Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+33
Bill Cain
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Cameron
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
TheReal_LWS
AvgMSUJoe
GirbaudJeans
Banks2Mason
goodbar
DWags
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
InTenSity
loogoldham
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Senior Dickfist
Dendrobates
37 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 11 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-18, 22:21

I don't know where to put this but I kind of like Kristine Leahy. I mean not kind of. I do love her. She's a beautiful person. And she likes basketball. And is attractive.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-18, 22:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't know where to put this but I kind of like Kristine Leahy. I mean not kind of. I do love her. She's a beautiful person. And she likes basketball. And is attractive.

What are you drinking tonight?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-18, 22:44

Vodka. I'm on vacation.

I just watched the FS1 interview with Blake Griffin. She's funny as hell. So is Blake. I like Blake, he seems like a good dude. Just don't really give any fucks about the Pistons.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-02-19, 18:09

I'm pretty excited about being approved for a good credit card today. Score has been climbing and I got a nice pre approval offer so I jumped on it. Maybe that's weird but whatever Random Ramblings - Page 11 502811600
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-02-19, 18:15

Tim Wakefield wrote: I'm pretty excited about being approved for a good credit card today. Score has been climbing and I got a nice pre approval offer so I jumped on it. Maybe that's weird but whatever Random Ramblings - Page 11 502811600
What's a good pre approval?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-02-19, 18:27

InTenSity wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote: I'm pretty excited about being approved for a good credit card today. Score has been climbing and I got a nice pre approval offer so I jumped on it. Maybe that's weird but whatever Random Ramblings - Page 11 502811600
What's a good pre approval?

Citi Double Cash card. 2% back on everything. Internet says it's a hit
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-21, 23:34

$6 all you can eat wings at this dive place tonight. Random Ramblings - Page 11 1567726941
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-02-21, 23:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:$6 all you can eat wings at this dive place tonight. Random Ramblings - Page 11 1567726941
Time you repaid the $10 Bob loaned you in that library book...?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-22, 00:33

The Pantry wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:$6 all you can eat wings at this dive place tonight. Random Ramblings - Page 11 1567726941
Time you repaid the $10 Bob loaned you in that library book...?

That was no loan, sir - that was for a beer at the final four. Bob, being the great American that he is, would not take my money. Random Ramblings - Page 11 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-23, 22:09

Fer cryin’ out loud, Bob, take down your Christmas lights. You and a half dozen others in the neighborhood are making the rest of us look like poors.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-24, 11:19

Bathroom fans should be noisy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-02, 21:49

Will I ever be as happy about anything as my 19 month old is when bubble guppies is on TV?

The crazy smile of pure joy on her face is something I'm envious about, but love seeing on her face.

Were we ever that way? Or have I always been a cynical bitch?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-03-02, 22:21

Dendrobates wrote:Will I ever be as happy about anything as my 19 month old is when bubble guppies is on TV?

The crazy smile of pure joy on her face is something I'm envious about, but love seeing on her face.

You were happy once.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-02, 22:27

Dendrobates wrote:Will I ever be as happy about anything as my 19 month old is when bubble guppies is on TV?

Make sure you film your babies as they watch. You have no idea how cool those movies are when you and the spouse are home 20 years from now and they’re at college or the bar. It’s really priceless.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-02, 22:38

Sucks to not be innocent anymore.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-02, 22:49

DWags wrote:

Make sure you film your babies as they watch. You have no idea how cool those movies are when you and the spouse are home 20 years from now and they’re at college or the bar. It’s really priceless.
One thing that's different about raising little kids in today's day and age is we are unlikely to ever look back with remorse and say 'man, I wish I had pictures/video of that'. Shit it's almost overwhelming. I'm sure I have video somewhere of their first steps but I wouldn't be able to pick it out of a lineup of similar videos. 

The old way was probably better.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-02, 23:32

I’m in love with Bill Walton
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-03, 10:32

DWags wrote:

We do try to get some good moments. But most times when we do, she either doesn’t do what we wanted to film, hids from the camera, or never smiles when the camera is out. Drives us crazy!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-04, 11:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't think so.
I went through the trove for a grad party last year and the effect was... uh... emotional.
So little and cute and pure compared to a huge lump of manchild who wont listen to a word I say... It was nice remembering those times. Although, It was also painful to see those times gone.
Aw fuck, you probably right. Better not being able to remember it. (Although I have a feeling when I'm 70 and I see my offspring... and their kids?... 3 times a year, these videos and pics will be played often.)
DAMN that's depressing... Life sucks, it really does.

When's the legal pot gunna start showing up?

(stream of consciousness post)

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-04, 11:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

One thing that's different about raising little kids in today's day and age is we are unlikely to ever look back with remorse and say 'man, I wish I had pictures/video of that'. Shit it's almost overwhelming. I'm sure I have video somewhere of their first steps but I wouldn't be able to pick it out of a lineup of similar videos. 

Most of the videos from are first are on a camcorder tape. Unlikely to break those out and watch a 2-hour Xmas spectacular.

My SIL takes pics and vids of every waking moment. I guarantee she never goes back and looks at them either.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-04, 11:32

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Most of the videos from are first are on a camcorder tape. Unlikely to break those out and watch a 2-hour Xmas spectacular.

My SIL takes pics and vids of every waking moment. I guarantee she never goes back and looks at them either.

We converted all of ours to dvd. The expense was soooooooo worth it, please consider doing this.

************Important****************

Get the video's from SIL, FIL, MIL, anyone you know and preserve them NOW! Laugh all you want. But, as some of you know, my in laws lost their house in June of last year to a fire. Here's the heart breaking part. My FIL had 20 years of old cam corder family and my kids, his grand kids on tape. I told him at Christmas I'd take them from him and put them on DVD. We agreed and never made the exchange. When they say the thing you get most heart broken over a loss in a fire is old family pictures that are lost, I am here to tell everyone that is dead balls right on the nose accurate. I mean, it's fucking heart breaking. And everyone of you guys are thinking "meh, it won't happen to me, or my in laws, no big deal". It fricken happens, not just fire, floods of basements where people store shit. Do this, do it this month, do it when you see them at Easter. Collect it, preserve it and put them somewhere that you know will be safe. You young kids know how to do that shit way more than I do on computers and disks and thumb drives and whatever. But just do it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-04, 11:38

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

We converted all of ours to dvd. The expense was soooooooo worth it, please consider doing this.

************Important****************

Get the video's from SIL, FIL, MIL, anyone you know and preserve them NOW! Laugh all you want. But, as some of you know, my in laws lost their house in June of last year to a fire. Here's the heart breaking part. My FIL had 20 years of old cam corder family and my kids, his grand kids on tape. I told him at Christmas I'd take them from him and put them on DVD. We agreed and never made the exchange. When they say the thing you get most heart broken over a loss in a fire is old family pictures that are lost, I am here to tell everyone that is dead balls right on the nose accurate. I mean, it's fucking heart breaking. And everyone of you guys are thinking "meh, it won't happen to me, or my in laws, no big deal". It fricken happens, not just fire, floods of basements where people store shit. Do this, do it this month, do it when you see them at Easter. Collect it, preserve it and put them somewhere that you know will be safe. You young kids know how to do that shit way more than I do on computers and disks and thumb drives and whatever. But just do it.

It's funny (and sad) that you mentioned this. I spent all day yesterday teaching and helping my GF (quick learner but not technically savvy) scan her 15-30 year-old pictures onto to her computer and then back them up to a thumb drive. Made a good dent in one afternoon, but still weeks more to complete it all.

Now comes the important part, teaching her to back them up to the cloud, or somewhere offsite on a second thumb drive in the case of disaster.

I can't stress that last part enough. OFFSITE for reduncancy.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-04, 13:46

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't think so.
I went through the trove for a grad party last year and the effect was... uh... emotional.
So little and cute and pure compared to a huge lump of manchild who wont listen to a word I say... It was nice remembering those times. Although, It was also painful to see those times gone.
Aw fuck, you probably right. Better not being able to remember it. (Although I have a feeling when I'm 70 and I see my offspring... and their kids?... 3 times a year, these videos and pics will be played often.)
DAMN that's depressing... Life sucks, it really does.

When's the legal pot gunna start showing up?

(stream of consciousness post)

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-07, 10:23

My 19 month old is already acting like she knows more than us.

My husband was reading a book to her, and she said dog. My husband said, no that’s a hyena. She kept insisting it was dog, and he kept saying it was a hyena. He continues to read the book, and then she grabs the book and flips back to the one page and insistently says, NO, DOG!

What’s this going to be like when she’s olden? We’re screwed.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 10:41

Dendrobates wrote:My 19 month old is already acting like she knows more than us.

My husband was reading a book to her, and she said dog. My husband said, no that’s a hyena. She kept insisting it was dog, and he kept saying it was a hyena. He continues to read the book, and then she grabs the book and flips back to the one page and insistently says, NO, DOG!

Our 9 y/o is going through puberty, I swear. The mood swings, the random crying. I think we're all just lucky if we keep our feet in this hurricane.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-07, 10:46

My 6 year old is infinitely more mature than my 9 year old in many - actually all - ways.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-03-07, 11:51

Dendrobates wrote:My 19 month old is already acting like she knows more than us.

Wow, I can't believe your kiddo is already 19 months old.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-07, 12:00

My 8 year old girl is more mature then my 15 year old boy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-07, 12:20

Senior Dickfist wrote:

Wow, I can't believe your kiddo is already 19 months old.  

I know. She looks 3 and Is the same height as her 3 year old cousins.

AvgMSUJoe wrote:My 8 year old girl is more mature then my 15 year old boy.

It really is true that girls mature faster than boys.
And from my experience of having all older brothers, if the younger kid is a girl she’s more observant of the dumb stuff the other brothers do. Therefore, either gets to do more by following the rules, or learned how to bend the rules quicker.

I worry for the pre teen years. Good luck to you guys who are in the long haul now.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-13, 21:01

About every 3-4 months or so, I get an itch to buy a $30 scratch off. I bought one and won $50. I decided to use that money and buy another $20 and $30 scratch off. The $30 one I won $60. The $20 one I won $150. That's the most I've ever won on those.

I am just going to take my money and walk away. Random Ramblings - Page 11 3493939353
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-13, 21:04

Dendrobates wrote:About every 3-4 months or so, I get an itch to buy a $30 scratch off. I bought one and won $50. I decided to use that money and buy another $20 and $30 scratch off. The $30 one I won $60. The $20 one I won $150. That's the most I've ever won on those.

I am just going to take my money and walk away. Random Ramblings - Page 11 3493939353

Nice! And I like you’re not gonna give it back. Buy your husband some sexy underwear
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-13, 22:18

Dendrobates wrote:About every 3-4 months or so, I get an itch to buy a $30 scratch off. I bought one and won $50. I decided to use that money and buy another $20 and $30 scratch off. The $30 one I won $60. The $20 one I won $150. That's the most I've ever won on those.

I didn’t even know there were scratchers that cost that much.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-23, 19:03

We don't have an "Oh, Alabama". I suspect we don't really really need one because not much ever happens there, but there's this...
Don't Bring a Knife to a Machette Fight
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-23, 19:08

I gotta stack of scratcher winners on top of the fridge. Probably $150-200... Do they go "bad"?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-30, 08:33

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I gotta stack of scratcher winners on top of the fridge. Probably $150-200... Do they go "bad"?

You have a year.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-30, 08:34

Guys, I dreamed I won 12 million dollars on this casino game. Then I woke up , thinking it really happened.

How fucking depressing.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-30, 14:51

Sigourney Weaver was incredibly hot in Galaxy Quest.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-30, 14:56

Dendrobates wrote:Guys, I dreamed I won 12 million dollars on this casino game. Then I woke up , thinking it really happened.

How fucking depressing.
Had similar dreams. Usually my dick is much bigger.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-04-05, 21:05

Accidentally heard some talk about womens final 4, commentator mentioned some team played 'man to man' defense scratch
Is it possible for women to play 'man to man'? or is that sexists, judgmental, toxic masculinity? I just don't know anymore.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-05, 22:07

What the fuck is bubble guppies?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte