 60’s. Saw oj run against us. Moon landing. Parents made me watch Nixon resign. Remember Ali Fraser 1. Greg Landry going 80 plus yards on a QB sneak against my packers. Pretty old.

What are you trying to say
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat May 25, 2019 6:55 am

Casual observation. Walmart is way more tolerable before the local Confederate Merica crowd is up....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat May 25, 2019 9:37 am

kingstonlake wrote:Casual observation. Walmart is way more tolerable before the local Confederate Merica crowd is up....

That is very true.
But their produce usually sucks. So I usually go to meijer if I need anything else, because I most likely need some groceries.

Although Kroger produce > meijer produce
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat May 25, 2019 10:03 am

Dendrobates wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Casual observation. Walmart is way more tolerable before the local Confederate Merica crowd is up....

That is very true.
But their produce usually sucks. So I usually go to meijer if I need anything else, because I most likely need some groceries.

All places are more tolerable early in the morning. I guess with the exception of the day after thanksgiving.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat May 25, 2019 10:10 am

DWags wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

That is very true.

All places are more tolerable early in the morning. I guess with the exception of the day after thanksgiving.

Good point.
And some farmers markets. I want to go more often, but sometimes it’s just too crazy.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat May 25, 2019 10:40 am

Dendrobates wrote:

That is very true.

I go to Meijer 95% of the time. And yes, Walmart produce sucks with the exception of asparagus. They usually have it anywhere from $1.37-$1.99 an lb. Meijer is upwards of $2.99+ when not on sale.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat May 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Dendrobates wrote:

That is very true.

Produce store produce > grocery store produce. Stuff just seems to last a lot longer.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat May 25, 2019 9:49 pm

I have seen step brothers so many times and I own the movie. It's on TV right now and it still makes me laugh.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat May 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Honestly it might be my favorite movie ever.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Welp, I guess I’ll be checking out Step Brothers this weekend.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat May 25, 2019 10:34 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Welp, I guess I’ll be checking out Step Brothers this weekend.

Love you GW but holy crap at someone never seeing step Brothers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next